Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull Volcano

Coast

Posted

I see BA102 has taken a sudden turn away from the Midlands on its way from Calgary ..... and the Easyjet flight has turned around too ...

Posted

Looks like the Easyjet flight has done a tour of Liverpool and is heading back on the same heading back to Luton ...

Posted

Looks like the Easyjet flight has done a tour of Liverpool and is heading back on the same heading back to Luton ...

I didn't realise flights are taking off and landing at Luton? If it's only 1 or 2.

Posted

Hmmm. Looking at Hvolsvelli webcam does anyone reckon that is ash cloud or just fog?

With change in wind direction perhaps they are catching the ash now.

poor devils if they are.

Posted

Pretty shambolic situation when you look at the radar - all these planes going round in circles unknown what to do next as they await "the powers that be" next judgement.

Posted

BA are treading a very fine line here and could be in trouble if not careful. If CAA says Heathrow is closed, if they try to land there and over rule the CAA untold crap will fly.

Edited by SnowBear

Posted

The longer they make them stay up there, the more "ash" they'll consume :lol:

Posted

Just seen my first jet for days

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=Cessna%20-%20550%20Citation%20II&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Seems it was only a small jet though, i googled it and apparently NOAA use of these jets as well

http://www.aoc.noaa.gov/aircraft_cessna.htm

Posted

Well, if they try to land, they will apparently be in breach of regulations, which would not do BA much good at all. CAA is not exactly an authority to get on the wrong side of or upset I think.

Posted

Just seen my first jet for days

http://images.google...=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Seems it was only a small jet though, i googled it and apparently NOAA use of these jets as well

http://www.aoc.noaa....raft_cessna.htm

I saw my first plane at around 11am this morning! I think it was flying above the 20,000 ft marker.

Posted

"A report on UK Channel 4 news http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/uk/ash+flight+ban+to+remain+over+most+of+uk/3620597 states that 26 British Airways 747's have taken off from around the world and are heading for the UK, despite being told it is still closed.

This is apparently part of an 'aggressive strategy' to remove the ban and get 'planes flying again on the part of the airlines."

From post #70 here: http://scienceblogs.com/eruptions/2010/04/airspace_begins_to_open_as_eyj.php#comments

Posted

Just seen the two fly over the Midlands :lol: ...one was Cargo 747 Cargo 1st con-trails in days and days lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I think one of the BA jets just landed at Shannon? What happened to the china one? I lost it!

Posted

And that is a very irresponsible and surprising act by BA. The CAA will not give way on this, they are the enforcers, and so they shouldn't, else it will make a mockery of their existence. How the heck BA think they can get away with this I don't know, all they are heading for is big trouble with CAA and even investigations by them and other agencies. Know why CAA won't give way? If BA are allowed to land even though they have said Heathrow is closed, every airline in the world will see it as a green light to just come and go as they like, CAA loses all control and any regulatory authority of our airspace. What a stupid idea by BA and I can't believe they think they will get away with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

This reminds me of the Battle of Britain

charts with planes on and all...

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

latest fromm BBC

1832 BA tells the BBC it still plans to land more than a dozen long-haul flights that are currently en route at Heathrow, despite the fact airspace over southern England remains closed. It is unclear what conversations have been taking place between BA and Nats.

Posted

This reminds me of the Battle of Britain

Was you around then? Ya not THAT old are you?? :-O lol