Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull Volcano

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

Having just come out of a teleconference between airlines/operators/ATC I can pretty much say that the 2200 reopening time doesn't appear to be an official time that the industry is working towards. The official line is that the next airspace review will be made at 0000z (0100 local). I have also been made aware than a World Airlines (MD11 aircraft) cargo flight from Maastricht to Oostend late this afternoon reported ash damage upon landing but further investigation is taking place with them at the moment.

Posted

Whats happening to the Vancouver flight (the one previously circulating Isle of Man) was heading for London now off somewhere else - I'd have pooped me pants by now if I had been on board

Heading back to Isle of Man cant they just let them poor buggers land - surely cant have much fuel left

Posted

Whats happening to the Vancouver flight (the one previously circulating Isle of Man) was heading for London now off somewhere else - I'd have pooped me pants by now if I had been on board

Heading back to Isle of Man cant they just let them poor buggers land - surely cant have much fuel left

Qu-ing for Birmingham now? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Having just come out of a teleconference between airlines/operators/ATC I can pretty much say that the 2200 reopening time doesn't appear to be an official time that the industry is working towards. The official line is that the next airspace review will be made at 0000z (0100 local). I have also been made aware than a World Airlines (MD11 aircraft) cargo flight from Maastricht to Oostend late this afternoon reported ash damage upon landing but further investigation is taking place with them at the moment.

Hello James, just down the road from me!

That's slightly worrying re the cargo flight?

Thomas Cook sure got some flights on the move quick!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Don't they know there's no ash so there can't be any damage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Should not slag them off really as they are the only big company I know of at rhe moment that have given full refunds to all customers so far

Posted

Mad rush to get to Heathrow.

Posted

There certainly not hanging about lol! Getting there quick before they change there mind again. This time i doubt it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

its snowing and sticking in Mulakot, nobody is in the least bit interested :rolleyes:

Does the buck stop with the engine manufacturers if anything happens?

Posted

First BA flight on the descent now...

he must be on fumes the time he's spent holding close to the UK ...

Posted

Why, then, isn't this being made public knowledge?

Posted

Why, then, isn't this being made public knowledge?

Because they would have to ground all the aircraft again ????

Posted

I dont think the buck stop with the engine manufacturers. Its the airlines decision to fly. I read somewhere that engine manuacturers have recommended full strip strip and service after each flight. CCant see that happening.

Posted

hope this works

http://www.radarvirtuel.com/#

got it off floodwarn good site..

kaz

x

right off to work have fun guys will have a sneeky peep in on mob later..

Cheers Kaz glad someone likes all the hard work i put into getting information for people.

Quite hard to keep it updated by myself too