Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Been having torrential rain showers all day...apparently there was a little bit of thunder at the start of the afternoon but i didn't hear it. Some of the cloud looked like it was spinning a little earlier when i looked out of the window at work aswell. That can't be normal. Very stormy looking cloud today!

Posted

one hell of storm here in Antrim. I have goose bumps. Haven't a thunderstorm like this in a good while. Loving it.

Large hail and very gusty winds.. Have video clips.. Still on going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Hmm that cell heading towards me is dying a death, its that time of day I suppose, shame. Did give a few rumbles and one CG though as a dying gift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

one hell of storm here in Antrim. I have goose bumps. Haven't a thunderstorm like this in a good while. Loving it.

Large hail and very gusty winds.. Have video clips.. Still on going.

Been watching that storm all day, you could be in for a long night too, another is forming to it's SSW and heading in a similar direction. Keeping an eye on that one.

Posted

Its intense.. can actually see planes taking off from belfast international and being directed around it. they are flying every which way.

Posted

That shower over the Pennines is fading, so looks like I might not get any more thunder today. Still, I've had 2 great thunderstorms yesterday and today, and I'd be happy if I'd seen today's storm in Florida thanks to the great display of blue lightning before the rain came in. Also, the thunder cracked rather than rumbled. crazy.gif

That was a cracking little storm which i managed to get some fairly poor quality footage of!

This was filmed at about 4.15 this afternoon not far from whickham.

Best part is at about 3.05 mins. :o

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Had a cracking storm AT 3PM today.Thunder overhead lightning hail and torrential rain.Felt sorry for those parents pickingt their children up.Heavy showers now set off by the sun.

Posted

Just when I thought we'd had our share , a small cell develops just west of me , moving NE with heavy rain , CG and couple of clacks....

Dogs are back to jumping round the kitchen and my Koi doing F1 laps around the pond... nonono.gif

A sustained thundery day here, with thunder and lightning off and on for much of the day, but generally it seems we have missed the centre of the storms. Wet or Very wet at times, but it seems generally again the heaviest of the rainfall slightly further east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Literally got a little bit of every cloud in the sky. It keeps threatening to rain, but I think it's all mouth and no trousers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Literally got a little bit of every cloud in the sky. It keeps threatening to rain, but I think it's all mouth and no trousers.

Haha way to provoke the weather! Made me smile!

Posted

We have funnel.. We actually have funnel.. this been the best day whooop :D

Posted

That was a cracking little storm which i managed to get some fairly poor quality footage of!

This was filmed at about 4.15 this afternoon not far from whickham.

Best part is at about 3.05 mins. :o

I hope you didn't shout "Thor" :whistling:, no need to provoke the Thunder god whilst Golfing, ye know.

I hope you are still filming it, was due to drop something that monster.

Posted

I hope you didn't shout "Thor" :whistling:, no need to provoke the Thunder god whilst Golfing, ye know.

I hope you are still filming it, was due to drop something that monster.

I sure did.. I only noticed it now as im looking through the footage. and spotted it. I shall have to edit it all first very large file.

Hmm tell me this.. Does lightning affect a DSLR.. Because ive noticed nearly everytime there is a lightning strike the camera goes blurry.

Edited by jello

Posted

House shook with last thunder clap — very white lightning now — been going for almost an hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

House shook with last thunder clap — very white lightning now — been going for almost an hour.

Where in south shropshire?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

just heard a rumble of thunder about 3 miles to the southwest. A developing cell.

Posted

That was some storm in the Antrim area......forks stretching right across the sky, ground-shaking thunder.

Rare intensity for this part of the world, it was more like something from the US midwest!

Well done on spotting the funnel, missed that one myself.

There is another batch heading this way but it doesn't look to be electrified at the moment.

post-10825-0-92039500-1304967467_thumb.p

Posted

I think that storm could still produce more funnel clouds/tornadoes....developed a Southerly tail about 1hr ago and still has it.

Yes, definitely a meso/rotation area in that storm on its South side. Zoom into it on raintoday and watch it from 18:30-19:30pm on the South of it. Watch the tail form on the South of the storm mass over the hour and as it passes Antrim, that's where your funnel came from I'd presume. http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted

Where in south shropshire?

6 miles due south of ludlow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

have heard 4 more rumbles now and getting closer.

I'm sure it has been reported but Scarborough had a good thunderstorm between 5.30pm and 6.30pm roughly. I was at work so had no interweb access, but managed to witness it in most of its glory. Pretty impressive rain and wind gusts, and the radar animation for the last 4 hrs really shows how they sprung up. Pretty happy with the weather today! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Just been looking at the N.ireland storm on satellite ,it has nice structure, with neat flanking line, good job somebody filmed it !

Posted

Looking stormy again. Dark skies. That last storm was amazing, Very very dark. Street lights even came on and solar garden lights. looking through footage now.