Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion Uk

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Seems to be a similar set up to last night so they may hold out, have hope tomp! Anyone in Sussex area seeing clouds yet? Clear blue here still.

nahh, i'll stick to my negativity. It paid off last night lol ;)

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Seems like another one of those situations when we all anticipate the arrival of thunderstorms when in actualfact, most of us end up with nothing. But part of the excitement is following the developement and the anticipation.

Posted

Blue skies here all day but turning very milky in the last half hour. Looking at radar and commenst on here though will all pass to the SW so much the same as yesterday here also

Posted

Had 3 storms pass through in the last 3 hours, were moving very fast, didn't last very long, plenty of rumbles though. Maybe we might be in for a few more yet.

Guest Quantumsnow

Still milky blue sky's here. Do you know Cissbury Ring and if so is there a carpark with good views out to sea?

If i am right its just down the road from you.

Yeah same here. I think cissbury ring is about 5 mins drive from mine, but not sure if you can see the sea from there as have never been, but would imagine that you probably could

Posted

If anyones got a boat,,, lets set sail. I believe thats our best bet of seeing any convective activity this evening. Although the storms in northern France seem to be tracking toward the UK, I think they will track along a western direction as they near the UK, maybe clipping the south western tip of the country, much like last night/yesterday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

If anyones got a boat,,, lets set sail. I believe thats our best bet of seeing any convective activity this evening. Although the storms in northern France seem to be tracking toward the UK, I think they will track along a western direction as they near the UK, maybe clipping the south western tip of the country, much like last night/yesterday

the south-west didn't get any storms yesterday from my memory, only remaints of the France/Sussex/Hampshire ones

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

high thundery haze moving in as far as my area! don't give up just yet, they go quite at times, its not finished just yet.

.post-11361-0-07033300-1304189311_thumb.g only a thought, but this could happen..:drinks:

Posted

looks like the storms are getting killed by the sea :(

RIP storms...will only expect rain from now on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

We've got a cumulus build up to the south. Looks beautiful against the sunset, making it have a red glow. Looks like we could get some rain, but nothing heavy.

Having said that last week we had massive thunderclouds but nothing happened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

we got bubbling up on the edge here! the top of the high cloud from the channel storms ,starting to become roll cloud effect with an amazing sunset reflecting its reds and oranges on it, thinking this could be clash of the air masses / wind temps :drunk: waiting for a sudden plume of energy to set this lot off, im not over doing the potential, trust me its happened in the past, if only it veered more inland a bit...

Posted

In answer to yr question. Just heard a couple of dIstant rumbles so far. Blue sky being rapidly replaced by cloud. That's it si far for Eastbourne. Wl keep you posted

and possibly tonight???

Hey ho, more of the season to come?

OK, trying to pull this thread back to actual convective discussion and what us actually happening.....

Posted

in the distance it looks like mid level cloud now..

we got bubbling up on the edge here! the top of the high cloud from the channel storms ,starting to become roll cloud effect with an amazing sunset reflecting its reds and oranges on it, thinking this could be clash of the air masses / wind temps :drunk: waiting for a sudden plume of energy to set this lot off, im not over doing the potential, trust me its happened in the past, if only it veered more inland a bit...

Im seeing this too :):) Hope for the best ;)

Posted

I think this will be a no show I'm afraid guys....

Posted

I think this will be a no show I'm afraid guys....

yep i agree

Guest Kent-Weather

We've got a cumulus build up to the south. Looks beautiful against the sunset, making it have a red glow. Looks like we could get some rain, but nothing heavy.

Having said that last week we had massive thunderclouds but nothing happened.

Not sure where in North Kent you are but you sound local to me as the same thunderclouds (CB's) were from cells that appeared around Maidstone. Sevenoaks area ended up taking the hit instead rolleyes.gif