Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25th into 26th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Rains now pushing up from the south, looks very messy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I'm expecting a bit more than light to moderate lol!!

Hehe the 12 miles from here to Norwich can make all the difference wink.png

Posted

Hehe the 12 miles from here to Norwich can make all the difference wink.png

Further North can also make a difference, I wonder whether they will actually call this one correctly, if the forcasts had been correct I'd have had about 35mm of rain so far this week, instead just under 10mm, so forecast vs actual is a pretty poor comparison

The main band over France is really starting to get its act together, cloud tops really growing now..

Seen the met check warning? Here it is for you just in case :)

Forecasters Warning

Heavy Thundery Rain

Areas Affected: East Anglia and southeast England.

Valid: Until 13:00 Friday 26th August 2011

This is a Weather Watch issued by Metcheck at 20:07 on Thursday 25th August 2011.

A spell of heavy and persistent rain associated with a waving weather system is expected to affect south-eastern parts of England during Thursday night and Friday morning.

Some of the rain will be very heavy at times with the risk of thunder, and will potentially bring over an inch (25mm) of rainfall in places in the above time period before the rain clears from the south during Friday morning. This will result in hazardous travelling conditions and bring the risk of some localised flooding.

This Weather Watch will expire at 13:00 on Friday 26th August 2011, but will likely be replaced with a new Weather Watch for north-eastern Scotland covering the weekend as persistent rain brings the risk of over 2 inches (50mm) of rain falling here on Saturday and Sunday and this will be accompanied by gale force winds

WARNING.jpg

Posted

Seen the met check warning? Here it is for you just in case smile.png

Forecasters Warning

Heavy Thundery Rain

Areas Affected: East Anglia and southeast England.

Valid: Until 13:00 Friday 26th August 2011

This is a Weather Watch issued by Metcheck at 20:07 on Thursday 25th August 2011.

A spell of heavy and persistent rain associated with a waving weather system is expected to affect south-eastern parts of England during Thursday night and Friday morning.

Some of the rain will be very heavy at times with the risk of thunder, and will potentially bring over an inch (25mm) of rainfall in places in the above time period before the rain clears from the south during Friday morning. This will result in hazardous travelling conditions and bring the risk of some localised flooding.

This Weather Watch will expire at 13:00 on Friday 26th August 2011, but will likely be replaced with a new Weather Watch for north-eastern Scotland covering the weekend as persistent rain brings the risk of over 2 inches (50mm) of rain falling here on Saturday and Sunday and this will be accompanied by gale force winds

WARNING.jpg

Ah I hadn't seen that, thank you!

Very heavy rain falling here currently in the past 2 minutes, quite intense actually!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A sferic just showed up on Bliztortung near Poole if anybody down can confirm this down there. good.gif

If so, it does seem the stuff that's made it over the english channel is actually electrified for once! ohmy.png

I live in hope for something thundery but at least there appears to be some pretty heavy rain about to think about.

Only 12.8c here at 10.30pm, DP 11.6c and falling slowly barometer reading of 1007.4mb

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Ah I hadn't seen that, thank you!

Very heavy rain falling here currently in the past 2 minutes, quite intense actually!

It started raining about 10 minutes ago and now stopped...But the ground is so so so wet it can't take anymore :/ My chick run this morning looked like a pond..Might be a lake when I wake up :/

Look in the bay of Biscay too..This is where that band is coming from too...All the best guys..Do I stay up now ?? ? ? ? ?HELP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The main band over France is really starting to get its act together, cloud tops really growing now..

Well spotted SM, I think CSE could get lucky for once with a Thunderclap or two. biggrin.png

Areas such as Hampshire (already taking a pummeling)/Berkshire/East Dorset/Sussex could be getting a damn good soaking tonight.

Take Care

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Further North can also make a difference, I wonder whether they will actually call this one correctly, if the forcasts had been correct I'd have had about 35mm of rain so far this week, instead just under 10mm, so forecast vs actual is a pretty poor comparison

I'll be reserving judgement until I actually see more than a period of moderate drizzle....

Posted

It started raining about 10 minutes ago and now stopped...But the ground is so so so wet it can't take anymore :/ My chick run this morning looked like a pond..Might be a lake when I wake up :/

Look in the bay of Biscay too..This is where that band is coming from too...All the best guys..Do I stay up now ?? ? ? ? ?HELP

Haha, I'm not sure if it is, like GTLTW says, could only be a clap of thunder here and there... Its more of a nowcasting feature again, but this time, the low Pressure is on the right side and won't disappear!

Well spotted SM, I think CSE could get lucky for once with a Thunderclap or two. biggrin.png

Areas such as Hampshire (already taking a pummeling)/Berkshire/East Dorset/Sussex could be getting a helleva soaking tonight.

Take Care

gottolovethisweather

Yeah just missed me by about 30 miles! Although just had a quite hefty downpour!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The BBC forecast certainly didn't look encouraging for thunderstorms here tomorrow with that pesky rain left over from tonight moving westwards!

I would love to be wrong though as there look to be some corkers around tomorrow further southwest and west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'll be reserving judgement until I actually see more than a period of moderate drizzle....

The 10:30 BBC forecast tonight is the same as the Metcheck one with heavy persistant rain hugging the SE/E coast (Kent to Norfolk)

It would be great if this comes to fruition, rather than the epic fail of a few days back!

Posted

The 10:30 BBC forecast tonight is the same as the Metcheck one with heavy persistant rain hugging the SE/E coast (Kent to Norfolk)

It would be great if this comes to fruition, rather than the epic fail of a few days back!

Indeed, I would like this to prove the metoffice/bbc wrong and produce a lightshow!

Normally when they don't forecast anything but rain, something totally different happens! rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

The BBC forecast certainly didn't look encouraging for thunderstorms here tomorrow with that pesky rain left over from tonight moving westwards!

I would love to be wrong though as there look to be some corkers around tomorrow further southwest and west.

Yea ITV weren't so keen either...met office also has Bristol for "white cloud" all day unknw.gif

Edited by Bugganuts

Posted

Just watched my local weather forecast on itv. Not once did they mention anything thundery in our region. I thought I was great position tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I think the main acivity will be over D&C and into south Wales again!! Don't feel too optimistic now!!

Notice the thunderstorm symbol has been replaced by the White cloud symbol now!!

We'll wait and see, but I'm finding little encouragement and support for anything IMBY tomorrow!