Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

So where are all these storms in south-west Britain and central northern France?

Oh that's right, naff all will happen as per usual.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

It was more Yorkshire down to the Wash.

It wasn't far off, considering that was the only real interesting precip showing today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Well, we did have a thunderstorm finally in Plymouth this morning- between 1130 and 1200 it was more about the rain, but there was pretty frequent thunder.

Looks like that was out lot, but it's been raining again on the drive from Plymouth City Centre- dark enough for headlights to be on. Good luck everyone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

So where are all these storms in south-west Britain and central northern France?

I have to agree there is nothing in France. The only area of activity is in Spain and if its track stays the same it will miss the UK

Posted

What a nice exciting day of fat juicy epic fail. Bored of summer. Nothing on radar (netweather that is).

I was watching the radar, but decided to have a little kip instead, and it's the most interesting thing to happen all day!

Edited by EaasmanG

Posted

Hi folks,

I know Paul S is on the road, could he gives us his thoughts if on WiFi or maybe Nick F..?

cheers,

Steve.

He's helping Chris Hollins get his money back from the car hire company at present. :lol:

Posted

I'm sure this has already been posted, but It's so hard to keep track on this busy, busy thread.

http://www.netweathe...haseliveuk;sess

Live feed just off the A5 near Dunstable. It's raining but I see no lightning - just some bloke wandering around talking on a mobile phone (is he one of our members?).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

What about the intense area of rainfall heading NE E across Wales and the SW..... there has been reports of some thunder within it. If it moves across hot land it might intensify quickly in to a more severe area of weather. There was a tiny shower to the front of it and soon as it hit the Vale and Cardiff it intensified and bought some fairly heavy rain for 5mins here. Its low-mid 20s here Im sure if it got in to areas where its 30c it would be fairly intense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

I was in Sunderland and I had a meeting from around 3.15 onwards and heard some deep booms of thunder. I managed to get a glimpse and saw some great CG lightning. As got to the city centre it was overcast and as I got on the bus home the rain started; massive drops but no more thunder and then the bus travelled towards Ryhope a big crash of thunder. It then stopped as I approached Seaham and the roads were all misty, you could literally see the steam rising into low clouds. I got to Shotton and it was bone dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

When was the last time we saw potential like this?

Posted

Some very negative nancy's on the forum at the minute! Keep the faith guys. Could still get some homegrowns!:p

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Well the sky keeps changing from light to dark with sporadic spots of heavy convective rainfall, mostly it appears to be evaporating before getting to ground level. Managed to see some towering cumulus through a gap in the lower cloud base towards Northampton way so convection does seem to be trying to initiate still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Are there two Readings in Berkshire? Nowt here :lol:

Yes it is probably a truck going bu the office. i can see nought in that direction either

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

NMM isn't very accurate and has been wrong nearly every time I've looked at. Did have look this morning and it's been the best it ever has been.

I still blame Carol K though as soon as she says Humdingers that's the killer. Of course there were some incorrectly placed humdingers.

Posted

What about the intense area of rainfall heading NE E across Wales and the SW..... there has been reports of some thunder within it. If it moves across hot land it might intensify quickly in to a more severe area of weather. There was a tiny shower to the front of it and soon as it hit the Vale and Cardiff it intensified and bought some fairly heavy rain for 5mins here. Its low-mid 20s here Im sure if it got in to areas where its 30c it would be fairly intense.

There is also what will happen once the front has gone through, most storms I see in my area occur in the hours and days after a frontal system has passed through rather than in advance of it.

Posted

well after getting tonight off work for my first U.K. chase in exchange for working this saturday night. I am some what dissapointed.

Never say never but not full of hope.

Time for a nap then of to the stour for a few hours fishing unless things change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Blame my dad, when ever I tell him that storms are forcast he just says it won't happen and it doesn't... I am still hopeing something happens tonight otherwise I think I will dis-own the UK. haha I know storms and snow etc happen in the UK but they just don't happen for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm sure this has already been posted, but It's so hard to keep track on this busy, busy thread.

http://www.netweathe...haseliveuk;sess

Live feed just off the A5 near Dunstable. It's raining but I see no lightning - just some bloke wandering around talking on a mobile phone (is he one of our members?).

I have no idea why they are storm chasing and looking around Luton area, there is absolutely no storm activity in the Midlands or Southern England and there hasn't been all day. The radar looks pants.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Sky is darkening here.......... storms seem to building in the SW.

Posted

I have no idea why they are storm chasing and looking around Luton area, there is absolutely no storm activity in the Midlands or Southern England and there hasn't been all day. The radar looks pants.

The ability to go in several directions from that location, Andy. Or Negative Andy should I call you. :rolleyes: