Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow And Ice In The Northern Hemisphere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Some new snowfall at Rovaniemi, Finland overnight. http://www.rovaniemi...ukio.asp?sek=10

Thanks for that, looks beautiful there right now. Noticeable new patch in Lapland today aswell.

For those of you who know about the ICEHOTEL, or would like to: http://www.icehotel.com/uk/ICEHOTEL/Webcam/

Started work over there now! Snow blowers yesterday, and now building has commenced...

Posted

Ice pac is recovering greatly also despite the low point reached this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

and here is another one which is live, it was snowing lightly earlier. I hope works

http://www.santaclau...kieli=eng&pid=3

Chris

I remember when I was a kid going into Santas office in Lapland. Looks exactly the same as it did 16 years ago.

Posted

23rdoct2010.gif

Big gains again today, just a little loss in canada.

The really good bit about this is the strong build up of cold evident in siberia despite a mild ish period a week or so ago, the more snow the colder it will get and the better chance the uk winter will bite into that cold surface temperature.

Posted
Posted

Not sure why link did not display properly for one click access. Must have clicked on the wrong button or something.

H

Missing a closing bracket (one of these ']') at after "url".

Posted

Is that a white dot over scotland i see?

It is, can see a little of the peaks up towards Crieff etc, was a lot more Saturday morning, but is now receding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

It is, can see a little of the peaks up towards Crieff etc, was a lot more Saturday morning, but is now receding.

Good good :)

Posted

cursnow_asiaeurope.gif?session-id=09b173877a472c3b7dda8be159d38c49

Much bigger gains yesterday across Norway, The alps, Canada, Western Russia,Finland and Iceland. Ans Scottish snow is still there, I supsect this will remain white for the winter now. Also look how the ice has recovered considering how it got even if its still slightly below average, it's looking very good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Very nice to see the first SOUTHERN Sweden falls, can imagine that is quite rare for this time of the year. Good gains everywhere else and impressed with ice build-up so far.

Posted

I was up in Crieff over the weekend and confirm that there were some pretty good falls on the hills around the town. I would say down to about 400ft asl on Saturday morning. Not accurate though, just going roughly by the contour lines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Having my first proper snowfall of the season today..currently snowing with 2-3 inch covering temp -2c

Posted

Very good to see the east and western siberian snows finally linking up, also the scandi snows.

26thoct2010.gif

Posted

Found an article by C E P Brooks written in early 1924. In it comments that the Arctic Ocean was remarkably free from ice during summer and autumn 1923 pointing to unusually high sea temps. The Barents Sea ice-covered area was the least recorded since records began in 1895. The Kara sea ice-covered area was much less than normal and was practically free from ice during September and October. The White Sea was still open at the end of November.

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

Found an article by C E P Brooks written in early 1924. In it comments that the Arctic Ocean was remarkably free from ice during summer and autumn 1923 pointing to unusually high sea temps. The Barents Sea ice-covered area was the least recorded since records began in 1895. The Kara sea ice-covered area was much less than normal and was practically free from ice during September and October. The White Sea was still open at the end of November.

You'll start a fight with that kind of "incendiary" post on the Global Warming/Climate Change (or whatever we're calling it this week...) thread !!