Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

Don't do it SR!!! he'll whisk you off on a wild 'stormchase' before your feet hit the ground!! :lol:

So conclusion so far today - plenty of rain but few thunders storms? :lol:

agreed most showers build then dissapear, shame really, hopefull this afternoon will be better.

Posted

the lightning radar i yas thinking of was the netweather one. Could i get a link to that one please

www.netweather.tv/lightning

I really would recommend the Extra lightning radar and detector though!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Cheers, I just aught the edge of it, it was not quite proper hail here but could tell that it was right on the edge of being hail, probably a teensy bit further east and north of my location at the time.

Steve there is some heavy showers around our areas at the moment. They are extremely slow moving aswell, if someone catches a storm today then it won't go anywhere quick!

www.netweather.tv/lightning

I really would recommend the Extra lightning radar and detector though!!!

How much did you get paid for that? :lol:

In all seriousness though... Paul deserves as much business as he can get, he is the mastermind behind why all of us are on here :lol:

Quite a messy looking radar at the moment over central and northern Midlands - small showers pretty much in every direction, some of which to the N and NE have some lightning associated with them. More time and more instability generated through the afternoon should see showers becoming larger and more intense, and full-blown thunderstorms to break out

Hopefully. I'm looking at a group of showers to the eas-southeast of my location (S18) that are intensifying but moving sooooooo slowly! They are on track for here though. Hopefully by the time they get here they'll be thunderstorms.

Either way the radar is pretty fascinating to look at! The weird thing is, it's dry here! :lol:

Edited by Steve Vincent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

There's a nice little cell developing to my NW. The sun has finally come out YAY!! and I can tell that this cell is producing rain already. Its just hanging there, so thats cool. let it develop a bit more and feel that sunshine.

Thunderstorms are like flowers and need the sun to blossom! :lol:

Posted

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

Well i only joined it on Tuesday but Cg Witnessed and Huge crack of Thunder in Central London.

Better go over and revoke my membership

Paul S

Posted

Got woke up by a huge crack of thunder at 8am. Got up - flew open the window to absolute torrential rain. Waited 5 mins but no more. So climbed back in bed. Is that my storm for 2010?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Hopefully. I'm looking at a group of showers to the eas-southeast of my location (S18) that are intensifying but moving sooooooo slowly! They are on track for here though. Hopefully by the time they get here they'll be thunderstorms.

Either way the radar is pretty fascinating to look at! The weird thing is, it's dry here! :lol:

Im watching those cells too!! They are to my NE... I hope they intensify too!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ah, the ever reliable Crimsoney :lol:

Looks good on the radar for Nottingham to see some fireworks later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

Well i only joined it on Tuesday but Cg Witnessed and Huge crack of Thunder in Central London.

Better go over and revoke my membership

Paul S

YOU WHAT??? Didn't hear that here, all windows open....what's going on 'ere!! Is this Philip Pullman's dark trilogy and I've mistakenly wandered throughout into a parallel universe???

Posted

How much did you get paid for that? :lol:

8 hours a day , 5 days a week, for the love of it?????? :lol:

New thread opening here shortly folks!!! forum.netweather.tv/general-storm-discussion

Most of them have little white cores to them already. Hopefully just a short wait until they develop some electrification :lol: