Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

OK, another thread to discuss the convective storms currently around us. Please keep your storm reports to the storm report section and comments about anything other than convective storms, to the appropriate thread!!! Ta :wallbash:

Posted

cant miss.....two large Anvils approaching from the South of Glos...

not as big as the ones up North though or Wales

make that 4 anvils from south to north west

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Getting darker to my SW, but i think the action will be too my west around the donny area.

Posted

Storm currently over Darlington since about 4-45, :wallbash: very slow moving, sheet lightning, no CG seen (yet) Its heading NW by the look of it :rolleyes:

MH about to get soaked walking the dog:ph34r:

Posted

Hey Pat, does that mean we could see something around here, looks like lots of showers approaching from the south west, just a little thunder and heavy rain would be nice is that to much to ask :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Storm currently over Darlington since about 4-45, :wallbash: very slow moving, sheet lightning, no CG seen (yet) Its heading NW by the look of it :rolleyes:

MH about to get soaked walking the dog:ph34r:

Nice to know those showers are electrified, they should pass by to my west so I might see something in the distance.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Alot of healthy and vigorous Tcu with dark bases going up all around here in the last hour. Some storms over Channel headed for Eastbourne-Hastings area so may had out and southwards in a little while to get some pics.

Lots of storms all over the place this evening now, and they seem to be organising into bands, especially across northern and eastern England along the cold front lifting N and E.

Posted

Hey Pat, does that mean we could see something around here, looks like lots of showers approaching from the south west, just a little thunder and heavy rain would be nice is that to much to ask :wallbash:

sfreics are coming out of those so may be the games not quite up yet

Posted

look out your window....Can you see the large dark cloud and whisppy top...That might be a thunder head....just got the camera ready just in case

Posted

Bright flash NNW of here to the East of Barnsley....loud rumble .

Posted

just been looking outside going BLACK !! keep my ears open now for that lovely noise called thunder :wallbash:

wow...lol...its realy dark..

its not a high charged storm yet....not much thunder

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Birmingham seems to be an Island in a sea of storms this afternoon, rather frustrating, and it doesnt look especially good on radar atm, however plenty of heavy showers & thunderstorms have fired up over west staffs & shropshire from a line Telford to Liverpool...So anyone in those areas who have yet to see any action, fear not, its coming! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Cracking litte storm passed by a mile or two east of here just now, plently of lighning and loudish thunder. Also then another close flash and crack a mile to the NW. Rain not as heavy as in the thunderless showers before though.

Two brief power outages..does n't take much here!

Edited by Tonyh

Mammatus on the back edge of the storm here as it clears northwards. Still a few distant rumbles coming from it, and still raining. Pretty sharp clearance behind, blue skies will be here shortly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

BTW you may get another chase later on... that storm over france could make a good chase...

Guest FireStorm

Went pretty dark 20mins ago over Medway, A passing shower with a few big drops mixed in so i suppose a thundery shower would be the closest description...

Loving all the red x's on the netweather radar across much of england.. Cherbourg looks promising too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Seems like the clusters of thunderstorms that formed over Southern Wales are gathering together into just one large band now. Fun and games are over but i'm very pleased in the outcome.

Posted

looking outside the sun is out, and either side of me has dark clouds. The clouds that look like they're heading towards me are white fluffies! Argh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Looking quite thundery to my southwest now.