Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

May CET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

11.7C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

I WOULD SAY 11.0C A COOLER THAN AVERAGE START THEN GRADUALLY WARMING UP I HOPE.

Posted

15.5C

This is one of those predictions where you are sunk before the month has even begun. There have been only 12 Junes that have equalled or better that value since 1900, so the odds of May doing it are extremely small.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Totally forgot this month, it's crept up out of nowhere.

I'll go with 11C please.

Posted

Craig evens is clearly on another planet, and needs a reality check. I'd be surprised with the current forecast and FI (if it came true) if the CET came above 10C this month.

Posted

I'm late this month which is poor of me....

Still I'll go for 10.1C, the -ve NAO dominating till mid month with only average temps afterwards to slowly drag temps back up from around 8.5-9C at mid month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The GFS and ECMWF do seem to go for a generally cool outlook with high pressure to the West, and Notherly winds dominating. The UK Met Office also have the placement of the high in a similar place to the ECMWF. With Low Pressure to the East/South-East, some showers and spells of light rain possible at times, with Met Office's 5 to 30 day summary showing an unsettled outlook. The rain and showers will probably help to keep temperatures down during the day time, though a good chance for temperatures to warm up somewhat for next week with some sunny periods, particularly in the South.

So, overall, a May with temperatures below 11*C is certainly looking more and more possible, but with chance for changes to come.

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Will be interesting to see what has happened to the May CET for the second day of the month, with the colder widespread temperatures today. The temperatures probably cold enough to have lowered the CET down to around 9*C.

I guess 10.5*C is not a bad start, though, for day one. smile.gif

Posted

The first third of the month, looks like coming in rather cold. There is an outside chance that it could be sub 8 at the 10th going by todays model output (although something nearer 8.5C looks more realistic). Either way it would leave quite a steep climb back to average, with heatwave conditions likely to be required at some point later in the month to get much above average.

Posted

Yeah without a doubt looking like a cool start, mind you are March showed its certainly possible to have a well below normal start and still end up average....

However this is looking like a dominant -ve NAO/AO phase much as we saw back last winter and thus chances are we will have winds from either the north/east for a good 15-20 day period, of course an easterly could start to warm up if the correct set-up emerged towards the end of that period.

Still we likely will be close to 9C if not slightly lower by mid month if the current models carry on with what they are suggesting...so a below average May is certainly possible, only the second one since 1996's very below average May (and that was 2005 which came in just 0.1C below normal!)