Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25th into 26th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Had flash and rumble in nw london!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like tomorrows rain will destroy most peoples chances of any thundery weather tomorrow. :(

Posted
  • Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs (Weekends) - RAF Benson, Oxon (During the week!)
  • Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs (Weekends) - RAF Benson, Oxon (During the week!)

Looks to be a developing CB on the horizon to the West of Staffordshire. Probably over the North of Shropshire/South Cheshire. It grown from nothing in about 15 mins - anyone over that way confirm if it's upto much? Definitely looks promising in our area for later as the sun gets to work!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Just gone and have a look outside - brilliant weather here in Cardiff, the sun is shining and the temperature has risen to 18.3C. Looking over the Bristol channel there is one huge towering cumulus and some cumulus building to the West of Cardiff.Hope we'll get some action today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Looks like tomorrows rain will destroy most peoples chances of any thundery weather tomorrow. sad.png

For once I'm going to be selfish Luke....Stuff the South-East, I'm far more interested in storm potential for us west midlanders! laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

For once I'm going to be selfish Luke....Stuff the South-East, I'm far more interested in storm potential for us west midlanders! laugh.png

:lol: So am I but it seems cloud and general rain will be in the way and not allowing convection to initiate or move towards our region.

Posted

Stuff the South-East, I'm far more interested in storm potential for us west midlanders! laugh.png

I think you have more of a chance in the next 24 hours anyway, good luck all! clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I think you have more of a chance in the next 24 hours anyway, good luck all! clapping.gif

It's about time Robin, I'm getting serious storm withdrawal symptoms!...lol......As Luke said, our chances tomorrow hinge on tonights developing frontal rain....I haven't checked the NMM hi-res yet, but the beebs early morning forecast suggest rainfall could hang around over East Anglia & the East Midlands, thus the cloud shield could extend over the midlands, supressing convection...hopefully not the case!

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Clouds look very stormy to the North and North West, but don't know if they'll drop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Very dark clouds are across to the South and North of me all heading NE. Looks very stormy out there hopefully it'll kick off later this afternoon. Only time will tell :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Some big cumulonimbus clouds approaching Norwich associated with the more general rain on the front, not sure if it will thunder though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Looks to be a developing CB on the horizon to the West of Staffordshire. Probably over the North of Shropshire/South Cheshire. It grown from nothing in about 15 mins - anyone over that way confirm if it's upto much? Definitely looks promising in our area for later as the sun gets to work!

Nothing happening here, nothing on the radar either :)

Posted

Morning heavy rain cleared away now. sun shining now, whats the chance of heavy thundery showers here? or the rain tonight :) many thanks

Posted

I am on a photo shoot today so to busy to get involved with looking at the charts, modifying skew-t's, watching radar and building my hopes up. Which I am glad of to be honest I think it is one of those days where we sit and watch hour after hour and the majority of us miss out.

Saying that though Netweather forum, radar, sferics are all running in the back ground so I can keep at least one eye on what is happening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

The temperature has risen 3 degrees in one hour, sunny with some cumulus cloud. Risk is low but.. eh.. gotta hope!

Posted

looking at the latest GFS the most areas at risk tomorrow between 9-5pm is South Western areas & some parts of CS England, Wales and parts of the midlands, where cape values are higher.

My area has a 40/50% risk of storms tomorrow.

cape 600-700kj

lift index - 2

looking good so far.

Abit off topic anyone used either Skyscan P5 or strikealert V2?

Edited by Thundery Shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I think I may have more of a chance tomorrow .I really hope so as I'll be camping in a field lol. Sunshine and light showers so far here today but I'm not banking on anything.

I have the strike alert version 1 and it's rather knackered lol I stick me batteries down with blue tac. Always thought about getting another one but it's pointless now I don't get storms anymore.laugh.png

Posted

I think I may have more of a chance tomorrow .I really hope so as I'll be camping in a field lol. Sunshine and light showers so far here today but I'm not banking on anything.

I have the strike alert version 1 and it's rather knackered lol I stick me batteries down with blue tac. Always thought about getting another one but it's pointless now I don't get storms anymore.laugh.png

lol Your area looks pretty good for storms, so whats version 1 like? does it work?iv'e heard that it gets interference from electromagnetic devices like, PC, TV's ect..