Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

New job is going great! Thanks for asking! It's very demanding dealing with children that don't want to smile for the camera! I'm sure it will be a very rewarding job in the long run. Love travelling about as it beats sitting in a call centre.

Posted

New job is going great! Thanks for asking! It's very demanding dealing with children that don't want to smile for the camera! I'm sure it will be a very rewarding job in the long run. Love travelling about as it beats sitting in a call centre.

Wave furry animals at them to get their attention - of course I mean toy animals not real ones, you know what you derry people are like!!

Posted

Lol your not wise! Some children just don't wanna no and it doesn't matter what you wave in front of them! Oh how i would love to see some of the white stuff!! The hype to winter started far to early this year!

Posted

Lol your not wise! Some children just don't wanna no and it doesn't matter what you wave in front of them! Oh how i would love to see some of the white stuff!! The hype to winter started far to early this year!

Yeh I would be careful with that one....

Totally agree Ronan the hype started too early, I think now that people think its going to be a mild winter they could be in for a shock. Sure wasn't the "experts" on the Model Thread predicting an endless euro high merging with a barlett just last week, now the tune is starting to change. The snow will come you'll see :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

You can always hire me as a fluffy toy ronan, with sound effects. I always make the kids smile and laugh...apart from my own. She's bored of it now. She just tells Daddy to stop being silly. lol. 4 year olds these days, telling an Adult to grow up haha.

Och gone and gives us it now watcher!!

Patience mate, this weekend will fly through. I'm still racking up some of my charts and graphs so it's not 100% complete yet.

Posted
:rofl: We have a wee girl of 9 and she is a wee granny! My wee boy is just about 4 months old and i know for a fact he is going to be trouble! He's trying to get up to everything and if he doesn't get what he wants he screams the house down! :80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Wild night here! Best thunder I've heard in years, some near torrential hail and really strong gusts.

Hogging all the lightning in Donegal for a change!

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Calm as anything here! The wind died down yesterday evening. There was a wee bit of hail around half 9 this morning but that's it :(.

Posted

Raw outside. My thermometer shows 4.5c. The wind would cut through you like a knife. Had to stick the heating on for the first time during the day just there now. Thats not bad going considering we are nearly into December!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Calm as anything here! The wind died down yesterday evening. There was a wee bit of hail around half 9 this morning but that's it :(.

Hard to believe, you're barely 30 miles from me and we've had heavy hail every half an hour or so since around 2am! We had a big thunderstorm right over the town around 6.30am as well which was great, could feel the whole house shaking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

.... 'tis been boring in Cork today, but mostly sunny which is nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

by god, a shock to the system today, with a cold blustery wind and squally showers, temps not that high either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Not even my parents were around in 1947 but my Grandas and Grandmas were. Although my Granda was in the RAF so he may have not been in the UK around that time. Definitely feeling nippy after the mildish weather of late but not cold enough for snow....yet. Doesn't feel as cold today as it was yesterday.

Posted

Wee bit of a breeze out there with the tree's bowing at an alarming angle!

Christmas lights switch on in Ballyclare and a fireworks display that might go up sideways!

mild enough day but wind none to pleasant!

Posted

A wild night in Dublin. Spitting rain every now and then, but winds near constant at 35mph, got a gust to 55 a while ago...

Posted

Hows it going folks! Its a real nasty night out there tonight! I always go in and check the Metcheck long range forecast just to see if there is any eye candy and was real surprised when i checked tonight!! Now if that came off then i would be a happy man!! Go into Metcheck and type in Derry and feast your eyes on that!! :rofl: It will be gone by this time tomorrow! Does Metcheck long range update as the models change or what way does it work as for the past week or 2 it keeps throwing up snow from the 4th December on!!

Posted

Metcheck output is based on the GFS and changes 4 times a day accordingly. Next weekend could well be very interesting snow and blizzard wise but not getting too excited yet.

Posted

Thanks for that Shadow! It does look interesting for my area from next weekend! Meto outlook also gives wintry showers for hills later on Tuesday and Wednesday. Also from reading the model threads it seems the models are picking up on something colder to! Would really love to see some snow soon. This time last year we had an Artic blast on our door steps and as far as i can remember we had heavy snow on 27th November. Hopefully something will build soon!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Some nice charts showing up on the models nothing too cold but at least it is a start,next week will at least feel alot more seasonal thank god.

This date last yr at around this timeof the night heavy snow showers were coming into the east coast off the irish sea with thunder snow particularly affecting dublin.