Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3rd Annual Stormchase BBQ 2011

Paul Sherman

Posted

Okay guys the title says it all.

It is only 3 months until we depart and wont be back until Mid June so now is probably the best time to try and sort this out, if not the date certainly where it is to be hosted in 2011 and what Month.

I know Angela (Snowqueen) is keen on hosting this for this Summer so she is obviously favourite, but if anyone else is Interested in hosting this event then please put your name into the hat by replying to this thread, or indeed putting your vote for Angela. 2009 was held in Essex in late July, following this was the stupendous effort last year on August 14th complete with Camping at Ian's (ANYWEATHER'S) gaffe in Evesham (Worcs) which even had a near 24hr BBQ. Angela lives in Kent so travel and places to stay can also be sorted out nearer the time.

One to chew over guys

Regards

Paul S

Posted

Thanks Paul lol. I do not have extensive farmland sorry. I have a large garden and with a squeeze we could prob fit 6 small tents in our garden and still have space to move around. My garden is on a slope too but hey I am sure some of you won't care. We have a travel lodge within 15 mins walking distance to our house down hill but up hill to get to me.

I am willing to host it if you want to come to me. Usual arrangements apply bring food and booze and music I will provide Kareoke machine and fire pit.

So over to you lot.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Any chance we could try to get maybe 2 or 3 dates put forward for this (Ideally this side of Stormchase 2011) and see what the best day/s are for peoplenot being on Holiday etc

The reason being is I will be out of the loop from April 27th until Early July, and if we get The Arizona Lightning Chasing Tour going ahead and the favourable pattern was 11th - 22nd July say then that could effectively put me out for 3 months :nonono::shok: With the Wifes 40th Birthday on the 6th August this year and a Boat Holiday with the Kids and my Parents I aint got many timescales left - Lol

So......For me Late August or End of July (Presuming the Arizona Pattern is not good) or even Early September.

30th/31st July

20th/21st August

3rd/4th September

Can other reply in here to put forward their dates

Regards

Paul S

Posted

July to middle of August good for me, will be busy busy busy after with wedding shenanigans from mid August onwards :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

July to middle of August good for me, will be busy busy busy after with wedding shenanigans from mid August onwards :shok:

Hi Paul and All! Yep ,I would love to come to the bbq , the only date "no" good for me is the end of July as im Holiday in Sunny South Wales....but any other time is fine. Any thing I can do please let me know,it will be Great to meet up with you Guys and Girls again!! :air_kiss:

• 1 month later...
Posted

All the guys that went to Cardiff a few Weekends ago were really keen on the Camping idea as we had such a laugh last year at Ian's.

Quite a few suggestions were thrown around along with the beer and whatever those chasers were called at the time and the most popular seemed to be a Weekend in the Lakes.

Tom Lynch lives very close by and has said there are quite a few that have great facilities, camping, BBQ'ing etc so the question now is what do you all think about that idea ??

Answers on a Postcard but I for one have never been to the Lakes and that type of Weekend appeals very much ?

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Camping. YAY!

There are also some lovely and cheap campsites in sussex and also the new forest.

July August is best but we'd have to book as they fill up quick!

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Excellent,

I am all for camping, lakes or New Forest would be a great weekend!

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

ok tours over what date did we end up with. Do I still need to look for somewhere in the Lakes?

Tom

Posted

Hope this goes ahead. Has a date and venue been confirmed? Would like to show my face and meet you lot before the tour next year :drinks:

Posted

Hi all

I didn't have any dates to go off but it be somnetime before Paul heads off to the US again. What date is that? I have a couple of places in mind here near Kendal but am easy about where the BBQ is to be held. Week end 24 July has an air display over lake Windermere.

I will see what the feelings are about that week end and somewhere in the lakes.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Hi all

I didn't have any dates to go off but it be somnetime before Paul heads off to the US again. What date is that? I have a couple of places in mind here near Kendal but am easy about where the BBQ is to be held. Week end 24 July has an air display over lake Windermere.

I will see what the feelings are about that week end and somewhere in the lakes.

Tom

Hi Tom , hope you are well. Cant make it that time because Im in Sunny South Wales , but would love to see everyone up there... :yahoo:

Posted

Hi all

Tom

Hiya Tom, we leave for the Arizona on Aug 16th, so plenty of time, that weekend works for me, looking forward to meeting up with everyone again :drinks:

Craig

Posted

Twas only a date pulled out of the air, best suggestion is for anyone that might want to attend throw some dates that they could attend and we can get a feel for best date to fit everybody.

Tom

Posted

6 week holiday for me as I am a teacher :yahoo:

I'm not fussy with the date, will go with anything really

Tom et al.. The last weekend in July is best for me, Clare & dog.. Can try for the weekend before but obviously difficult for us to get matching shifts off.. Lakes would be great but we're easy with any venue that suits.. All the best.. Rich

Posted

OK how will the week end 30/31 July fit with everyone . If we settle on a date and then we can look at a venue.

Tom

Posted

I think Mid July was being thrown about when we were out chasing and I believe Dave was going to look at some camping, new forest rings a bell but I'm not totally sure. Me and Laura are fine where ever :) I can't do last weekend of July, but this ain't my party! :D

Hmm spanner I've thrown in the works then!

Edited by Smokes

Posted

Weekend of the 23/24 suites me best.

The young lady wife is doing a hen night the weekend of 9/10 so I'm babysitting

and we have a wedding 16/17 so thats gone for me.

The little one has a hospital appointment up in Dublin on the 29th so thats doable if I fly ought from Dublin but it would be easier on to fly out from cork as I think a 3 - 4 hour drive without someone to entertain Caoimhe would be interesting for the driver.

Like Arron said, this not my pary either :) so work away how ye see fit but I would love to attend. So start of July is grand for me but waaay too soon for sure for most people, 23/34 July would be great, and July 30/31 is probably doable but would be difficult. First weekend in August is free too but second weekend just before the lads are heading off to Arizona I have another weeding on Friday 12th August up the country so doable but depends on the location. Either way I realise I've a good few dates that may not work for other people so work away.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I'd be up for coming to a storm chaser gathering during either of the last two weekends of July, be nice to see the Lakes but happy wherever, unfortunately my postage stamp garden in S London is not big enough to entertain more than a handful of people.