Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

General Storm Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Looks like things are picking up in the SW now...

Maybe we could be in for some night time storms?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Put s89en in netweather extra radar and look what the Sheffield shield did to it. I see the shield has come back off holiday fully reinvigorated. It has let the odd spot of rain through though.

I see what you mean! I'm beginning to think that there must be a very few favoured localities which get all the torrential downpours/thunderstorms etc whereas the rest of us sit here watching the radar and cursing the fact that,

'it's missed us by half a mile/two miles/three miles etc'

Having said that I can remember Sheffield getting a right pasting during the summer of 2007 and I was sitting here just south of the southern edge of it, weeping.

I remember that clearly. I also remember being stood in the garden watching all the rain and storms go round us. Hence Weston park 280mm for the month us 228 mm

No chance of anything for us today bar the odd spot of rain. Pity as it's getting humid.

Posted

Looks live a VERY heavy cell is about to reach glos..

Fingers crossed, Sky is getting darker..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Been out walking the dogs this afternoon and have noticed it has begun in the last hour or so to look increasingly threatening with the sky looking quite dark and stormy like right now. Nothing yet however but I am crossing my fingers for prehaps a passing storm from the Midlands later??

We wont catch anything from the Midlands as the predominant flow is becoming more west to east. Chance of some light rain starting within the next 15 mins or so but nothing of note storm wise i'm afraid.

EDIT. Light rain now falling

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

We wont catch anything from the Midlands as the predominant flow is becoming more west to east. Chance of some light rain starting within the next 15 mins or so but nothing of note storm wise i'm afraid.

EDIT. Light rain now falling

I guess sadly we will miss out on the storms but maybe a chance of some outbreaks of rain soon as it looks very dark and threatening out there.

17:48- Light-moderate rain now beginning to fall here.

Edited by SNOW GO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

there was a sharp heavy shower in Sheringham about 3 hours ago, and since then nothing. Looks ominous to the northwest but I expect that to pass North of me. The only chance I thin kwe have is late evening, the LI will still be there, even if the cape has gone.

Oh good! someone else around that is kind of near me. Currently I'm south of Norwich near Wymondham and the clouds have the same depth and height they've had all afternoon. Perhaps the front is further south than first thought maybe that will be the trigger for later and it definitely feels more humid now than earlier. I still cant rely on surface heating much. Has there been alot of cloud prior to anything happening where you are?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Hello Hello! First overhead thunderstorm of the year here with torrential rain, and frequent thunder and lightning. Brightening already to the southwest but nonetheless exciting.

Posted

I guess sadly we will miss out on the storms but maybe a chance some outbreaks of rain soon as it looks very dark and threatening out there.

Just too far south yesterday and too far north today. The frontal wave passed south overnight, with the renewed energy hitting too far south today for us to benefit; wrong place, wrong time.

Nice line of convective precipitation stretching from the Bristol Channel to the Wash right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Was just wondering if anyone has an idea of the northern limit of any storms later. Does Derby have a chance? It certainly feels humid and stormy out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

13.4mm in 15mins and thunder lightning

Posted

Was just wondering if anyone has an idea of the northern limit of any storms later. Does Derby have a chance? It certainly feels humid and stormy out there.

Derby looking a bit too far north at the minute. There seems to be a line of convective activity to the south, anything north of this is just moderate rain at best judging by the radar

13.4mm in 15mins and thunder lightning

Looking very interesting down your way Steve, that's a huge amount of water to fall in that short amount of time!

Posted

hopefully that storm down by bristol and western are coming our way ?

Its heading in this direction, However as ive mentioned in these situations they always tend to slide on the east side of glos and chelt..

Never know tho...

Looking at the loop, The heavy stuff will go east of us.

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Aha I've just gone back to the skew T charts for Norwich it has updated to the 12Z run time. Which now indicates potential for thunderstorms till at least 3am. So now the cold front coming down from the North (correction north west) might actually be the trigger that potential. Increased humidity hmm sounds interesting. Again as long as the potential is still there at around midnight.

Posted

might be our time now ;) makes you go mad this watching and waiting, of to menorca in sept hopefully see some storms there :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A potent cell that was. All gone now except a few distant rumbles to the north. 12.5mm fell in that little storm.

Posted

Yep as expected, The damns torm took a turn east as it heads to glos.. Something must always push stuff east when it comes from the SW, S

Posted

I must admit though.. Its certainly raining here and the sky / wind makes it look and feel like there should be some thunder

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Just don't give up hope yet twister and Lynux. ;) There's quite a bit moving up! We will get our storm, we will get our storm lol :clap: