Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 2

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its very humid here and raining, also looks thundery so I think as this stiff moves east it might turn electrical!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Hot and sultry here with cumulus development to the south. A slight puzzle at xcweather showing Hawarden just 6 miles from me has been under NW winds for the past couple of hours and I here in Wrexham experiencing very definately S-SE's :cc_confused:

Posted
Thinking about heading Winchester way at about 2pm hoping for the best, what you guys think.

Don't bother - I live here! Nothing will happen LOL.

Posted

Are those showers in the SW thundery/electrical?

Barely, some sferic activity has intensified to the SE of the Channel Island in the last 30 mins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Looking at the nw convective storm risk the cold front extends from scarborough west across the country. Does that mean anywhere south is in the firing line netweather stormm forecast

Edited by paul m

Posted

Well that's the car filled up and windscreen Rain X'ed. So ready to hit the road, sadly my 3 dongle is playing up again but its so old its carved out of stone. Anyway I have not been able to sort out my laptop charging problem in the car so it looks as if i will chasing in the old days, using the mark 1 eye ball.

Because I have no com's I think I will see how things develop before hitting the road.

Same here, I think I'll station myself on Portsdown Hill later this afternoon and see how things progress.

Posted

28.9c here, thats about my melting point!

Posted

well....from what i can see on the graphs/charts it all seems great so far for s/se later!

been outside and has reached 31c in the coolest and shade of my garden! btw! great weather for painting your toe nails !!! ^_^

Posted

Ok got my evening shift covered so as of 2pm Im free to chase, now just need something to chase.

Just started to spit with rain here in Bournemouth/christchurch. Mostly overcast but few holes trying to appear

Posted

well....from what i can see on the graphs/charts it all seems great so far for s/se later!

been outside and has reached 31c in the coolest and shade of my garden! btw! great weather for painting your toe nails !!! ^_^

Aint it justclap.gif

Can I just replug this, excellent for seeing the build up over Spain and France last 24hrs to now.

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Posted

Same here, I think I'll station myself on Portsdown Hill later this afternoon and see how things progress.

I have just sent you a PM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

The high based cirrus is starting to break up here, I can see other cirrus higher up, isn't cirrus a good sign for storms?

EDIT: AND its a miserable 28C in my living room!

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Are there any cells near or in Bristol? The reason i ask is because i just seen a passenger plane coming in to land at Bristol airport coming in on a very strange angle,It was like it flew around something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

First of the cells from SW just arrived over Birmingham with a spit of rain.....just to ramp up the humidity a bit more

Been watching the forecasts for our areas but also been observing our local Swifts......

there feeding at a higher level than normal with a certain swagger in there tails.....as if there looking forward to a coming event :clap:

best of luck everyone :pardon:

Posted

29 C here too. Completely overcast with high white cloud now, but was very sunny and hot this morning.

Posted

Aint it justclap.gif

Can I just replug this, excellent for seeing the build up over Spain and France last 24hrs to now.

http://www.yr.no/sat..._animasjon.html

wow! thanx!!! what a beautiful sight :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Are there any cells near or in Bristol? The reason i ask is because i just seen a passenger plane coming in to land at Bristol airport coming in on a very strange angle,It was like it flew around something.

Have had a light shower recently and heard thunder in the distance to the southwest, and yes flights have started flying in at different angles. In fact, there haven't been any flights coming in from this direction for a while now. Sun poking through again now but very thundery looking to the south and west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

very heavy rain now in Rhoose, South Wales ...no thunder though sadly !

Edited by Phantom2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

im Totally Jellous of You Lot having Storms :/ Send them Up here a Would Love a Wee Cracking Thunderstorm

All we Got is Cloud and Spits of Rain Crys :(

Posted

I am interested in that little batch of showers over the New Forest area. They seem to be in line with the cells in Northern France so maybe a trough ahead of the cold front?

The direction of travel could put them bang into the area of high dewpoints and temps..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Still not really sure what's going to happen up here.

It looked cloudy with a max of 22 on the forecast this morning, but it's quite sunny and 26c here, with some clouds bubbling up.

Guess it's just a case of radar watching, but looks like still a chance up here of some thundery showers but nothing on the scale of what 'could' hit further south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Barely a cloud in the sky here, although off in the distance they appear to be rolling in. Currently a sultry 31C!