Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion UK

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

The shower east of Middlesbrough looks like it came straight from the Cleveland Hills and is moving towards the sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

View out side my window Ne london

Looking south towards london!

nice one man ive just seen them to my east now.

Posted

Here's how the East Peak District cell looked a hour ago from North of Buxton. The anvil filled in somewhat since the picture was taken and the cell to the right built further with subsequent backbuild cells behind that, almost like its trying to imitate the ridge of the Pennines through the topographic forcing which is quite a treat to witness.

post-8763-0-82403700-1303568784_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Radar grab of Black Country cells developing...

Doc2.doc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The Cu towers I can see to my south seem to have stalled vertically. Hopefully they might get a kick from the Thames as they track towards me, otherwise it might turn out to be a false alarm!!!

Posted

What sort of path are any developing storms likely to take? I watch the sat24 loop and UK developments dont seem to move much and French developments seem to be following a definate E-W pattern.

The storms south of London are relatively static but they are still building. and there is still no Sferics associated with them.

Edited by Adi F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

nice one man ive just seen them to my east now.

More to gelore its back building!!!

post-12157-0-50064600-1303568962_thumb.j

post-12157-0-85710200-1303568994_thumb.j

Edited by vortex_liam

Posted

Here's how the East Peak District cell looked a hour ago from North of Buxton. The anvil filled in somewhat since the picture was taken and the cell to the right built further with subsequent backbuild cells behind that, almost like its trying to imitate the ridge of the Pennines through the topographic forcing which is quite a treat to witness.

post-8763-0-82403700-1303568784_thumb.jp

Thats pretty spectacular. Nice hard edges and defined shape. I envy you guys up north today

Posted

For anyone interested the 12Z soundings indicate the storms are developing in an environment with 400-700 CAPE. Not bad at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Cumulus lines building north and east of Cardiff at the moment. Not expecting anything here, but an interesting development and watching the clouds build. Good crisp edges.

Similar here in Bridgend to my south east and to my north the clouds are shooting up! Will completely miss us here though :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just dies out by the time it reaches me. Ah well...light rain now though. First rainfall for what seems like an eternity!

Edited by Nick L

Posted

Just watched Soccer Saturday and there's a massive hailstorm at sheffield united's ground (Brammal Lane)

Posted

Honestly. I have no idea! It keeps showing signs of backbuilding so you never know. Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. Thunder continuing to the north here, skies are black. We have stayed dry though and no lightning seen yet.

Is anything happening near you yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Those pesky cells are teasing me.....game is back on for you Nick, the western updraft has collapsed, the whole thing looks on the wane currently, on second thoughts, but who's to say additional cells wont fire!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Those pesky cells are teasing me.....game is back on for you Nick, the western updraft has collapsed, the whole thing looks on the wane currently, on second thoughts, but who's to say additional cells wont fire!

I'm not sure, it seems to be moving with more of an easterly component now which rules us both out of what's currently there!

Is anything happening near you yet?

Its pretty close. We have bright conditions above, with the large storm to the north/northeast. Still plenty of thunder coming from it. It is difficult to tell whether it is backbuilding slowly overhead or not. My postcode is S18, if you have Net extra radar you can see that it is very close to me! If it does rain/thunder more overhead, I'll let you know.

Latest radar shows it has moved away NE ever so slightly. Basically it needs to keep backbuilding if we want anything decent from it.

Although just had a loud crack of thunder and a flash of lightning just now.

Edited by Ari

Posted

Convective precipitation popping up all over the place.

Very nice indeed. Shame about the 200 mile wide band between the ones in France and the Ones in the UK. Some of us have to suffer this blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

charging my camera could see some decent cloudscape's