IGNORED

2011 Stormchase Chat & Banter

Paul Sherman

Posted

where my video.. :w00t:

completed 420OZ my record :ph34r:

any takers for this year?

good vidoes..good days..not all about storm chasing :smiliz19:

its also about Pizza and buffalo wings and large steaks with couplets topped with vils

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Could not find your Video Pat :cc_confused:

Anyhow when we land and leave the metroplex just sing this song

Posted

Could not find your Video Pat :cc_confused:

Anyhow when we land and leave the metroplex just sing this song

my band are considering us learning this.. :clap:

Yea the company also makes the trip for me anyway..great group of people

wouldnt of done this many tours if not.. :w00t:

would of had pizza all by myself

nothing worse being with miserable people...

na this is a great crowd...watch out USA!!!

england is a comming :smiliz19:

move over Reed :aggressive:

fair play Paul as taught me so much..its coming out of my ears

I mean realy I should maybe breaking away now to do it by myself..But the team are too good to say good by :smiliz19: ...lol....Like a addicted magnet the company

packing my camera gear at the end of January :rofl:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

loving the banter already.

Can anyone recommend a good cheapish hotel to stay in that's close to Heathrow, will be staying on the way to the USA and back.

thanks in advance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Just in Case any of you fancy having a go this year we will undoubbtedly Stop at the Infamous Big Texan Steak Ranch. Just 3 of the Guests over the last 3 Years have attempted this challenge with 2 Failures and 1 Success. Only 1 in 10 people statistically complete this challenge and if you fail you pay $72 for the Meal.

The rules are simple - Eat a Shrimp Cocktail, Bread Roll, Jacket Potato and 72oz Sirlion Steak (Cooked to your Choice) In 59mins 59seconds or Under to complete the task, you have to sign a death waiver and if you throw up during the challenge you are disqualified. Oh I forgot to tell you that you are on a Big Stage in front of the whole 2 Tier Restaurant in front of 100 Tables and the place is always rocking with Storm Chasers

- Big Stu attempts 1st in 2008 and manages 54oz

- Ian Completes 72oz Challnge in 58m 11Sec in 2009

Pat Carter then attempted it also in 2009 and managed to eat 42oz so Ians Crown is still safe. Now Interestingly Stewart (Audmun) is down to attempt the challenge on Tour 1 in 2011 and if he beats Ian Cameron's Time Ian has said he will try to regain the Crown on Tour 2. Also added into the Mix will be Stu London's 2nd attempt on Tour 3 to try and Get the title for himself.

It's going to be interesting this year.

ANY OTHER TAKERS :whistling::rofl:

I would but I'm only small :(

I'll do a Jo size one....... 12oz?

Oh and cookie, the Sheraton is alright, if not there's a holiday Inn. I think on the BA website it lists all the hotels nearby then you could run a price comparison on one of the travel websites???

J x

Edited by TornadoJo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Just in Case any of you fancy having a go this year we will undoubbtedly Stop at the Infamous Big Texan Steak Ranch. Just 3 of the Guests over the last 3 Years have attempted this challenge with 2 Failures and 1 Success. Only 1 in 10 people statistically complete this challenge and if you fail you pay $72 for the Meal.

The rules are simple - Eat a Shrimp Cocktail, Bread Roll, Jacket Potato and 72oz Sirlion Steak (Cooked to your Choice) In 59mins 59seconds or Under to complete the task, you have to sign a death waiver and if you throw up during the challenge you are disqualified. Oh I forgot to tell you that you are on a Big Stage in front of the whole 2 Tier Restaurant in front of 100 Tables and the place is always rocking with Storm Chasers

Pat Carter then attempted it also in 2009 and managed to eat 42oz so Ians Crown is still safe. Now Interestingly Stewart (Audmun) is down to attempt the challenge on Tour 1 in 2011 and if he beats Ian Cameron's Time Ian has said he will try to regain the Crown on Tour 2. Also added into the Mix will be Stu London's 2nd attempt on Tour 3 to try and Get the title for himself.

Lol i think i'll just stick to the Buffalo Wings and Ranch sauce lol.

Posted

I would but I'm only small :(

I'll do a Jo size one....... 12oz?

Oh and cookie, the Sheraton is alright, if not there's a holiday Inn. I think on the BA website it lists all the hotels nearby then you could run a price comparison on one of the travel websites???

J x

thanks will have a look :)

btw anyone who's stormchasing this year let me know if your on facebook, I want as many storm chasing people on my facebook as I can, makes me look bit less nuts, got a few already :D

Posted

Lol i think i'll just stick to the Buffalo Wings and Ranch sauce lol.

Posted

Lol

Hi Ash you have changed your Username - Better change it from DevonNelly as Supercell89 is much better - I am hoping that is you Lol

Posted

Lol

Hi Ash you have changed your Username - Better change it from DevonNelly as Supercell89 is much better - I am hoping that is you Lol

It is indeed lol. Something funny happened with my account in the summer so i changed the name. Glad you approve, its the same as my xbox live name tag laugh.gif

Im going to be dreaming about storms tonight, its all i've thought about all day its driving me mad lol i just want to get out there again! Clare said her and Rich are thinking about going on tour 2 this time round.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

loving the banter already.

Can anyone recommend a good cheapish hotel to stay in that's close to Heathrow, will be staying on the way to the USA and back.

thanks in advance.

Hi Richard , try the Continental in Hounslow...slightly dodgy area but it was £45 a night and right on the Piccadilly line so will take you direct to Heathrow. I'll send the link to you on FB

getting back to meeting up in cardiff in march have noticed the price of rooms have cret up fromm £55 to $75 still just above £35 if you share I shall be popping down there at the end of the month to check out the hotel and testing the local beer to make sure it meets netweather standards it will be a thorough testing.

The people coming are

Ian Cameron

Paul Sherman

Tom Lynch

Janete Lynch

John Hanrahan

Arron Hiscox

Dave Vicary

Danny Watson

Stu_london

icbinb

Tammy

If I have left anyone out let me know if anyone else wants to come along feel free its a great way to meet the team before flying out to the states or just a good excuse to have a few beers and chat well look forward to it shall update soon

Ian

Hi Ian , add me as a provisional for Cardiff. I just need to sort a room out .

Posted

Cookie there is a site that gives the rooms in the shereton for £50 a night and then its just a hoppa bus to the terminal its the one we use every year

Edited by ian cameron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Lol that makes at least 7 of us on that flight - We wont be hard to find Will. Tom looks like Bruce Forsyth, Jo is typically Essex, Spray Tan, Extensions, White Red Stilettos and Me and Ian are about 30 Stone Each :rofl::rofl:

Remember you need to pay for the room on the Thursday Night though, it is usually about $60 at that Hotel for a Single

Paul S

Just checking this is the correct hotel in Dallas -

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=44524&srcPage=SelectHotel&isMapOpen=true&selectedHotels=

People who need to apply for ESTA's will need this for their application. It costs $14. Those who've been before your ESTA lasts 2 years so you're sorted :)

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

Going to book my room for the 28th.

Claire - if you're flying out on the 28th also you wanna share a room that night to and go exploring Dallas with me the next day?

J x

Posted

thats not true..

I have a video of a camera man being sucked out of his car...Video from the 90's from discovery..Tornado programme

Just checking this is the correct hotel in Dallas -

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=44524&srcPage=SelectHotel&isMapOpen=true&selectedHotels=

People who need to apply for ESTA's will need this for their application. It costs $14. Those who've been before your ESTA lasts 2 years so you're sorted :)

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

Going to book my room for the 28th.

Claire - if you're flying out on the 28th also you wanna share a room that night to and go exploring Dallas with me the next day?

J x

Jo I cant remember...do you have to give your ESTA code over to the airport or is it already sorted for you if you have previously done it?

Edited by dogs32

Posted

As promised. Grabed this off me Sky plus box. Steward Robinson talking about storm chasing on de telly in Ireland.

I think Stu did well in the interview, given those present it could have been a riot.

He's clearly not booked on to tour 1, and the departing BA flight that seems to be a mass take over by all accounts!

Posted

Yeh I agree He came across and put his point about the Subject across very well considering he could have had the Piss Ripped out of him at any moment from the looks of the Panel :whistling:

Thanks for posting Hanra

Paul S

Posted

Yeh I agree He came across and put his point about the Subject across very well considering he could have had the left trouser leg Ripped out of him at any moment from the looks of the Panel :whistling:

Thanks for posting Hanra

Paul S

Was watching that myself , does Stu go on tours wit u's or on his own??

Oh ye, whats this people about ESTA Application?, i persume ill need to do one considering ive never been to america b4 ha

Posted

Was watching that myself , does Stu go on tours wit u's or on his own??

Oh ye, whats this people about ESTA Application?, i persume ill need to do one considering ive never been to america b4 ha

Yip you'll need one. Its the online version of the Visa waiver form you used to have to fill in on the plane or on arrival. Its good for 2 years. It used to be free but there is a small charge now. No rush in getting it but make sure you do it a week or two before you fly.

I think they might still make you fill out the Visa waiver form also but that on the way out. Either way, its essential you get it done.

Stu doesn't go with us but we bump into him a good bit. He's normally with Roger Hill and Silver Lining tours. He sometimes drives for them.

Edited by John Hanrahan

Posted

Hi all slight change of plan the hotel we are staying in the night before the flights out to the usa will be the travellodge terminal 5 they are doing rooms for £35 per room and me and mr Sherman are booked in its easy enough just search travel lodges site for heathrow terminal 5 its not quite as up market as the sheraton but there prices have gone through the roof me thinks a certen wedding has bumped up the prices

Posted

Cookie there is a site that gives the rooms in the shereton for £50 a night and then its just a hoppa bus to the terminal its the one we use every year

thanks. I've had a look at the site.

Hi all slight change of plan the hotel we are staying in the night before the flights out to the usa will be the travellodge terminal 5 they are doing rooms for £35 per room and me and mr Sherman are booked in its easy enough just search travel lodges site for heathrow terminal 5 its not quite as up market as the sheraton but there prices have gone through the roof me thinks a certen wedding has bumped up the prices

I will bear that in mind when im booking but thankfully im going after they have got married