Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25th into 26th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Been quite poor today here!! Just a couple of bog standard showers!!

Tomorrow was always meant to be the better day anyway, hoping the Met warnings shift east and cover me!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The thundery activity is interesting in the South Wales/Herefordshire area...Its drifting slowly NNE and moving into an area of enhanced surface Cape and lift, it might, repeat might intensify over the next hour or two, which is good news for parts of the west midlands (including me!) as it's heading for Worcs/Shrops/Staffs and then into cheshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Blitzortung is showing a fair few sferics about the UK recently. The main focus of attention currently appears to be cornwall and other parts of the southwest, so good luck to all of you down there.

I think the above is pretty much as suggested it would be by the TV and Netweather forecasts.

I'm not very hopeful of anything other than a bit of moderate rain overnight in Newbury but the precipitation developing over the Brest region of France catches my eye and seems an area to keep watching.

Kind Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Did i miss summat ? im not that far from you .. i know there was thunder in Kirtintilloch yesterday..but was this night time ?

I put it in the other thread. I was walking dogs at half 9 last night and I saw thw most amazing intercloud (as I was told it was) lightning display. There was something near Glasgow at the time apparently. Some of th flashes in that cloud was absolutely amazing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Loving the skies here:O line of showers coming straight for me

Posted

I put it in the other thread. I was walking dogs at half 9 last night and I saw thw most amazing intercloud (as I was told it was) lightning display. There was something near Glasgow at the time apparently. Some of th flashes in that cloud was absolutely amazing

Darn it..cheers John never seen or heard a thing here..if id known there was something in the area i would have been out for a walk myself.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quite a confusing picture tomorrow. NAE/Meto want an extensive area of rain over much of England but the GFS and NMM keep this reserved for the SE and far East thus allowing Thundery potential for Wales, SW, West Midlands and North Western Parts but if the NAE is right then thundery potential is restricted to the far West. I hope the GFS/NMM are right but knowing our luck the NAE will be right this time! laugh.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Just my bloody luck that I'm having to go out for a meal for my sister passing all her exams. I'll try get a window seat :D

The thundery activity is interesting in the South Wales/Herefordshire area...Its drifting slowly NNE and moving into an area of enhanced surface Cape and lift, it might, repeat might intensify over the next hour or two, which is good news for parts of the west midlands (including me!) as it's heading for Worcs/Shrops/Staffs and then into cheshire

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Nothing thundery or even showery today - quite a bright if breezy day. The Cbs have always been across Wales. I'm sure if the wind had more of a SW element we may catch something as there are plenty of sferics within striking distance (if you pardon the pun). Fingers crossed for later.

Posted

SE Wales is electric lol. Been waiting all year!

Posted

Torrential rain, thunder and CG lightning in Hereford.

Gone out of the no storms club in style.

I knew it:P Loads heading your way. If storms stay in the same track we're going to be getting it for a few hours hopefully.

Posted

I hope tomorrow delivers something as today has been rather dissappointing here!!

Met think storms will be in the same places again tomorrow, a little to west for me!!

Need to push it further east!! ( how often does a westerner say that ) lol!!

IMO tomorrow isn't looking as good as what it was here, but there is still potential!!

Can see the stormclouds in Wales though!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

CURSES!....drat & double drat!!....looks like those thundery showers over south/mid wales are going to pass to the west of here, I can see a long line of anvils, but looks like they're drifting due north now according to radar....Telford to Shrewsbury passing up towards Oswestry & Wrexham should get a nice show though

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Actually less confident now about seeing another storm. Looking at radar it's moving mostly northwards and turning away from me typically...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

CURSES!....drat & double drat!!....looks like those thundery showers over south/mid wales are going to pass to the west of here, I can see a long line of anvils, but looks like they're drifting due north now according to radar....Telford to Shrewsbury passing up towards Oswestry & Wrexham should get a nice show though

Yep, Precip not so intense right now anyway. Really dont know what to think about tomorrow. Probably fairly unlikely for us though.

Posted

Yep, Precip not so intense right now anyway. Really dont know what to think about tomorrow. Probably fairly unlikely for us though.

Ive gave up now, I did get excited just about that stuff coming out of Wales but i just don't hold out any hope for tommorow.

Posted

Well how disappointing that was,Huge angry clouds rolled in and did absolutely nothing,Mother Nature i hate you lol.

Sorry but I really can't see how you can moan, you've had some really good showers lately and some of us have yet again had nothing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Showers seem to be more to the west today, not sure if anything is going to head this way later or tomorrow.

Posted

Well how disappointing that was,Huge angry clouds rolled in and did absolutely nothing,Mother Nature i hate you lol.

We still have the thunderstorm symbol on the BBC site for tomorrow!!

Take bets to how long it is until it gets replaced by light shower.........?????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Although I'm a long way from the action there are some very odd cloud formations here on the East/West Sussex Coast border looks ominous out to sea accross thee channel, don't think we'll get anything this side of midnight in temrs of T&L , hopes are with tomorrow early morning ..enjoy the display elsewhere