Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

My sister is in Taunton today and has just txt to tell me there is lightning,talk about rub it in lol

Ah, that'll almost certainly be from the same cell I was just watching to the N/NE of me (as is Taunton). I saw one bolt of lightning from it although I wasn't watching until about 30 minutes ago. A good omen for others hopefully.

Posted

Crikey. Pea-size hail just 15mins ago here sending the grass into a white'is hue. Cell that passed wasn't much in the way of sferics but convection wise it was pretty lively while it was passing over, whales mouth as it approached aswell for a brief time.

Posted

Had some nice cumulus congestus around and the radar seems to show the showers in the North West moving North so hopefully Scotland will get some action. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

west cumbria is just about to get a pounding :crazy:

Posted

Looks like something approaching on a mor direct line this time, although the rain today radar seems to show the showers dying very quickly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Its all gone quiet up here but for those in the SE a thundery area appeared

Posted

Phew! it's certainly warm out there :D

Had no shower activity since just before lunchtime. However, there are some nice towers starting to build, so it looks as if things might start to get going again. I've been trying to keep my ears peeled for thunder, but there have been two F15 fighter planes flying around, which have given me quite a few false alarms :lol:

Anyway, glad to see that some of us are getting a little electrical action. I'd just like to see it all a little farther East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Black clouds to the west and north but looks like we miss out again....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Look like someing Heading up the A7 Right now on the Rader :drinks:

Yep , keeping my eyes peeled to the south :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

the cell to my east has gone quite potent looking on radar... (of course it had to miss me though.. :nonono: ) but I can see the black sky to my east if I look out of my sky light on the 3rd floor. If it wasnt so windy out, i reckon I would be able to hear thunder from it. It might be the closest to a storm I get to today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A heavy shower with small hail here at the moment. The wind has increased to f6-7 too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Phew! it's certainly warm out there :D

Had no shower activity since just before lunchtime. However, there are some nice towers starting to build, so it looks as if things might start to get going again. I've been trying to keep my ears peeled for thunder, but there have been two F15 fighter planes flying around, which have given me quite a few false alarms :lol:

Anyway, glad to see that some of us are getting a little electrical action. I'd just like to see it all a little farther East.

funny that, as I had 2 HUUUUGE military helicopters go overhead about an hour ago and jumped up at 1st thinking it might be thunder! They were the ones with the 2 propeller front and back (transport?)

Posted

the cell to my east has gone quite potent looking on radar... (of course it had to miss me though.. :nonono: ) but I can see the black sky to my east if I look out of my sky light on the 3rd floor. If it wasnt so windy out, i reckon I would be able to hear thunder from it. It might be the closest to a storm I get to today.

One rumble of thunder and a spattering of rain was all it gave here..

Posted

One rumble of thunder and a spattering of rain was all it gave here..

really?????? It looked pretty juicy on radar... thats such a shame! Ive got some monster CBs now to my west, hopefully they will develop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

had no thunder or hail just very heavy rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I eat my words from earlier. One shower with small hail has moved away and another, to the south, has just produced a flash of lightning and a rumble of thunder. Looking at the radar it seems to be heading this way too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looks like my old home of Tyne and Wear is likely to see some thundery activity in the next hour or two as that band continues to inch eastwards. Norwich looks like it will be too far SE- the GFS outputs did suggest that convective available potential energy would be limited over East Anglia, and it's proving true.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Nice line of showers to my South West - things are beginning to look very promising :D

Good luck Brian :D I don't want to have to hand you a membership for the No Storms Club :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Just heavy rain and a bit of hail for time here, not heard any thunder or seen any lightning, seems they lost their intensity as they approached, oh well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

somr distant thunder rumbling away....Some rapid development in those cells to the north of Birmingham/east of Stafford!