Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

For every 6th May there has to be a 9th May!

Just like for every 18th December, there has to be a 22nd December.

...if you get what I mean!

In other words...we can't have them all!

Yep, weve already had 2 storms here this year and across the whole this is already massively better than last year. Slight risk tomorrow but perhaps Thursday onwards sees more chances.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Any reports on the storm over Hull way. Looks like it passed over here and then decided to intensify

Posted

Yep, weve already had 2 storms here this year and across the whole this is already massively better than last year. Slight risk tomorrow but perhaps Thursday onwards sees more chances.

Too right...though that display that Thursday evening in late September last year would take some beating.

We're off to a good start here in the West Midlands...a quicker start than we managed with the snow in December...although we got there in the end.

In the grand scheme of things...west of Brum hasn't been a bad place to be when these events have come along!

Cloud increasing to the southwest again...but looks a lot flatter and less threatening now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Got some grey looking cumulus building up with a few rain clouds behind. Will it drop any rain? Should I go water my vegetable patch? that is the question.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Too right...though that display that Thursday evening in late September last year would take some beating.

We're off to a good start here in the West Midlands...a quicker start than we managed with the snow in December...although we got there in the end.

In the grand scheme of things...west of Brum hasn't been a bad place to be when these events have come along!

Cloud increasing to the southwest again...but looks a lot flatter and less threatening now.

Indeed, so far West has been best by far for Storms this year at the moment.

Some good cloud structure here still but alot has fizzled out now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yes been a very active day here, heard thunder at around 11am and still hearing thunder at 6.15PM, storms still to our east, and have had a few very torrential downpours

Posted

South Wales cells holding together and getting closer. Almost across the border near Hereford now.

Posted

Amazingly almost all of those intense cells around this area completely missed me. We just caught the back edge of one but as a result we've only had 0.4mm of rain!

Quite a few rumbles though at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

scarborough looks to be getting pasted.

It is.

What an absolute epic storm. Almost constant thunder and frequent fork lightning!!

img0187an.jpg

img0188bl.jpg

That was before the storm! I have the best lightning videos yet on my phone. I may upload later. :)

Still thundering now! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

It is.

What an absolute epic storm. Almost constant thunder and frequent fork lightning!!

img0187an.jpg

What I would give just too expreince serious storms like those again, oh well i'm sure it'll be our turn at some point.

img0188bl.jpg

That was before the storm! I have the best lightning videos yet on my phone. I may upload later. :)

Still thundering now! :D

Posted

The Filey storm just missed me when it passed over Hull. Sounded quite impressive even from the distance i was at.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Got this baby head straight for me if it hold together. It looks quite sexy on the sat24 visusal too!

post-3685-0-19440900-1304961768.txt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Amazingly almost all of those intense cells around this area completely missed me. We just caught the back edge of one but as a result we've only had 0.4mm of rain!

Quite a few rumbles though at least.

Very heavy shower here about an hour ago and it sounded like thunder passed almost right over us. Was quite brief though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Heh... I just got in from work as it started to chuck it down (walked home with no coat so nicely timed). Unfortunately, the only windows with a decent view on my house face into the wind and as soon as I had the camera set up, sideways rain and very blustery winds came through the open window and drenched the camera and my bedroom carpet :p Lightning was pretty epic!

Great storm though. Gotta wonder why I'm paying to go to the states to see this sort of thing when it's so active over here lately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Stupid nowcast. Keeps cocking up on me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Heh... I just got in from work as it started to chuck it down (walked home with no coat so nicely timed). Unfortunately, the only windows with a decent view on my house face into the wind and as soon as I had the camera set up, sideways rain and very blustery winds came through the open window and drenched the camera and my bedroom carpet :p Lightning was pretty epic!

Great storm though. Gotta wonder why I'm paying to go to the states to see this sort of thing when it's so active over here lately.

Chance of decient tornadoes is a good play to start reasoning =)

Now hearing faint rumbles to the SE - Woot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Chance of decient tornadoes is a good play to start reasoning =)

I was going to make a comment about the weather models showing nothing but blue sky death ridge for my entire trip but I just looked and the 12z model looks pretty good now! Model upgrade and a thunderstorm at home.. This day gets better and better ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

The thunderstorm producing all the lightning in Northern Ireland is just passing by the back of my house, got a good distant view of it. Can't find the camera to get a picture, will keep hunting though.

Posted

Radar looks as if has died of death (in my neck of the woods at least)

Posted

Looks as though that's it, in this area, for today. Not had a great deal of action myself as most of the cells seemed to steer their way around me. It's been a very enjoyable day of radar watching, however. Great to see some of you had what sounded like some quite spectacular storms. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Fantastico!

lightdg.png

Posted

Very messy to my southwest now...but looks like something interesting is in there. Think it'll skirt west of me if it holds though. Heading for Shropshire by the looks of it!

Posted

The thunderstorm producing all the lightning in Northern Ireland is just passing by the back of my house, got a good distant view of it. Can't find the camera to get a picture, will keep hunting though.

I've been watching it myself from the garden. Haven't seen any lightning, but can hear thunder.