Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion Uk

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

whats the chance of storms coming to coastal west sussex this evening??

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

ooooo hope it goes with a bang then! :D That was to striker

Edited by littlemissy

Posted

I'll give it a try, IOW one is rubbish, sometimes it seems ok, then sometimes not! Thanks

The sferic are only as accurate as the data put into them, I think IoW detector has not been calibrated recently. As far as I can tell NW detector is data from members detectors so if everyones detectors are slightly out of calibration the information when triangulated and plotted on the map the bigger the error.

Maybe Paul or Nick can confirm my suspicions. Until then i chose to only use it as a guide.

whats the chance of storms coming to coastal west sussex this evening??

There is a chance!

Posted

A few storms have been rumblng just a few miles north of me for the last hour :wallbash: I reckon north of Exeter might be having some fun soon :-)

Posted

A few storms have been rumblng just a few miles north of me for the last hour :wallbash: I reckon north of Exeter might be having some fun soon :-)

Wish I was up on Dunkery Beacon watching those storms approach.

Posted

Damn! storm is passing to the south of me constant rumbles of thunder looks like a very lively one may have to jump in the car and travel south of Bideford.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

The sferic are only as accurate as the data put into them, I think IoW detector has not been calibrated recently. As far as I can tell NW detector is data from members detectors so if everyones detectors are slightly out of calibration the information when triangulated and plotted on the map the bigger the error.

Maybe Paul or Nick can confirm my suspicions. Until then i chose to only use it as a guide.

There is a chance!

the IOW one sucks!! It needs calibrating!! Was defo. giving out false readings last night

Edited by tomp456

Posted

Weather Graphics software on my PC.

Yeah ok. Did you add the LFC (The Red line) by adding the T and Dp or did the computer just put the line on with no imput from you?

Edited by Adi F

Posted

There is a chance!

Just been down to South Surrey (Im in North Surrey) To farnham and I saw a few tower clouds and some clouds building in that area..

The storms over the North of France are growing and growing! Moving much more Northwards today wind direction slightly changed?? Could be one to watch for Inland people like me, thats if it dosn't die out peoples thoughts??

post-12648-0-11104300-1304179424_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Do you think some of that might hit North Kent.

Where are you watching these storms?

Meteox http://www.meteox.com/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=253&y=290

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Can just see some tower to the south at the moment but nothing homegrown has kicked off today unlike what was forecast. Fingers crossed for something to move up this way but I'm not getting my hopes up yet again.

Guest Kent-Weather

The current track of storms heading towards the SE look to be similar to yesterday but would place them more along the lines of the Kent/Sussex boarders I'd suspect. Would want them to form around the France/Belgium boarders for a better portion of Kent to be hit.. IE slightly further NE

Edited by Kent-Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Seems to be a Devon coast streamer going on, hope you guys down there are enjoying it!

Can just see some tower to the south at the moment but nothing homegrown has kicked off today unlike what was forecast. Fingers crossed for something to move up this way but I'm not getting my hopes up yet again.

I hope so to, those storms moving out of france now are very active ! Hope the channel doesn't kill them , where about are you looking im literally down the road from you ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I hope so to, those storms moving out of france now are very active ! Hope the channel doesn't kill them , where about are you looking im literally down the road from you ?

At the moment I'm in Yatton, Bristol, looking down at the stuff over Devon. From Tuesday I'll be at Egham, Surrey when I go back to uni. :)

Posted

Yeah ok. Did you add the LFC (The Red line) by adding the T and Dp or did the computer just put the line on with no imput from you?

You get a choice of ML, MB, or SB. No imput from me other than that.

Guest Quantumsnow

Liking the look of that stuff over northern France at the moment. Hoping it will not die out over the channel. No cloud here in deepest W Sussex at all at the moment except a slight haze..