Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

March CET

Posted

Given the cold SST's and cold arctic and continent, I can't see the CET being much above average. March can be dominated by easterlies and northerlies more so than Feb even, the atlantic rarely persists on a SW-NE trajectory during March.

I am going to go for 6.1 degrees, slightly below average. I can see the current north-south divide for much of the month with Scotland seeing quite a cold March with propensity for blocking to be in situ to the north influencing northern Britain much more than the south, similiar to March 06.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

Haven't really got a clue - I suspect this winter's got a few parting shots yet to offer us even in CET-land....on the other hand, today felt wonderfully springlike. Within the range I fancy, there are just two as yet unguessed slots left, 6.0 & 5.2....I''l go for one of those, but which one?

All right, for the time being I'll plump for the colder, that is to say

+5.2oC

Edited by osmposm

Posted

1st - 7th. Cold throughout this period with light Northerly winds. Turning more easterly later

CET 2.6c

8th-14th Very cold at first but turning more unsettled later on with rain and more normal temperatures

CET 3.2c

15th-21st Mostly unsettled with temperatures close to or above normal.

CET 6.6c

22nd-31st Turning more settled and warmer with south/south easterly winds. Cool and cloudy around the coast

CET 8.9c

Overall CET; 5.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

5.0°C for me please.

Posted

5.7C for me please.

Edited by Koppite

Posted

I see a month quite like March 2006 as well, as soon as the major -ve AO/NAO combo goes away the jet should lift northwards and I wouldn't be surprised to see a flip to wet southerlies. I don't think the first half will be quite as cold as March 2006, though its not totally impossible but equally I don't think the last week will be quite so mild either, so probably coming out very close to 06 IMO, I'll plump for 4.7, pretty cold one!

Posted

This winter is going to have a sub 3C CET, so what were the following Marches CETs after such winters?

There are 93 such winters (do the nearest decimal point) and 53 were followed by sub 5C Marches.

Only 6 were followed by a March of > 7.0 (1780 was followed by a 7.9 March) and only 11 were followed by a March > 6.3

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

This winter is going to have a sub 3C CET, so what were the following Marches CETs after such winters?

There are 93 such winters (do the nearest decimal point) and 53 were followed by sub 5C Marches.

Only 6 were followed by a March of > 7.0 (1780 was followed by a 7.9 March) and only 11 were followed by a March > 6.3

Following that gem I think I will go for 4.9ºC please.

Posted

According to Mr Data'a info, we're odds on for below 5C, so I'll go for 4.6C please.