Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Winter/Spring Weather Discussion Part 6

Cookie

Posted

66m and above. I believe you're at around 65m, so sorry, but rain for you.

I'm actually not i'm higher by about 20m because i am a few fields west of macosquin about 5. 6c now expecting it to maybe be frosty in the morning depending on how quick the cloud clears looking forward to a day of showers and sunshine with temps about 4c tomorrow perheps some snow in the really heavy showers we'll see, is there going to be alot of downdraft tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

66m and above. I believe you're at around 65m, so sorry, but rain for you.

Haha, classic.

I would +1 this, but the rep system has been removed.

Posted

I'm actually not i'm higher by about 20m because i am a few fields west of macosquin about 5. 6c now expecting it to maybe be frosty in the morning depending on how quick the cloud clears looking forward to a day of showers and sunshine with temps about 4c tomorrow perheps some snow in the really heavy showers we'll see, is there going to be alot of downdraft tomorrow?

I actually hate coming on here now because of stupid childish crappy comments like this!! The sooner you are banned from here the better!! Can you not just do one and go and play with the cows or something!!!

Posted

I actually hate coming on here now because of stupid childish crappy comments like this!! The sooner you are banned from here the better!! Can you not just do one and go and play with the cows or something!!!

Spot on. A complete clown that winds me up.

And on that note, just reported him. Makes it very hard for me to keep coming back!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Snow risk tommorow? No chance. 500m or above I'd say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
Posted · Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, February 1, 2011 - Astonishing
Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, February 1, 2011 - Astonishing

And on that note, just reported him. Makes it very hard for me to keep coming back!

How about you both just leave the lad alone and let the team deal with it?

They have gave him a second chance. He's still learning, as are we all. Instead of shouting abuse at him, why don't you actually try and help him?

Some of his comments are silly, but if you read back, I always reply to him giving an explanation.

A little politeness goes a long way.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, February 1, 2011 - I do sympathise.
Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, February 1, 2011 - I do sympathise.

How about you both just leave the lad alone and let the team deal with it?

They have gave him a second chance. He's still learning, as are we all. Instead of shouting abuse at him, why don't you actually try and help him?

Some of his comments are silly, but if you read back, I always reply to him giving an explanation.

A little politeness goes a long way.

My tolerance knows no such boundary!

And please don't ask me to be polite???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.
Posted · Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, February 1, 2011 - Your optimism is admirable.
Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, February 1, 2011 - Your optimism is admirable.

He is a little excessive at times, but he has the passion I'm sure we all had as young teens/kids. All he needs is a little time and work to become part of the family. When I was his age all I knew about weather was HP/LP and fronts.

Posted

Can I just say that Im quite sad to see the state this forum has descended into. I joined last year just before the really cold spell and was really interested to see the observations by other forum members. However, now the focus is on point scoring, bickering and winding each other up. The folk who had interesting things to say seem to have gone and I dont blame them one bit. I really think some people need to grow up and learn a few manners, they know who they are and they are spoiling this forum for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just a quick note....If any member finds a post offensive, they should hit the 'report' button, and/or contact a member of the NW team.....Alternatively, there is the facility to 'ignore' individual members by blocking the viewing of their posts and/or PM's, which can be accessed by clicking on your profile, and then clicking 'Manage Blocked Users'........To be frank, a member cannot be banned from posting just because another member either does not like him/her or his/hers style of posting, therefore I would suggest one of the above methods to ensure a pleasant & informative experience on the forum.....thanks.....:)

Posted

Ignored. Wasn't aware of that facility ajpoolshark, thank you.

As for today's weather? Wind gusted to 68mph according to my weather station, bloody stormy out now, driving rain... I really do like extremes in the weather. Just glad we live in a temperate climate and not Australia. Those poor people! That extreme is too extreme. I guess I was hooked back in the early 80's when we had bitter deep freezes in winter, hurricane Charlie in the summer and they have just stuck in my mind through to adulthood (and beyond!)

And there is some hope looming for a cold return in the final third of February... Now that would cap off an epic winter for me. The deep freeze of November and December with large snowfalls, the frozen (generally speaking) yet bright and crisp January, and now an early stormy start to February... Epic.

Posted

Dear God what happened to this place!!

We used to be chilled out in here, you know it is only weather.

By the way has anyone else got the recent stomach bug I wouldn't recommend it but definitely helps with the New Year weight loss resolution, day four and the brown gravy keeps a pouring.

Peace out peeps

P.s. What is Drangon Ball and how did I miss it I am only in my 30's you know :whistling:

Well I will not be back to this forum again. To be told to "simply ignore" offensive posters is offensive in itself Im afraid!

Alright Ginger - it can only be offensive if you choose to take offence I wouldn't personally let it get me - but hey that's me!!

Posted

Holy Moley. Day 4? You have 5 more to go if my dad or mother in law are anything to go by. Very debilitating!

The wind has died down considerably in the last 15 minutes here... But obviously not in Pomeroysnow's stomach rolleyes.gif

Posted

Holy Moley. Day 4? You have 5 more to go if my dad or mother in law are anything to go by. Very debilitating!

The wind has died down considerably in the last 15 minutes here... But obviously not in Pomeroysnow's stomach rolleyes.gif

Ha ha very good ya telephone boxer and thanks for positive heads up, people will say that I am just ripping the ass out of it :p

:cc_confused: Telephone boxer?? since when is Feeecker a swear word

Edited by Pomeroysnow

Posted

Ha ha very good ya telephone boxer and thanks for positive heads up, people will say that I am just ripping the I ass out of it :p

No seriously now, get well soon, it is really a pain in the A R S E. Had a bout that lasted over 3 weeks (virus apparently) and I was absolutely shattered from it, so good luck, and get well soon.

Just watching the RTE news now, and the footage from Australia is frightening...

Edited by Rocheydub

Posted

No seriously now, get well soon, it is really a pain in the A R S E. Had a bout that lasted over 3 weeks (virus apparently) and I was absolutely shattered from it, so good luck, and get well soon.

Just watching the RTE news now, and the footage from Australia is frightening...

Cheers Rochey

Now that is extreme weather and it has honestly nothing to do with me.... I hope everyone affected comes out of it in one piece

Posted

For the love of all that is great and good Pomeroysnow, was all those gales outside really down to you?

I got the best cure ever for your problem. Bisto or oxo (Browns and thickens)!

Seems to be settling down out there now!

Posted

What a stormy morning we have had!! Not a good day to leave the bins out!! Our street is covered in rubbish! Lol! Love this type of weather and I'm off to Glasgow tomorrow for the weekend! Could be a bumpy flight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The potential for some very cold weather from around the 11th onwards in on the increase.

Signs of the vortex splitting and a high building from the northeast dragging some bitterly cold air with. Something to keep an eye on imo.

Impressive support for a Scandi high at such a range!

SLP850mean.png

Posted

For the love of all that is great and good Pomeroysnow, was all those gales outside really down to you?

I got the best cure ever for your problem. Bisto or oxo (Browns and thickens)!

Seems to be settling down out there now!

Do I drink it in hot water or do I stick it up my a s s :whistling:

As you can tell this is really affecting my sense of humour!!

Ouch BFS/BHD good luck with rebuilding that :blink:

Posted

Met Eireann predicted a night of gusts up to 60mph... My machine says it gusted to 72 mph tonight... It certainly felt like it, I was out in it for ages tonight!

Anyway, the late Feb model outputs are exciting me no end... Winter can be such fun!

Posted

Another day of constant high winds... 64mph gusts according to the weather station.