Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

May CET

Posted

We exceeded that yesterday which shows what mild nights can do. GFS showing a swing to more warmer weather with the cooler plunge being pushed eastward so the outcome is far from certain. Next four days or so should return above 14C average by a good margin if this mornings forecast is right. So 11c is certainly not off the cards and maybe even beaten if the warming trend continues.

In order to have exceeded 19C yesterday, following a night of 4.6C, the CET average maximum would have needed to be 33.4C. It felt a bit warmer yesterday, but not that warm :lol: :cray:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Somewhere between 10.5 and 11 looks likely I think. A return to chilly nights and average days looks likely next week after the upcoming warm few days and nights.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

In order to have exceeded 19C yesterday, following a night of 4.6C, the CET average maximum would have needed to be 33.4C. It felt a bit warmer yesterday, but not that warm :clap::D

Like I said ours exceeded the required 13.3C average. The max 18.1C and min of 9.9C average 14c. Dunno where 19C came from. We're just outside the CET area. However warms days and nights expected in the coming days.

Posted

Like I said ours exceeded the required 13.3C average. The max 18.1C and min of 9.9C average 14c. Dunno where 19C came from. We're just outside the CET area. However warms days and nights expected in the coming days.

The official figure (which this thread is dedicated to) for yesterday was 11.4.

Next 5 days will be a lot higher though - I expect we will be over 10 by the end of Sunday.

It wouldn't suprise me to see a downward adjustment at month end - some of the minimums look a bit high

Posted

The official figure (which this thread is dedicated to) for yesterday was 11.4.

Next 5 days will be a lot higher though - I expect we will be over 10 by the end of Sunday.

It wouldn't suprise me to see a downward adjustment at month end - some of the minimums look a bit high

Ah I see where the 19c came from I didn't cut it out from the quote hence the confusion. Sorry. You were saying 11c was unlikely it's looking fairly possible at the moment. Lunchtime forecast has upped the anti further saying 26C possible plus double figure nights. Going to be interesting to watch.

Posted

I think a CET somewhere in the 10's is most likely from here. The final few days of the month looks generally cooler to me. Last time a May CET came in somewhere in the 10's was 1994!

Posted

Last night came in as 10.0c for the min. That is far too high. Even down the south it was widely down between 6c-9c.

Fzor the 18th the CET mean comes in at 11.2c.

That figure will no doubt be pruned in the end of month adjustment.

Its been quite a different month here to in the CET zone, in this location a mean of 15.1C (3.7C above average) is required now to reach the 1971-2000 average. Unusually, for a near-coastal location the min temp has a larger negative anomoly than the max temp.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Last night came in as 10.0c for the min. That is far too high. Even down the south it was widely down between 6c-9c.

Fzor the 18th the CET mean comes in at 11.2c.

A quick look at the minima on weatheronline shows most Midlands stations 9c- 10c with a couple at 11 and 12c. So that's why, central regions and indeed Wales were mild last night.

Posted

Looking like some quite cool nights will descend on the country early next week thanks to a northerly developing which is now looking increasingly likely, this will hamper chance of anything higher than 11 degrees, still a very slim chance if we see a very late heatwave, at this stage somewhere near 10.5 degrees look a good bet - below average almost a dead cert.

Posted

Looking like some quite cool nights will descend on the country early next week thanks to a northerly developing which is now looking increasingly likely, this will hamper chance of anything higher than 11 degrees, still a very slim chance if we see a very late heatwave, at this stage somewhere near 10.5 degrees look a good bet - below average almost a dead cert.

Wish it make it's mind up about the FI northerly. On On off off off on. Like I said any ones guess where it ends up CET at the moment.

Posted

That figure will no doubt be pruned in the end of month adjustment.

Its been quite a different month here to in the CET zone, in this location a mean of 15.1C (3.7C above average) is required now to reach the 1971-2000 average. Unusually, for a near-coastal location the min temp has a larger negative anomoly than the max temp.

It was readjusted to 9.9c a full 0.1c taken off lol.

Last night came in at a whopping 12.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

High chances of a sub 11C May CET if the current model outputs verify because a fairly potent northerly is progged for next week.

Posted

High chances of a sub 11C May CET if the current model outputs verify because a fairly potent northerly is progged for next week.

Could be well hell of a contrast as the evening forecast has now upped the max's to a possible 28C in the next few days. One or two ground frosts possible as well.

Posted

Its certainly been a cold first two thirds to May, we are currently running 2 degrees below the average, however, the very warm spell we are now about to enter is going to prevent another appreciable below average month.

As I said yesterday the CET will likely end up below 11 degrees thanks to a cooler end.

Posted

Could be 9.9C to 10C tomorrow then up 0.4C in one day. Today is supposed to be warmer.

Posted

Could be 9.9C to 10C tomorrow then up 0.4C in one day. Today is supposed to be warmer.

Suspect we will be at 10.8 - 11 degrees by Monday - a massive increase in the space of 5 days. Firmly believe this will be highmark, therafter below average temps, finishing mark close to 10.5 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

9.9c to the 21st, -0.9c

Posted

Should be 10.5 by the end of tomorrow still some warm air over the UK on Monday so outside chance of another rise. The northerly not looking so convincing in the latest runs and will need to wait until Sunday evening to see if the downgrading continues or not.

Posted

10.3 to the 22nd

I expect a peak value of no higher than 11.0, falling back slightly before month end.

My own punt of 10.8 looks a bit high given that I think there will be downward adjustments, but I don't expect to be more than 0.2C out.

Posted

Looks like the CET by tomorrow will be nudging 11 degree but not quite probably 10.8 or 10.9. Thereafter, generally average or even slightly below average CET from tuesday onwards aided by some quite cool nights I suspect.

Still believe the CET will end up closer to the 10.5 degree mark rather than 11 degree mark.

May 2010 will be remembered for being generally quite cold with a notable very warm spell between the 20th and 24th, take out the warm spell and we would have been looking at a notably below average month.

Posted

Cool weather delayed a bit and 30C expected in some areas in the CET zone today. So another rise on the cards today. Should be over 11c by the end of the day. Cooler after that so probably ending up around 10.8 to 10.7 region.

Edited by The PIT