Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Frost, Thunder and Storms

Rukm422.gif

Looking at the upper temps on the latest models suggest to me that snow should fall to quite low levels from tomorrow evening through to monday morning. However any accumulations would probably quickly melt away from the higher ground during monday forenoon. The north and west plus possiblly the midlands should see some heavy showers with other areas probably doing well to catch a few flakes. A milder interval around midweek before turning colder again by Thursday and Friday with the risk of further wintry showers in places.

Not a bad start to December considering the very mild October and November we have had and considering that the PV is spinning away relentlessly. Possibly a good omen for later in the winter when hopefully upstream conditions will favour something colder and sustained

EWS.

Posted

I'd imagine my area will see little in the way of any precipitation... Might take a spin up to Derry for the craic!

Posted
Posted

Rukm422.gif

Looking at the upper temps on the latest models suggest to me that snow should fall to quite low levels from tomorrow evening through to monday morning. However any accumulations would probably quickly melt away from the higher ground during monday forenoon. The north and west plus possiblly the midlands should see some heavy showers with other areas probably doing well to catch a few flakes. A milder interval around midweek before turning colder again by Thursday and Friday with the risk of further wintry showers in places.

Not a bad start to December considering the very mild October and November we have had and considering that the PV is spinning away relentlessly. Possibly a good omen for later in the winter when hopefully upstream conditions will favour something colder and sustained

EWS.

Indeed EWS, especially when all we heard throughout november was the relentless mild that December was going to be!!

Hey Rochey you guys have had enough craic since you won the Sam - just remember you only get to borrow it until next year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

This site gives you your height as well, click 'Find Elevation' on the left then just drag the cross over your location

www.earthtools.org

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

by jeez just back from the pub, and its a tad chilly out.

max temp of 5.8c today, certainly coll enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Whist here, almost 1am and during a supposed cool spell, it's 9C in Cork :lol:

Sherkin Island being the only official ME station milder!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I live in Dungiven myself so hoping for a wee drop of the White stuff myself! Not far from the Glenshane pass :D. Was 6 degrees at 6pm, not sure what it is now!

Posted

Morning all.

Met Eireann have a warning out

Sleet and snow showers later today, tonight , tomorrow and tomorrow night will give accumulations over parts of Ulster and North Connacht and possibly cause some disruption.Occasional wintry showers will also occur elsewhere.

Posted

A little wager perhaps??? :-)

I first first read that as "a little wagner perhaps". Was gonna suggest some Bach, but I guess that doesn't matter now...

So yeah, what's the wager!?

Posted

Getting a mix of sleet/snow/hail here in Antrim. 60m above sea level at my location

Posted

Getting a mix of sleet/snow/hail here in Antrim. 60m above sea level at my location

impressive, bodes well for later on at all levels, just light rain here at the mo.

Posted

9.9C and sunny in Cork, snow!? Not a chance :lol:

Posted

Hi all, hope you're all well. Had a hail/snow mix from a shower earlier. Already a dusting on top of Black Mountain.

Posted

Well its looking good for tomorrow going by the bbc weather for the week ahead forecast, I will have to check Met Eireann farming forecast at 1.20 to see what their thoughts are.

Another sleet shower passing through

Scratch that it is now snowing!!

happy days.

what did bbc say for the coming week ?

Posted

Hi all, hope you're all well. Had a hail/snow mix from a shower earlier. Already a dusting on top of Black Mountain.

Good to see you back BFS/BHD also good to see some settling on Black Mountain

Alright Stormforce, thet gerenalise for Northern Ireland, but I would say that you would do well out of this too, some good shower activity tonight and tomorrow it looked nice and white in their graphics, Friday could be interesting too as wind veer back t the north again.

I have a sneaky feeling that Thursday might just edge a bit of snow in the the more far north of the country

Posted

And what are we wagering on??

I first first read that as "a little wagner perhaps". Was gonna suggest some Bach, but I guess that doesn't matter now...

So yeah, what's the wager!?

:p

I'll wager that the east coast gets telephone box all snow... Particularly my area. Met E said wintery showers in all areas IIRC. I'm just not that lucky! Good luck to all our northern and north western brethren, enjoy the wintery spell. *jealous*

Posted

just had our first sleet shower, nice anvil clouds building to my west.

putting the tree and decos up with the kids, what a great way to get in the mood. :cold: