Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Posted

Hope they intensify.

well the tops havent shrunk...so just maybe as they reach more unstable air over us they might come alive...Wishing anyway...

will be a early morning surprise for us up here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

just spotted the first 2 baby MCS , well almost MCS cells over north france

http://www.sat24.com/gb

very white and pronounced

I like the look of that at the moment, looks liek i could be in for one of those but it will probs shift and go east of me

Posted

Nothing to report in Hertford tonight but earlier today around 6.30p.m. we had a almighty powefull wind which lasted 5 seconds, it lifted the sun umbrella into the air and lots of other things in the sheltered garden got blown around, strange because before that it was calm but I could here the thunder in the distance over Harlow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Dead for the West Midlands for the time being....No surface energy, no lift & no steep lapse temp drop off....However that cluster of storms/showers over north west Biscay has caught my eye...At the moment, it looks like it may well run up the western side of England overnight....I'm assuming that the forecasted Meso-system to affect SE parts will be spawned from that weak CF straddling Western France??

Blizzards one sferic so far out of them tops...maybe a good sign for later

Have a look at my quoted post above from a few hours ago....I'm definitely with you on this...I spotted this development earlier when it was still in the SW approaches.....Something to watch! :)

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Regular CC lightning and thunderstorm with heavy, pulsy convective rain here in West Kent.

Posted

well the tops havent shrunk...so just maybe as they reach more unstable air over us they might come alive...Wishing anyway...

will be a early morning surprise for us up here...

Would be nice, not gunna lose hope yet, il give it to 1am if its not looking good then i might call it a night.

Posted

i cant see anything either and im in chatham x x

didn't u see that amaing lightening! sky just lit up again

Posted

First time I've posted since the February snow.

Pleased to be back following the prospects of thunderstorms.

Certainly has that feel about it tonight. When it comes to thuderstorms though...the imports i experienced while living in Suffolk in the 80's/90's were the best. I've yet to witness anything close in the West Midlands so far. Can't complain about the chances of a storm on a Saturday night when you don't have to be up for work in the morning! Nice to see the same Stourbridge locals who helped to track that snow on here as well. If i remember right, you're higher up than me so will see anything before me tonight.

Guest FireStorm

Can now backup and confirm the earlier report of lightning in Chatham. Just leaned out window for a smoke and a flash of lightning occured. no thunder but smells very "musky" out there.

Edit: now thundering too

Edited by FireStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

just saw lightning to my east/southeast finally! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

First time I've posted since the February snow.

Pleased to be back following the prospects of thunderstorms.

Certainly has that feel about it tonight. When it comes to thuderstorms though...the imports i experienced while living in Suffolk in the 80's/90's were the best. I've yet to witness anything close in the West Midlands so far. Can't complain about the chances of a storm on a Saturday night when you don't have to be up for work in the morning! Nice to see the same Stourbridge locals who helped to track that snow on here as well. If i remember right, you're higher up than me so will see anything before me tonight.

Hi Gord welcome back. Anything could happen tonight! Lol.

Posted

Lovely cell stretching currently stretching itself over West Kentish area currently, good electrical activity underneath it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Can now backup and confirm the earlier report of lightning in Chatham. Just leaned out window for a smoke and a flash of lightning occured. no thunder but smells very "musky" out there.

do u think we saw the same one LOL

Posted

last one from me...

AJ seen this happen before many times...

You either get the land kill them or the land ignite them...It certainly is the latter tonight so i give it a 50% chance of something happen later as these cell's enter land around Plymouth...

good luck and enjoy your curry..lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Weak T-storm over here right now, nothing too extreme but its better then nothing, got a nice IC just now. Better stuff to the south over N.Kent, should get a good view of it as the lot of it pulls away to the east.

Posted

We got hit by the cell on the very north-western extent of that band. Frequent thunder and lightning and a rain rate of 117.6mm/hr for a time. Very heavy indeed.

Its quite calm now for the time being but theres another cell heading this way.

Posted

wow! flash and bang!

Posted

i love how tonight is going! just seen one cg very distant over the field and now on radar a nice cell is brewing and heading for my location! DN5 on radar :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Looks like theres a small cell heading for me - WV16

Might not be wasted yet, though I doubt it will be electrical by the time it gets here.

K

Posted

Regular flashes of lightning here in East Hull.

Can clearly see the cell and outline (base) of the clouds, they look really heavy.

Started off CC and IC, not theres a lot of CC and +CG flying about. Nothing directly over me, i would say 3-5 mile from me at most, it makes nice viewing :)