Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

May CET

Posted

I'm going to guess for a May CET of 11.9C which is 0.6C above the 1971-2000 average.

Posted

Along with many other months in the year, cooler than average Mays have been rare in the last two decades or so as well. Last year's May was below average for the first time in 14 years. The last really cold May was in 1996. Cool Mays were relatively common in the 1970s and 1980s.

After such an exceptionally warm April, it would be pretty uncanny to think that it will be below average, but the possibility of it being cooler than April is out there nontheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

So the average is 11.3C?

I will go for 12.9C.

Posted

I to think we will have another very warm Spring month so I will go for 13.6c please :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I will go for 12.1c

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

12.3C for me please. Enough to make this the warmest spring on record I believe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

10.8C, very cool first half, rain and showers and windy Manchester southwards, May could end up cooler than April in the south, warmer in the north

scotland in for their driest ever May I think

Posted

13.1C

Looks like the South are in for quite a poor start to May where as the North of England, NI and Scotland will fair well - dry and sunny - though quite cool in Scotland. I expect a return of the SE'lys after we're through the first third of the month, however.

Edited by Slowpoke

Posted

I'll be way, way out with my April guess having opted for a cool one. :wallbash:

As there's no change of synoptics on the horizon and the models are going for a southerly reload come the end of April, I'll try something above average for next month - 12.5C

Can't see it being quite as exceptionally above average as April, but you never know!

Posted

With April looking like it's going to end up 12.2c+, I'll have a punt at May being fairly average, with cool and warm spells. 11.5c.

Edited by Tom D

Posted

I'll leave my projection until later next week. At this range it does look a rather cool start and I can see northern blocking in residence for much of the first half maintaining a rather cool theme though southern parts may import some warmer air at times.

Hard to say how the second half may end up - could go either way i.e. warm or cold and unsettled depending on how strong northern blocking remains.

I very much doubt we will see a significantly warmer than average month nor a significantly cooler than average month - so I suspect I will err on caution and go near average. As I said I wll wait until later next week to give my figure.

Posted

17.1 :drinks:

Is that a genuine prediction or are you just mucking around, that would be astonishing, Although I can see the first part of the month having the most unsettled weather, although I don't expect it to be a washout by any means. Scattered heavy showers and downpours I guess, I can see the models trending to dryer weather again, they were going for a cooler second half to April, and it could not have been more wrong.

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

13 for me please - both my daughter's and my birthday is in May so I'm crossing fingers it's a good month

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

12.4C for me please