Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

May CET

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Just been looking at the current statistics on www.climate-uk.com, and April saw less than half the average rainfall and over 220 hours of sunshine nationally (141%), so it looks like a second month in a row could roduce over 200 hours of sunshine (157 at the moment), and possibly under 30mm of rainfall again, certainly under 40mm.

Must say i am concerned, two months in a row with less than 50% of average rainfall certainly puts us in drought territory.

March 2010 was also slightly dryer than average, so that is three months in a row, and this is starting to make the 2004 to 2006 dry spell look tame, lets hope its summer 1995 all over again.

Edited by summer blizzard

Posted

Looking at 10.6C to 10.9C before adjustments.

Although a cooler end to the month, I can't see any dramatic falls from wherever we end up after today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I reckon 11.0c will be reached but then drop again after this weeks cool spell

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The last week of May should see 11c maintained even with a possible very slight rise as it looks close to average now on and even a warm final couple of days looks on.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

The last week of May should see 11c maintained even with a possible very slight rise as it looks close to average now on and even a warm final couple of days looks on.

GFS only has the last two days getting close or slightly above average. So CET should fall slightly from now on.

Posted

GFS only has the last two days getting close or slightly above average. So CET should fall slightly from now on.

Quite- GFS- always too low. Last week GFS had today very cool but the CET zone has probably averaged average.

Worth remembering that average at the end of may is about 13-14C - so it could be below average and still rise

Yes I almost mentioned that too. Can't see it averaging below 11c over the last week, as I think the forecasts/ models are under-doing temperatures. Easy enough to manage 17c maxes and 6c mins this time of year, especially in a half-hearted northerly.

Posted

The inevitable downward correction of 0.1 or 0.2 degrees should be factored into account when guessing the final CET. We have had some notably cold nights this month, I suspect this will have a big effect.

As I've been saying throughout the month I expect finishing mark below 11 degrees, somwhere between 10.5 and 10.8 degrees looks likely, so another below average month - taking out the last five days, an appreciably below average May would have been recorded, the first two thirds were very cold compared to normal. Not sure what the coldest May since 1996 has been, possibly 2001? or 2005? - could we beat it... stats please..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

1996 was the last below average May at 9.1C. The coldest May since then was 2005 at 11.4C.

We should be below the 2005 figure so coldest since 1996 looks very likely.

Posted

Not so sure there's going to be much of a drop mainly due to the nights not being that cold in the area. So it'll probably hover around 11c perhaps with a slight upward drift as temps recover towards the end of the week.

Posted

I hope not - just realised I've got a 10.9 prediction. If it could just drop by 0.1 (not unrealistic, after adjustments) I'm onto a winner!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

And if it stays at 11.0, I win!

Looks like somewhere between 10.8 and 11.2 will be the landing mark at any rate.

Posted

And if it stays at 11.0, I win!

Looks like somewhere between 10.8 and 11.2 will be the landing mark at any rate.

Nah it will sneak up to my 11.3c on Monday! Glad to see its maintaining above 11c as I thought for this week so far.

Posted

Hopefully it will land on 10.8C!

Posted

11.0 to the 26th

yesterday was 11.7

Amazing really considering it's supposed to be cool and cold it comes in above average. I suspect mainly due to high overnight mins??

Posted

I suspect no change today either well there wasn't for us anyway.

Posted

I suspect no change today either well there wasn't for us anyway.

Probably downish pressure yesterday, today and tomorrow, with slight upward pressure for the last 2 days.

11.0 before adjustments looks good, maybe 0.1 either side.

For myself, hopeful of a 5th consecutive month within 0.2C, with a possibility of another direct hit (10.8C)

Posted

Depending on how quickly the rain clears, tomorrow could be quite a cool day. I think there may also be a surprisingly cold night on Sunday night which will off-set the warm maxima on Monday. Overall I doub't there will be much movement between now and Monday.