Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Whining Thread

Posted

Well i think it was neccessary considering so those who need a good rant about past, current or upcoming weather get raging.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Cloud cloud cloud cloud...

Posted

Yesterday

post-2546-0-17770300-1307015015_thumb.jp

Today

post-2546-0-50231500-1307015021_thumb.jp

Indeed its a case of spot the difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

No moaning from me at the momemt but I'm sure i'll find plenty to moan about next week though.

Sorry Conor i just had to post this.

post-10110-0-96643500-1307015640_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well i think it was neccessary considering so those who need a good rant about past, current or upcoming weather get raging.

What a good idea.....clap.gif

post-10773-0-09128800-1307015680_thumb.j

.......and an extra payment on top for each annoying head banging thingy used wallbash.gif

Posted

Surprise surprise as usual as soon as 4pm arrived the cloud started dissolving and now its clear other than a few isolated cumulus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yesterday

post-2546-0-17770300-1307015015_thumb.jp

Today

post-2546-0-50231500-1307015021_thumb.jp

Indeed its a case of spot the difference.

Lol, weve had a fair bit of cloud in the middle part of the day but regular, very warm/hot sunshine- nothing like the slate grey skies you have posted. I suggest you escape Telford now! ;)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Rooms too bloody hot does that count??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

could be north sea misty low cloud in morning, for Staffs and Shrops, more likely I think on saturday, today mostly sunny from midday, with a high of 25.6C, still my hottest day of year is 22 April

6 months ago of course was also Thursday 2nd, all enjoying snow! seasons gone to form, 2 June one of hottest, 2 Dec one of coldest

Posted

could be north sea misty low cloud in morning, for Staffs and Shrops, more likely I think on saturday, today mostly sunny from midday, with a high of 25.6C, still my hottest day of year is 22 April

6 months ago of course was also Thursday 2nd, all enjoying snow! seasons gone to form, 2 June one of hottest, 2 Dec one of coldest

I much doutb it was almost 26c in Staffordshire, your sensor must be exposed to sunlight.

Reached 20c here in the end, the cloud magically vanished between 4 and 5pm and its been clear ever since, its a recurring pattern, if theres a risk of north sea muck making here its guaranteed to this weekend, just watch aswell rather than burning back west to east here will be the last place it breaks just like that time in April :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

This spring has been unusual in the complete lack of North Sea low cloud. I've not seen any which is extremely unusual. Normally later winter to early summer it reaches it's peak but this year - none. Any cloud has been courtesy of westerlies which are 'better' as the cloud often has features rather than being a flat sheet and also doesn't feel as horribly raw.

Posted

I hate the Met office ! If they sat any more on the fence they would need to be surgically removed from it !

And Im also whinning about my recent holiday in hawaii where they had 2 inches more rain than normal while I was there BLAH !

Edited by Buzzit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Why?! wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

The down side is you will get a headache...but on the positive side...

post-10773-0-39833700-1307054783_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

im a fan of the MetOffice, and its tough if anyone don't like it!

i have been tracking the MetO forecasts, and i do not have any negative comments for me to make about them!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

I hate the Met office ! If they sat any more on the fence they would need to be surgically removed from it !

How are they sitting on the fence?

I might have to come in this thread after this brief warm spell has ended, and moan about how Scandinavia and Lapland looks to have temps in the mid-high 20's while we struggle to get mid-high teens for quite a while.. I've seen this happen the past few years as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry summers with big thunderstorms.

I think he meant because they don't issue a summer forecast which I must admit is rather silly for an organisation, it's almost like the government saying we aren't go to do a budget anymore.

Saying that I do admire the 6-15 day outlook which is often a great forecast and trend to what will happen and the rainfall radar is free and very useful so no complaints from me.

Models though = moan right now, I want to see heat and sunshine not rain and northerlies!

Watching the models is as bad as watching England football right now, so much potential and little achievement!

Posted

i have so many things to moan about the weather this spring i feel like jacking it in but i cant because i have an allotmant i need to know the weather

that rain on sunday night i bet it miss here and it clips the east and then gives the north sea a deluge, that will make me go crazy

Wow i'm not that far from staffordshire and by the looks of conors reporting it was cloud and grey on thursday there while here in warwickshire it was a lovely day with plenty of sunshine, the countryside looked glorious, a bit more cloud in the evening but nothing to worry about with still some sunny intervals, i get the feeling that even conor got lots of sunshine today as he hasnt posted in here today ;)

Today the skies are even clearer than yesterday with no cloud in sight apart from the odd fluffy cloud, the sky looks really blue, warm HP cells are great this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Wow i'm not that far from staffordshire and by the looks of conors reporting it was cloud and grey on thursday there while here in warwickshire it was a lovely day with plenty of sunshine, the countryside looked glorious, a bit more cloud in the evening but nothing to worry about with still some sunny intervals, i get the feeling that even conor got lots of sunshine today as he hasnt posted in here today ;)

Today the skies are even clearer than yesterday with no cloud in sight apart from the odd fluffy cloud, the sky looks really blue, warm HP cells are great this time of year.

Nice to see Eugene posting something about warm weather rather than cold :drinks:

anyone noticed how feb1991blizzard has stoped posting now the models have no cold weather charts in sight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

May I please have a little whine about the 25 consecutive days of rain and very chilly temperatures we have experienced here since 5th May? Thank you so much.

I turned the central heating off yesterday.

As yesterday and today were, in turn, warm and now hot and sunny, naturally I feel a tad selfish about my little wine whine after such a glorious summer...

Posted

Yes a glorious day here today, the most sunshine since 2nd May and the first properly sunny day since 4th May :lol:

However the downhill trend is already beginning now and one good day after a month of gloom looks set to for another half month of gloom at least.

Looks like our 'scorching June' is heading for Scandinavia (Finland especially) and Eastern Europe instead, that big fat high pressure cell forecasts were going for being near the UK this month looks like being a good 1000-2000 miles North East of us with some of the coolest Uppers in the Northern Hemisphere working there way towards us next week.

People forget that the first half of June 2007 was not to bad here in the West and if the ECM came off June 2007 would seem amazing.

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

I'm going to whine about the wind, you know I'm fed up with it blowing a gale every day of the year, and I'm also sick of the weather breaking down at the weekends, without fail if the weathers going to change for the worse it'l be at the weekend, this week being a perfect example. Any warm sunny weather we get here is always on workdays.

Thats it.

lol made me chuckle hearing a BBC forecaster this morning saying for those tired of the heat its getting cooler from tomorrow, temps of 23C to 25C widely for three days is hardly that uncomfortable with nights around 10C, we must be a nation of softies if we cant take those kind of temps for just three days in June, even the worst summers have some days with temps early 20's to mid 20's C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

lol made me chuckle hearing a BBC forecaster this morning saying for those tired of the heat its getting cooler from tomorrow, temps of 23C to 25C widely for three days is hardly that uncomfortable with nights around 10C, we must be a nation of softies if we cant take those kind of temps for just three days in June, even the worst summers have some days with temps early 20's to mid 20's C.

Have to agree with you there.. the word heatwave is ridiculously over used in this country.. I heard people last year labelling it as a heatwave when it was 22-24C for a week and sunny in July when they're average July temperatures.

When it reaches 30C people go on about it being unbearable and talk about global warming when 30C also happens every year in the UK