Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Aye, but I still think they are right. No way we can get northerly blocking with such a cold stratosphere, we really are squeezing the best that we can from a poor set up. 2/3 day topplers is about as much as we can hope for.

Posted

Indeed MS, but considering they weren't even predicting any kind of cold for December, I believe the signs are encouraging.

You know what as knowledgable as people come across does not mean that they are right, the weather will always have the ability to surprise.

Anyhow off to bed, hope the signs are still good in the morning

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Aye, but I still think they are right. No way we can get northerly blocking with such a cold stratosphere, we really are squeezing the best that we can from a poor set up. 2/3 day topplers is about as much as we can hope for.

Yes that the way it seems to be so im finding it hard to get too excited about the current charts,i mean they arent bad but i wont be jumping up and down with excitement anytime soon. Still i know they are better then nothing.

Posted

another air frost here. currently -0.4c. fingers crossed for something a bit wintry next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Yeah no real chance of the current set up leading to some proper cold but it's still probably the best week all year for watching the models, lots of potential wind & cold events showing up.

I'm only ~100m asl so Monday will be marginal but looking good for some snow at the moment :)

Currently, 3.1C, rain has finally cleared but still cloudy so the temp isn't dropping much

Posted

I would think you are in a great position Ronan to see some white stuff through Sunday evening into Monday with your exposure to the North west winds. I'm no expert on the topography around Derry but a little bit of altitude will help.

Posted

Well here's hoping anyway Shadow. Even if Derry doesn't see any I will be travelling over the Glenshane everyday next week so I'm bound to see snow at some stage! I would say that Pomeroy will be first to report snow on here! Lol

Posted

You know what Ronan I think you will see it before me - a bit of lamp post watching on Sunday night me thinks (although I don't have any lamp posts near me as I live in the deep country and the locals like to play disturbing banjo music while shouting squeal like a pig boy) :80:

Posted

I'll be travelling through the hills in Donegal early Monday morning so should hopefully see something even if we get nothing in Letterkenny. At a guess, the snow level will be around 300-400m so a few flakes should make it to sea level for anyone in the north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I'll be up Belfast direction for my RAF selection test early Monday so any snowfall on the hills there will be noticeable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

And so it begins!

Sunday night: Snow showers over parts of Ulster; clear spells elsewhere and just scattered wintry showers. Lowest temperatures from -1 degrees (Leinster) to +4 degrees (west coast and southwest coast) with a sharp to severe ground frost away from Atlantic coasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

And so it begins!

what an upgrade for coldies, ukmo, ecm look pretty good for a shot of the white stuff. bring it on :cold:

and they go on to say this :drinks:

Thursday and Friday: Cold with typical daytime temperatures 5 to 7 degrees and some night frosts. Some sunny intervals but some wintry showers also and there is a possibility of a spell snow on Friday.

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

what an upgrade for coldies, ukmo, ecm look pretty good for a shot of the white stuff. bring it on :cold:

and they go on to say this :drinks:

Thursday and Friday: Cold with typical daytime temperatures 5 to 7 degrees and some night frosts. Some sunny intervals but some wintry showers also and there is a possibility of a spell snow on Friday.

Tis looking good, if even Cork gets nothing.

Finished college on Friday for xmas, twould be an awesome early present if it happened!

Posted

I hope it does happen void, and that will be your xmas bonus, you can strike that of your santas list. :smiliz64:

Posted

How's it going today folks? Really looking forward to seeing some snow! By the looks of thing the next week could be interesting! I would say our little Irish thread could go into overdrive come Sunday night! Also really looking forward to my little son of 4 months seeing his first snow! We bought the wee girl a sledge last year and because the weather was so bad it didn't get delivered until the new year when the snow had all melted! She is constantly asking me when is the snow coming daddy! Lol

Posted

How's it going today folks? Really looking forward to seeing some snow! By the looks of thing the next week could be interesting! I would say our little Irish thread could go into overdrive come Sunday night! Also really looking forward to my little son of 4 months seeing his first snow! We bought the wee girl a sledge last year and because the weather was so bad it didn't get delivered until the new year when the snow had all melted! She is constantly asking me when is the snow coming daddy! Lol

hi there ronan. yes you are in a very interesting place for next week, you should do quite well, and your daughter should finally get a shot on her sledge. interesting times ahead on the irish thread, am gonna get the coffee and beer stocked up, just got the oil in aswell, tis gonna be exciting. :cold:

oh and another thing, i find it incredible we are getting anything wintry considering the super powerful polar vortex thats spinning around in greenland. somebody must be looking over us coldies.

Posted

Nice to see even Met Eireann mentioning snow, they'd usually go for wintry showers on high ground until there's absolute certainty. 'Spell snow' sounds interesting next Friday as well!

Posted

I think anywhere in the North/North-west of the country above 200m, could have a covering of snow by monday, but I dont think anything widespread is on the cards, just wherever the showers hit. Later in the week certainly looks very interesting! Shocked to see that update from met eireann so early!

:)

Dan :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I'm not in a prone location this time, too westerly the flow which means showers have to penetrate right across. However the latter week spell would mean showers coming SSE down the Irish sea, so a bigger risk then should it verify. Who knows though, it'll be a nowcast situation.