Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

Must have been the anvil I saw to my NW, missed everything here today, decent summer day 20.4C max but windy

The clouds were stunning. I will post them soon, just loaded them to PC now and going to go though them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

looks like EAST Anglia will be under 1 of Ajs meto NW Severe lack of thunderstorm warnings all next week :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

looks like EAST Anglia will be under 1 of Ajs meto NW Severe lack of thunderstorm warnings all next week :angry:

Yes, I have a feeling that my membership of the "no storms club" will last for a bit longer. More of a worry to me is the severe lack of rain.:help:

Posted

0.3mm here yesterday, nice suset atm, tomorrow should be quite active in some areas ,rather isolated in East anglia though :D:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I didn't get a storm but wow, the wind picked up and the rain was heavy for 5 minutes! the sky is grey and orange right now at least something happened and didn't miss me this time lol :lol:

Posted

Big anvil here about half hour ago went really dark really thought i was going to get something but i got nothing,

Thanks Jane Louise fingers crossed for you to.

Posted

I was a bit too far East to hear any thunder or see any lightning from the first shower around lunchtime but we did get some fairly heavy rain from it and then another heavy shower around 5ish but no thunder/lightning from it as far as i'm aware.

Was hoping for some more but we'll see what tomorrow delivers, if anything at all.

Posted

Big anvil here about half hour ago went really dark really thought i was going to get something but i got nothing,

Thanks Jane Louise fingers crossed for you to.

Hiya Raidan,

I think we may catch something tomorrow.:D

From the Met Office for the South West :

Monday:

Starting bright, with sunny spells and heavy showers developing during the morning. The showers should become widespread for a time during the afternoon, with an accompanying risk of thunder. Maximum temperature 17 °C.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/sw_forecast_weather.html

:drunk:lol

Posted

Looks like something is about to happen here.....

Posted

Good luck Jnane :drinks:

here ours

Monday:

Bright or sunny intervals, especially for Lothian and Borders, but showers developing more widely through the morning and becoming locally heavy by midday. The showers dying out in west later. Maximum temperature 17 °C.

Updated: 1526 on Sun 8 May 2011

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/dg_forecast_weather.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I can see the anvils in the southern skies of those heavy showers that passed though the West Country.....The strong upper winds have done a good job of shearing those anvils, the cells are 40 odd miles away yet clearly visible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like something is about to happen here.....

Very dark sky with report of a rumble of Thunder in Bromsgrove on UKWW but sadly no more than that.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Very dark sky with report of a rumble of Thunder in Bromsgrove on UKWW but sadly no more than that.

A few spots of rain falling right now.

It looked great as it approached in the sunset though.

Posted

well about 30 40 mins ago we had torrential rain shower, but i was on the edge of it. Sun to the west storm to the east. No thunder heard but was treated to a double beautiful bright Rainbow. As it passed over i was treated to a beautiful display of mammatus which was quite bulgy and heavy looking. It was also glowing orange from the setting sun. Simply stunning! I am easily please even though had no T/L. :yahoo:

Posted

Good luck Jnane :drinks:

here ours

Monday:

Bright or sunny intervals, especially for Lothian and Borders, but showers developing more widely through the morning and becoming locally heavy by midday. The showers dying out in west later. Maximum temperature 17 °C.

Updated: 1526 on Sun 8 May 2011

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Thank you Stu,:drinks:

Another day of radar watching.(Don't forget people, the Netweather Extra radar as shown in my sig is brilliant for following storms.:))

It's also been great fun following the Spanish plume this weekend let's hope for another one soon lol.

Plenty of time for us all yet through the Summer and Autumn for storms if we all miss out!

:drunk:

Posted

A large HP in the atlantic from midweek, setting up a N.Westerly with quite stable conditions for most, not the best for thunderstorm....still ok for tomorrow though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

Just put some photos in the photography section of this forum of the weather over Manchester and NW of England today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather
:whistling: even all . we had some good lightning on fri night in north somerset , a couple of forks and some sheet lightning but most of it was out over bristol channel . last night one rumble about 4am this morning when my wife came home from work . i did not expect anything exciting today . started my wifes food about 5 30 pm today , sky almost clear , i had back door open because our smoke alarm is delicate ,about 5 20 pm our garden furniture , light plastic took off,it then went quiet till about 6 20 pm . the wind blew up very gusty ,within 2 min it was sheeting it down with rain after about 5 min the rain eased and small hail started for about a couple of mins or so . it then chucked it down with rain again for 10 min but with brilliant sunshine , we must have been on the edge of the storm . therefollowed a bright rainbow , and to my right , a brilliant flash followed by severall loud rumbles .whilst all this was going on our local perigrin must have been out hunting , it returned with a kill just as the storm moved away towards the north east . mother nature is so amazing . any body about in glos area , i noticed about half an hour or so the bright colours moved through your area , any body further n east experiance any thing of note .i only use rain today so i am limited , plus my computer is a cart horse , when i get a new comp i will get NW radar . regards legritter n somerset :drinks:

Posted

:whistling: even all . we had some good lightning on fri night in north somerset , a couple of forks and some sheet lightning but most of it was out over bristol channel . last night one rumble about 4am this morning when my wife came home from work . i did not expect anything exciting today . started my wifes food about 5 30 pm today , sky almost clear , i had back door open because our smoke alarm is delicate ,about 5 20 pm our garden furniture , light plastic took off,it then went quiet till about 6 20 pm . the wind blew up very gusty ,within 2 min it was sheeting it down with rain after about 5 min the rain eased and small hail started for about a couple of mins or so . it then chucked it down with rain again for 10 min but with brilliant sunshine , we must have been on the edge of the storm . therefollowed a bright rainbow , and to my right , a brilliant flash followed by severall loud rumbles .whilst all this was going on our local perigrin must have been out hunting , it returned with a kill just as the storm moved away towards the north east . mother nature is so amazing . any body about in glos area , i noticed about half an hour or so the bright colours moved through your area , any body further n east experiance any thing of note .i only use rain today so i am limited , plus my computer is a cart horse , when i get a new comp i will get NW radar . regards legritter n somerset :drinks:

Hey legritter,

Great you caught some thunder and lightning!:D

Yes, I had colours move through my area earlier and so did Phelpsy lol .No thunderstorms though, but plenty of rain accompanied by an ominous sky.

More to come tomorrow to :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

:whistling:

well about 30 40 mins ago we had torrential rain shower, but i was on the edge of it. Sun to the west storm to the east. No thunder heard but was treated to a double beautiful bright Rainbow. As it passed over i was treated to a beautiful display of mammatus which was quite bulgy and heavy looking. It was also glowing orange from the setting sun. Simply stunning! I am easily please even though had no T/L. :yahoo: