Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3rd Annual Stormchase BBQ 2011

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Could of sworn i just saw Paul on itv natures fury

He certainly was, though I think he wished that Chris edited out the scene where he walks up to the camera seemingly doing up his trousers after spending a penny!

Brief appearance of me trying (hopelessly) to help push the stuck cars out the mud in the middle of nowhere in Kansas. Thank god the farmer came to our rescue.

just heard from Tammy and good news bad news.

Bad news she cant make the bbq good news she is having a baby. not at the moment of course but in December

Tom

Congratulations Tammy!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

He certainly was, though I think he wished that Chris edited out the scene where he walks up to the camera seemingly doing up his trousers after spending a penny!

Brief appearance of me trying (hopelessly) to help push the stuck cars out the mud in the middle of nowhere in Kansas. Thank god the farmer came to our rescue.

Congratulations Tammy!!

Hey all saw natures fury and thought the storm incredible. Did also note you guys on there . One question though why on earth did the presenter open that car door? Did ge have no self preservation or for any other s. That was just a tad stoopid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Chris opening the door gave him good footage though and that is what it is about. I did make my version of the trip. It is called Nature's Furry and actually Paul taking a leak.

All three vehicles got stuck in the mud and a very nice farmer towed two of us out , backwards. Whilst a tornadic storm was heading towards us.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yeah, hoping everyone will have a great time and Im sad I cant make it as Im on Holiday!! Best Wishes to all Ian. :cray::cray::cray::80::(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

I cant believe I did not look at this thread!

I had no idea this was going ahead this weekend until Arron facebooked me, gutted!

I would have really liked to have been there but I am between flats at the moment and all my stuff is in storage, gutted! :cray:

Posted

Sorry Dave

I assumed you mustt have been on holiday , although i have been on facebook it is something i have not had a lot of time to do.

Nick and Ian are travelling up.

Tom

Posted

Ok Ian C I have got another sleeping bag and have pinched an undercover (duvet) to put under it.

I really cant think of anything else if I stop over on the site tomorrow I guess if I have missed something I will notice and pick it up when I collect John from the station.

Janette will following on and so have another chance to get something I have forgotten.

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Sorry guys i can't make it either which i'm gutted about! sad.gif but due to money and that i can't take any more leave atm from work i can't get to travel up.

But I hope you guys all have a grand weekend cool.gif

Posted

Hi all,

Sorry I won't be able to get to Shap at the week-end, but I'll keep all fingers crossed for some half decent weather!! As Tom says I am now 5 months pregnant, which would probably stopped me camping but it was the the pre-planned week-end away that was the problem!! The baby is due (fingers crossed!) on the 8th December and I will obviously raise it to become a tornado chaser :)

I hope that you all have a great time and I will see you soon :)

Tammy

Posted

Huge Congrats Tammy. Sent you an email the other night to say same, but just incase you didnt get it.

You'r little one will probably be chasing with my little one :clap:

Posted

My partner is 7 months pregnant, and due 20th September, so that makes three little ones to train into storm chasers B)

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow, hopefully will arrive with Ian by mid-afternoon, traffic permitting.

Posted

Congratulations all of you expecting the patters of tiny storm chasing feet!

See you all tomorrow. Should get there around mid afternoon i'm guessing

Lewis

Posted

IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN READING THE POSTS TOMORROW IS THE BBQ

IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO DECIDE TO JOIN US

THE FIELD IS PLENTY BIG ENOUGH

On arrival tonight the field was empty, I was lost for choice. The farmers wife said you can put it up where you like. Do dont get offers like that every day.

So-:

post-2466-0-49518300-1311369289_thumb.jp

my tent and gazeebo in place

post-2466-0-66263900-1311369393_thumb.jp

view from gazeebo

post-2466-0-11694800-1311369561_thumb.jp

SO JUNCTION 39 M6 FOLLOW SIGN FOR SHAP VILLAGE ONCE YOU PASS THE SHAP SIGN LOOK OUT FOR THE GREYHOUND PUB ON THE RIGHT THE FARM IS JUST 200 YRDS AFTER THAT ON THE LEFT

i am sorry about quality of the photos but only had my bluberry

Tom

post-2466-0-12458200-1311369468_thumb.jp

post-2466-0-72072900-1311369663_thumb.jp

Posted

ok Arron

set up for tomorrow. Farmers wife said that their chickens which are free range have layed lots of eggs so could have fresh eggs on Sunday morning. I am happier site nice, weather set to be fine and this evening on the field it was bloody nice.

picking John up at 11.30 so aftershopping may be at site 12.30.

Tom

Posted

Morning! :D Will be packing the car up shortly and heading off. Stopping to grab some essential booze on route. Cya later!

Posted

Tom, Ian, Andy, John, Aaron, Laura, Nick, Janette. Thank you for making me feel so welcome at the BBQ. Was a good'un. Hope you all got home safe and well. Me, well traffic was great until i hit 20 miles from home. Still sitting in a bloody queue now grrr

Edited by lewisosd

Posted

Report from the BBQ

When I set up on Friday the place had a lovely feel about it and although not my first choice i thought it would fit the bill

I am happy to report that it was an ideal location and we had a bunch of happy cammpers. When it went cool during the evening we crossed the road to the pub and drank them out of Black Sheep.

Before we went to bed we watched the sky at night satellites etc

The weather played ball and this morning was gloriously warm and in addition to bacon and sauages the chickens had been laying so it was fried fresh free range eggs all round. We then sat around the site till dinner time. I have had to apply aftersun.

As Johns flight was later in the evening it gave time to take him to one or two places around Kendal.

post-2466-0-81282300-1311541259_thumb.jp

post-2466-0-87623700-1311541399_thumb.jp

Johns chaser pose

I would like to that all the attendees for making the week end a sucess and bringing grub. I had enough left to have another BBQ.

Thanks one and all

other photos will be posted later/

Tom

Posted

Glad you all had a great time at the BBQ - The weather gods were on your side as well!

Sounds like the pubs takings went up significantly on Saturday Night :drunk:

Posted

Had an ace weekend, big thanks to Tom and Janette for arranging it all, the location was stunning and the local beer even better! :D Tom, we enjoyed a lovely Sunday lunch outside the Kirkstone Pass Inn :D

Here's a time lapse of the tents being put up

And a couple of pics of some tired chasers :D I have got a load more of the day but they're on the other camera which Laura has put somewhere..

post-4649-0-97985000-1311587719_thumb.jp

post-4649-0-74491600-1311587712_thumb.jp

post-4649-0-24396000-1311587729_thumb.jp