Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2011 Stormchase Chat & Banter

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Thats some picture... how did they not see it coming??... it must of been rain wrapped was it?

ON another note, lads, say if u's end up goin through a severe hail shower , golf -baseball size , and the cars get ...."a makeover", do u's hav to pay extra then for them being damaged or what?. Or do yas try get into a decent shelter first b4 witnessing any crazy size hail?

Sorry for all the questions ha

They may well have seen it coming but the cell, if memory serves me well was travelling at speeds in excess of 70 mph. By the time they saw it coming it had gone through. However truck drivers just carry on as if nothing was happening they appear to be oblivious to what is going on around them, the show must go on. At times the tornadoes produced on this day were indeed rain wrapped. There was a lot going on in and around the storms it was not always easy to see the tornado. We try to avoid massive hail if we can but when you are in the thick of the action you do run the risk of getting caught by large hail. It is a chance you have to take especially if it makes the difference between catching a tornado or not. I have to say looking for a hail shelter is an automatic instinct. As for paying extra , I hope the level of insurance is sufficient to cover hail damage.

Tom

Posted

:cc_confused:

The latest Storm Chasers episode is the best to date I reckon..

best entertainment all xmas tonight :smiliz34:

which one is it Pat?

Posted

:cc_confused:

Just slightly off topic, Im looking forward to plenty of football related banter on the chase, I just hope u don't leave me in the middle of a field though for my choice in team :help:

Posted

Just slightly off topic, Im looking forward to plenty of football related banter on the chase, I just hope u don't leave me in the middle of a field though for my choice in team :help:

You will be okay as long as you dont follow a team that plays in Orange and has a Manager that sounds funny when he says "Grreeeeeen Army"

:smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Hey Jo

Are you bringing your red shoes again

Tom

Where I go my shoes go :rolleyes:

Can you Imagine what could happen if i went without them?

We might find ourselves in Oz with No way to get home again!!!

Posted

im fed up with AA :wallbash:

SAME THING HAPPENED LAST YEAR....

PRICE 435...

BUT CANT BOOK ON LINE,SO HAVE TO RING THEM WHICH WILL COST EXTRA 15

currently chatting to a advisor on line for best deals

edit...booking through a operator

what a carry on..

anway I THINK its booked...will know in 24hrs :smiliz21:

edit...sorted..

Im officially going...ETICKET arrived in email :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

£435.00 AA..didnt charge me extra :clap:

now to buy some hairy sweeties for the trip

Paul i do think you got to close for comfort on this one to take our pics :lol:

is there any chance we could see inside the funnel next time?

post-3696-0-45661700-1294145269_thumb.jp

Edited by dogs32

Posted · Hidden by user700, April 27, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by user700, April 27, 2011 - No reason given

Well done Dogs :good:

This is normally the best time to book flights I paid £400 last year from Manchester with AA.

Now its time to start looking at exchange rates

Posted

Well done Dogs :good:

This is normally the best time to book flights I paid £400 last year from Manchester with AA.

Now its time to start looking at exchange rates

thats a good price you paid..

If your not careful this year your pay up to 500 :smiliz23:

Also beware OF FLIGHT operators advertising cheap flights....

When it comes to paying they slap on lots of extra charges

last year was a good year

post-3696-0-77066800-1294146351_thumb.pn

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Really want to book this now ! What do you guys think of it?

1 Ticket /

Multiple Destinations

DUB Dublin to

DFW Dallas

DFW Dallas to

EWR Newark

EWR Newark to

DUB Dublin

spaceit.gif

Flight 1: Fri 20-May Flight 2: Wed 1-Jun Flight 3: Tue 7-Jun

spaceit.gif

1 adult €640.00 Taxes & Fees €202.50

spaceit.gif

Total €842.50:)

Posted

Spoke to John Hanranhan yesterday and he booked his flight for EUR 600 from LHR-DFW (He is the Guy from Midleton near Cork) You could find out how much his Cork to LHR Flight is and if it works out cheaper than EUR 240 Maybe that might be a better option, obviously DUB-LHR Could be quite cheap with Air Lingus for example.

Edit looking at the Longer time you are there the flight you have highlighted looks pretty good to me anyway so probably best to go with it.

I take it you are getting there a day early to acclimatise :smiliz19: Like most people this year.

Paul S

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Tom Lynch, January 5, 2011 - tom to correct
Hidden by Tom Lynch, January 5, 2011 - tom to correct

The main and most important thing to know is that we take things very seriously with no messing about,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUrfEUUGyNM

Edited by Tom Lynch
Posted

Uncle Tom

It wont let me Open the Vid saying it is a Private Youtube Thingy and I need Permission to view it :cray: :lol:

It says Please Make sure you accept the Senders Friend Request ???

Posted

Where I go my shoes go :rolleyes:

Can you Imagine what could happen if i went without them?

We might find ourselves in Oz with No way to get home again!!!

Will have to use them again this year in some highlights. I think we are or most of us are on the same flight BA on 28th April either 193 or 192.

Tom

Uncle Tom

It wont let me Open the Vid saying it is a Private Youtube Thingy and I need Permission to view it :cray: :lol:

It says Please Make sure you accept the Senders Friend Request ???

try that Paul

LOL- It now says "This Video is a Duplicate of an Uploaded Video"

Think I will give up and try again tomorrow Lol

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Tom Lynch, January 5, 2011 - tom to correct
Hidden by Tom Lynch, January 5, 2011 - tom to correct

Will have to use them again this year in some highlights. I think we are or most of us are on the same flight BA on 28th April either 193 or 192.

Tom

try that Paul

Tom

I think that too

Edited by Tom Lynch
Posted

Spoke to John Hanranhan yesterday and he booked his flight for EUR 600 from LHR-DFW (He is the Guy from Midleton near Cork) You could find out how much his Cork to LHR Flight is and if it works out cheaper than EUR 240 Maybe that might be a better option, obviously DUB-LHR Could be quite cheap with Air Lingus for example.

Edit looking at the Longer time you are there the flight you have highlighted looks pretty good to me anyway so probably best to go with it.

I take it you are getting there a day early to acclimatise :smiliz19: Like most people this year.

Paul S

Ye paul im gonna try see how it works from LHR DIrect to Dallas aswell, just seen that one.. Im gettin these from expedia.com by the way, brilliant site , shows all options for your flight destinations that u want.

But ye, if i dont find anything more appealing i wont hesitate goin for the one i noted already.

ANd yes, goin a day early just to have rest and be ready for it all, as i dunno if ill be able to sleep on the plane for long.

And plus the arrival time for the 21st was like 10pm is quite late so ye. All the better goin a day early, knocks a day off my countdown! :clap:

Posted · Hidden by user700, April 27, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by user700, April 27, 2011 - No reason given

Ye paul im gonna try see how it works from LHR DIrect to Dallas aswell, just seen that one.. Im gettin these from expedia.com by the way, brilliant site , shows all options for your flight destinations that u want.

But ye, if i dont find anything more appealing i wont hesitate goin for the one i noted already.

ANd yes, goin a day early just to have rest and be ready for it all, as i dunno if ill be able to sleep on the plane for long.

And plus the arrival time for the 21st was like 10pm is quite late so ye. All the better goin a day early, knocks a day off my countdown! :clap:

Hi, going a day early is a good idea also the direct flight. BA website has good prices atm.

Danny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Tom

try that Paul

Cool - Storm Chaser party at Terminal 5 weatherspoons then?

We will have to think of some more fun videos to make. Will see if I have any other useful 'props' I can bring along.

Sadly Toto won't get through customs..... :lol:

(wow I'm full of bad jokes this week!!)

Posted

Well by this time tomorrow Ian Cameron, Ian Michaelwaite and Good Old Me will be booked on the BA Flight departing April 28th from LHR And I guess we will have to put up with Jo & Tom on that flight as well, it's going to be some Party at the Hotel at Heathrow and Checking in on the Morning of the 28th :whistling::drunk::clap:

Paul S