Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Welsh Mild Weather Discussion Thread

J10

Posted

Rain started here about 20mins ago,now very heavy.

Might be with you by the morning thats if its heading your way.unknw.gif

GFS has it hitting us overnight

Posted

Shows it on the (Raintoday)radar Andy, but i dont know how accurate the radars are!!

virtually spot on - latest GFS 18z tonight - that low tomorrow into sunday may well do a fair bit of damage on the south coast of England and the south east + we're gonna get hit with a lot of rain and wind also - which may turn to sleet and snow later on sunday

Posted

virtually spot on - latest GFS 18z tonight - that low tomorrow into sunday may well do a fair bit of damage on the south coast of England and the south east + we're gonna get hit with a lot of rain and wind also - which may turn to sleet and snow later on sunday

BBC weather just mentioned possible snow for Wales on higher ground,another concern with the heavy rain for areas is the springtides.

Possible flooding in a lot of areas.

Posted

BBC weather just mentioned possible snow for Wales on higher ground,another concern with the heavy rain for areas is the springtides.

Possible flooding in a lot of areas.

next week is looking cold also - winter refuses to let up just yet

Posted

hope winter hasnt given up yet as we have had a good one this year and a good farewell would be nice smile.gif

I don't think it has yet Wayne - there are all the signs in the models that it wants to give us at least one more snowy ride before spring gets goingcold.gif

Posted

Latest GFS models 06z - a trend is developing for very cold weather to come back into Wales as from the end of next week - this could even include ICE days (days at which the daytime temp never goes above freezing) via a cold easterly wind - stay tuned folks!

Posted

I don't think it has yet Wayne - there are all the signs in the models that it wants to give us at least one more snowy ride before spring gets goingcold.gif

In the short time I've been following these threads the one certainty I've come to accept is there is no certainty in any model in excess of a 72 hr lookout.

with the beautiful day we've got forecast for Sunday looks like I'll be removing the dreaded wasp nest that settled in our attic last summer before spring brings the little critters back - a week of winter to go then Andy?

post-11218-12672705922017_thumb.jpg

Posted

In the short time I've been following these threads the one certainty I've come to accept is there is no certainty in any model in excess of a 72 hr lookout.

with the beautiful day we've got forecast for Sunday looks like I'll be removing the dreaded wasp nest that settled in our attic last summer before spring brings the little critters back - a week of winter to go then Andy?

d'you mean tomorrow Steve? - wind and rain/possibly sleet/snow - models are suspect past 2 -3 days agreed - but the "trend" is there for something much colder towards the end of next week - it's got to be watched

Posted

I meant in general Andy - just ignore me - bit of a hangover after last night :0)

No worries Steve - as long as you had a good time - shame about Wales - had a feeling though this year wasn't gonna be good!

Posted

^wow. Still wind and rain lazy.gif.

Now this is exactly why you are nearly extinct ourson - too much ramping!!!!!! There will be snow in March possibly but none will stick. Lost the faith x

None will stick? Can't say that yet, remember April 2008? :)

8cm fell, yes it melted by the afternoon but still :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/apr/07/weather.transport

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Another fairly mild day. max 9c, it does feel nice in the sun these days.

Very stormy for Iberia today and France tomorrow, could be a wet one for Wales but not that windy.

Settling down during next week hopefully, with some pleasant spring sunshine, but a chilly breeze is likely to temper the March sunshine.

Posted

Another fairly mild day. max 9c, it does feel nice in the sun these days.

Very stormy for Iberia today and France tomorrow, could be a wet one for Wales but not that windy.

Settling down during next week hopefully, with some pleasant spring sunshine, but a chilly breeze is likely to temper the March sunshine.

Yep - straight from the east and by thursday night it could be dragging in some snow with it too - GFS 12z

Posted

Slack pressure in the reliable modelling timeframe, with a gentle SW flow so any sunshine will feel pleasant.post-2595-12672913466417_thumb.gif

Hints of a colder NE flow by this time next week.

post-2595-12672915932517_thumb.gif

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

GFS 18z - still showing a very snowy picture for Wales come wednesday night into all day thursday and into Friday - if it comes off it'll be a snowfest folkscold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Posted

Hi Misty - what is a boltek? (is it some kind of weather station? - considering the same myself if so) - probably sounds like you should definitely invest in a BBQ at the very least ohmy.gif)

It's a lightning detector. Cost is upwards of £600, but gives you a computer map of storms for up to 300 miles away. If you want a good weather station, get a Davis Vantage Vue

with the datalogger. I have one they're brilliant.

Posted

Just an update from the west.

Showers this morning, gave a fall of some wet snow around 11am. Temps colder out west, about 3c. Driven further east and I can report 5c Carmarthen and 8c in Swansea!

So west is best for a cold chill today. And with some sunny spells there its not a bad day further west.

Posted

What a fail the weather forecast has been.

Last time I checked there was a strong storm heading over from the south.

It's bone dry and partly cloudy here and it looks like it's missed the UK except the SE of England.

Of course the forecast may have changed hours earlier but I haven't been here to check. whistling.gif