Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

July CET

Posted

Seems about the right time to start this thread.

Place your CET projections..

I'll probably wait until end of the week to see how the imminent very warm/locally hot spot looks like panning out..

Does anyone have the average 1961-90 and 1971-00 values?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

1961-90 - 16.1C

1971-00 - 16.5C

Last 10 years - 16.6C

Record High 19.7C in 2006, record low 13.4C in 1816.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

18C for me please.

Posted

17.1C for me please.

Edited by Koppite

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

As the nights get longer the heat gets stronger 20C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Unlike last year, this July will see a continuation of the very warm weather, with brief cooler, unsettled spells.

17.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

16.4C for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

16.3c please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Have to keep with the Barbeque theme

17.5c

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Well, the last time we had a warm June was 2006 and i managed to call the record hot month that followed..

However i expect the pattern to collapse and winds mainly from the north and east so fairly dry again, but slightly below average..

16.3C is my preliminary prediction, 0.2C below average.

Posted

16.3C: Steve B

16.3C: Richard R

16.3C: Summer Blizzard

16.4C: Na Damanta Sam

17.0C: Fozi 999

17.1C: Koppite

17.1C: Mr Data

17.3C: Snowman 0697

17.3C: David Snow

17.4C: Optimus Prime

17.5C: Milhouse

17.5C: Stewfox

17.6C: Sufc

17.7C: Gavin P

18.0C: Polar Gael

18.4C: Roger J Smith

20.0C: Craig Evans

Posted

Well, the last time we had a warm June was 2006 and i managed to call the record hot month that followed..

However i expect the pattern to collapse and winds mainly from the north and east so fairly dry again, but slightly below average..

16.3C is my preliminary prediction, 0.2C below average.

That sounds somewhat like how 2005 panned out after the hot spells June, July never took off. And nor did August.

Edited by Gavin P

Posted

16.0ºC :good:

Posted

That sounds somewhat like how 2005 panned out after the hot spells June, July never took off. And nor did August.

Similar, though the first half of July 2005 was actually well above average (in fact, the 15th June, 15th July figure would have probably been close to 18C), it was like a switch was flicked midway through July and summer just collapsed, a classic summer of two halfs.

Summer 2005 was actually one of my four anologues i used to construct my summer forecast, and looking at the model outputs i would not be suprised to see a similar occurance happen because rather than the firm high pressure zones we were seeing in April, what we are seeing now is the UK in a COL and models consistently forecasting cold zonality in FI.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn3841.png

Now that would be a cold summers day!

Edited by summer blizzard

Posted

Similar, though the first half of July 2005 was actually well above average (in fact, the 15th June, 15th July figure would have probably been close to 18C), it was like a switch was flicked midway through July and summer just collapsed, a classic summer of two halfs.

I wouldn't exactly call summer 2005 a summer of two halves. August 2005 was quite a pleasant month for many areas, quite sunny and often dry, and day maxima were often in the low 20s, there were many pleasantly warm days that month without it being too hot except in the closing days. The second half of July 2005 did have some unsettled spells in the final week and was overall much cooler than the first half, although never especially cool, and the CET still ended above average overall.

I actually quite liked the summer of 2005, it was often dry and pleasantly warm, with some interest in hot spells from mid-June to mid-July and it felt a much nicer pleasanter summer than the excessive heat of 2003 and 2006.

Edited by North-Easterly Blast

Posted

While August 2005 was quite dry, the CET finished bang on average and was quite a northerly month, the second half of July 2005 averaged about 1C below average and there were some notably low maxima over England on the 23rd.