Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2012 UK Drought

Posted

Yeah I recon before that!

Woah! that rainband is getting very close to our region.............wonder how it's gonna choose to fizzle out (usually over Brum).

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I'll believe it when I see it!

thursday looking like a horrid wet day for W midlands, but E midlands probably missing ouy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Woah! that rainband is getting very close to our region.............wonder how it's gonna choose to fizzle out (usually over Brum).

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

It`s uncanny how we keep missing the heavy rain as these fronts come in from the Atlantic.

It looks like weakening as it comes through but i guess we will get an hour or two of mainly light rain and then god knows when we will get any appreciable rain again.

Posted

It`s uncanny how we keep missing the heavy rain as these fronts come in from the Atlantic.

It looks like weakening as it comes through but i guess we will get an hour or two of mainly light rain and then god knows when we will get any appreciable rain again.

Hopefully it's saving it's self up for the mother of all snowstorms this winter :D

Posted

Getting some very welcome, albeit light rain here. Don't want to frighten it away!

Hopefully it's saving it's self up for the mother of all snowstorms this winter biggrin.png

We'll need a few feet of snow to make up!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The front is much weaker now, just patchy light to moderate rain over the SW Midlands currently. Story of 2011 really!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

2.7 mm overnight more forecast tonight and Thursday at the moment.

Posted

2.7 mm overnight more forecast tonight and Thursday at the moment.

About the same here. Fingers crossed for Thursday — of course, if it's a real deluge the rain will all run off into the ditches and won't really do any good. At least last night it came down slowly and wetted the ground.

Posted

Can anyone with more knowledge than me explained why the low and associated front stalled just out west of the UK, deluging the SW and West Wales over a number of days and then totally changed by suddenly moving really quite rapidly west and at the same time weakening very substantially? Why the sudden change from stalled but highly active front to quite fast moving but weak?

(According to the official station in my area, nil, yes, nil rain so far since midnight, although I thought it looked damp underfoot when I left).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

0.8mm last night....settled the dust. The rain hung to the coast, about 10 miles east of me for a good few hours. The drought goes on here........

Posted

Only 0.6 mm of rain yesterday. The Thunderstorm and showers took look one look at Sheffield and either fizzled out or gave a large birth to the area.

Posted

With the rain we had last night, we're just over the 20mm mark for October, so still extremely dry.

Posted

Just looked at the radar and there is a nice trough just to our south that's developing and heading this way.

And hopefully, the rain tomorrow should help to drag us out of the drought a bit, we shall see.

http://www.meteox.co.uk/images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop1uur&c=&n=&tijdid=20098252232

Posted

The deficit seems to have started to redress itself, with a thoroughly wet day across the Midlands, half an inch in parts today.

Rainfall should be above average during early November too.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

3.5 mm so far today with some unexpected light rainfall this evening which seemed to confuse drivers. A little more to come before it clears away tonight.

Posted

Our next thread will be titled 'Midlands and East Anglian Floods' no doubt?

I'm very glad of the rain though, means I may be able to go mushrooming this year after all? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

5-10mm across most of the Midlands today. Decent enough I suppose after how dry it has been all year but then the outlook does not look to offer much rain still with drips and drabs here and there never amounting too much so today will make up for quite little imo. Really, the persistent overall dry conditions continue imo.

Posted

46mm of rain now for the month, but with it looking dry here for the next few days i doubt my area will quite manage to hit 50mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

sat24 indicates the cloud should finally depart ne england at 9/10pm after a day of stratus, drizzle and at times heavier showers.

Current temperature is 9.1c with a humidity level of 94%.

Posted

We currently have just under 40ml for the month of October, last nights front broke up before reaching here so we only received 0.3ml which barely wet the ground. Lots of natural ponds are still either very low or empty around here.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Rainfall is average for the month here, we have had a couple of 'Cheshire gap' days which make all the difference and fronts have tended to reach here before fizzling out.

yeah 6th and 19th were horrid days, maybe not as wet here, but the wettest setup is high moving in from the SW,

Posted

Annoys me that people 'up north' keep on trying to tell us that the 'massive' change in rainfall patterns since 2007 is all in my mind??

Please tell me I'm right.........we have had some extraodinarily low rainfall the last few years?

Edited by cyclonic happiness