Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25th into 26th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Posted

Nah I think S Wales, SW England, and glouctershire will be the hotspot tommorow!

We still have the thunderstorm symbol on the BBC site for tomorrow!!

Take bets to how long it is until it gets replaced by light shower.........?????

Posted

Evening all,

Had some very heavy rain this morning, was a nightmare on the M27! Was similar to last Thursdays downpours!

I've noticed quite a active development over the Brest area... Worth keeping a close eye on this!

Currently cool and cloudy here, with a strengthening breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Take bets to how long it is until it gets replaced by light shower.........?????

It a given, soon know when they do the forecast in 10mins or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Nah I think S Wales, SW England, and glouctershire will be the hotspot tommorow!

If the showers/storms are going to be over South Wales and the south west again tomorrow then that should mean a chance for West Mids too as generally the showers are going to be moving NNE tomorrow therefore heading from me to you!! Lol!

Like today, although a little to far west for you ( and me ) the stuff in south Wales continued to mid Wales!!

We both need an eastwards shift of that LP over Eire!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yeah those areas for storms, just hope our area isnt under continuous heavy rain, could be a washout, bbc/meto give heavy rain all day, GFS it misses me to the east

Posted

Hi Raidansmile.png

A storm has to be where you're home is and where you reside the most and I'm sure Phil will clarify me on this.smile.png

I will indeed clarify that, Jane. However... I think if you work outside of your town or city then I suppose that would theoretically count. I will have to ask the boss what she thinks and make it a part of the NSC terms and conditions. :) But preferably a storm seen, be it a couple of miles out, or directly overhead in your own home location does count. Either way, thunder and lightning has to be seen and heard.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

If nothing happens tonight or tomorrow I'm writing an angry letter to storm headquarters.

I think it's going to be a messy day tomorrow on the radar!

Posted
  • Location: Reading/West Berkshire/South Oxfordshire/Tilehurst border. (Purley-on-Thames)
  • Location: Reading/West Berkshire/South Oxfordshire/Tilehurst border. (Purley-on-Thames)

Im sorry if I jinx anyone's chance acute.gif , or I was too lazy to read a few pages back, but what is the band of rain coming from Spain going to do? Dissipate? lazy.gif

Posted

Yeah those areas for storms, just hope our area isnt under continuous heavy rain, could be a washout, bbc/meto give heavy rain all day, GFS it misses me to the east

A bit of a rain shift conflict going on at present as to how far west the main area will travel. BBC are being elusive as usual. Central News, ITV and Channel 5 think it may spill as far west as east Wales. But we'll just have to wait and see who are the more accurate.

Personally I'd prefer the showers/thunderstorm sector around the centre hub of the LP.

Otherwise weather for Solihull so far has consisted of moderate morning rain and just a small shower about an hour ago. Can't see anything else occuring unless that area over east Wales fancies a evening trip to the West Midlands.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

How dissappointing. Went from T-Storms forecast on BBC for tomorrow and Saturday to light drizzle and sunny intervals.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I will indeed clarify that, Jane. However... I think if you work outside of your town or city then I suppose that would theoretically count. I will have to ask the boss what she thinks and make it a part of the NSC terms and conditions. smile.png But preferably a storm seen, be it a couple of miles out, or directly overhead in your own home location does count. Either way, thunder and lightning has to be seen and heard.

Phil.

Hmmm Phil,smile.png I still say it's got to be an overhead storm over ones house lol... but I don't think a mile out would be so bad.biggrin.png

Lol Glos ?

nonono.gif knowing my luck it probably wont happen, but it's going to be exciting to see if it one does decide to turn upwhistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A couple of new cells have popped up near worcester to the right flank of the more general area of ppn....Sferics are being detected from these new cells....on a direct line for Stourbridge/Wolverhampton/Stafford....As they're more of a 'pulse' type variety, it's probable they'll decay before they reach here, and the approaching dusk won't help, but in saying that (clutching at straws...lol) this does remind me somewhat of the May 9th setup so might yet be an interesting evening!

Posted

You be the boss, Jane, and the teaboy agrees with any final decision.

Now when Thor and Odin finally get back off their holiday, we might yet again see storms from Spanish plumes over a wide area. But what has surprised many of us this 'Summer' I think has been the frequency and intensity of storm activity in the north east of England. Now if it were snow then I'd be more inclined to understand. Hmmm!! Maybe Thor and Odin have been holidaying in the north east this year? :D

It's almost as if the, where you'd expect storms has gone almost bi-polar. Odd that!

Phil.

Posted

Some nice cells cropping up to my south, the same ones ajpoolshark is also looking at. All along the English/Welsh border appears to be the line the cells are moving up from so its a waiting game for now, see if nocturnal cooling in the coming hours can briefly intensify things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A couple of new cells have popped up near worcester to the right flank of the more general area of ppn....Sferics are being detected from these new cells....on a direct line for Stourbridge/Wolverhampton/Stafford....As they're more of a 'pulse' type variety, it's probable they'll decay before they reach here, and the approaching dusk won't help, but in saying that (clutching at straws...lol) this does remind me somewhat of the May 9th setup so might yet be an interesting evening!

Interesting. Where are you using for the Sferics. ATD, Blitz and NW show very few if any new strikes?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

You be the boss, Jane, and the teaboy agrees with any final decision.

Now when Thor and Odin finally get back off their holiday, we might yet again see storms from Spanish plumes over a wide area. But what has surprised many of us this 'Summer' I think has been the frequency and intensity of storm activity in the north east of England. Now if it were snow then I'd be more inclined to understand. Hmmm!! Maybe Thor and Odin have been holidaying in the north east this year? biggrin.png

It's almost as if the, where you'd expect storms has gone almost bi-polar. Odd that!

Phil.

Ok Phil,I'm going to make some new rules in the NSC lol

Anyway, it looks like I have rain on the way according to the radar let's hope it intensifies lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Radar says it should be raining here but of course its bone dry at ground level. Some quite dark clouds and some small torrential cells just to my South around Worcester.

Posted

BBC Wales have just said some moderate showers for Cardiff/S Wales tomorrow.

Had a lovely storm about 3.45 today. Shame I was in work - everybody looked at me as if i was mad when i shot up out of my seat to the window!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not entirely sure why but my gut instinct is fairly optimistic for thunder tonight, in spite of GFS' lack of enthusiasm!

Hmm...will wait and see?

Posted

There are some heavy cells crossing the channel at the moment but I don't think they have any activity in them though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The midlands cells are dying a rapid death now unfortunately....ho hum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Some heavy rain heading my way within the next half an hour by the looks of things. Best get the hound walked. Dewpoint and humidity have risen ever so slightly.

Posted

wow! we have a stunning orange sky to the west and a beautiful rainbow to the east :)

Not entirely sure why but my gut instinct is fairly optimistic for thunder tonight, in spite of GFS' lack of enthusiasm!

Hmm...will wait and see?

fingers crossed :)