Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

March CET

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

5.4c for me please.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Lowering my prediction to 5.5C, 0.8C below average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:12

I am going for an early punt 4.7c

Need an update from GP on his thoughts for Spring before making my final guess.

4.7 will be my final guess.

10c?! You are having a giraffe surely?

And how on Earth will it be 14 in a row, 2006 had the coldest start to Spring in 30 years or something like that.

lol don't worry nick conor always goes for the warmest month on record, he infamously went for 20C one August as ever he was way off the mark. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

lets hope for a early spring 7.1c will do

Posted

Yesterday came out at 3.8C, so a little below average but nothing too extreme...

March is always hard to call because as we saw in March 06, you can still get proper cold spells but equally you can get wam conditions towards the end of the month which can sometimes wipe out earlier cold spells.

Still first half of March should come in below average compared to the first 15 days average.

Posted

Looks like the first third of the month will be quite settled with mins below average and maxes a little nearer average.

Something near 4C by the 10th looks feasible give or take half a degree. If correct, another below average month would be favoured, but with warm days increasingly possible near the end of the month, it could all change.

Posted

Hadley has it at 3.5c to the 2nd -1.1c.

Looks cold to me for the foreseeable

Posted

Looks like the first third of the month will be quite settled with mins below average and maxes a little nearer average.

Something near 4C by the 10th looks feasible give or take half a degree. If correct, another below average month would be favoured, but with warm days increasingly possible near the end of the month, it could all change.

Yeah cetainly a cold start to the month though I wouldn't be all that surprised to see a somewhat milder second half to the month to send that figure higher, though even then the synoptic evolution doesn't suggest anything as mild as sa the last week of March 06...so plenty to play for but a below average month somewhat favoured at this stage.

Posted

Does anyone have the sunshine statistics for the sunniest March on record, i think we may need them on hand??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Hadley has it at 3.5c to the 2nd -1.1c.

Looks cold to me for the foreseeable

Yes nothing to suggest this will rise in the next week

A few cold nights coming up and max 6 or 7c during the day

It would be nice to get another sub CET month

Posted

3.4c to the 3rd -1.2c

http://hadobs.metoffice.com/hadcet/cet_info_mean.html

Looking good to come in below average upto mid month, hopefully enough below to negate any warmth at the end of the month to record another below average month.

Yes a deviation from the norm of 1.2C and the coldest winter for over 30 years isn't enough to stop a mass exodus already beginning steve, as you say a cold first half to March seems very likely putting us in with a good chance of recording the fourth below average month in a row.