Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties And East Anglia Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

ha i see lowestoftians are all over here, i'm near Yarmouth and I got confused in the three counties thread, so ill stay over here. Reports from Reedham of heavy snow half an hour ago now stopped.

Posted

Happy birthday Silver Line!

I agree with Hughsey and hopefully the projected cloud won't reach this region until the morning, I reckon it could get down to -3C or so in one or two spots before cloud cover increases.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Happy birthday Silver Line!

I agree with Hughsey and hopefully the projected cloud won't reach this region until the morning, I reckon it could get down to -3C or so in one or two spots before cloud cover increases.

Manthanks ben.I have posted this in the forecast thread...But thought i would post in here aswell This guy must know something we all don't,hE IS NOT GIVING UP.

Sunday 18th December 2011

White Christmas 2011 and Widespread Snow

After the first significant falls of snow across many parts of the UK this week as forecast (including the south), I am expecting these conditions to become more prominent as we head into next week, and in the run up to and during the festive period.

Over the next 10 days, widespread snowfall will start to become a prominent feature across many parts of the UK including the south. The snow will be particularly heavy at times and lead to lasting accumulations at many lower levels too, especially more so in the regions of Scotland, northern England, and eastern England.

As I stated in my 4th December update

I am expecting things to significantly change to a more prolonged period of much colder weather with widespread snowfall across many parts of the UK and Ireland, as we head into the latter part of next week and in the run up to and during the festive period. The temperatures in Scotland and many Northern regions are likely to dip below negative double figures at times within this period in the evenings.

A white Christmas is also looking increasingly possible across many parts of the UK, especially more so in the regions of Scotland and Northern England in terms of any possible accumulations on the actual day.

The following MSN article from the 25th Novemberalso stated

What is The Big Question?

Christmas lights have been switched on all over the country; mince pies are now part of a staple diet, so the annual obsession of foraging for clues to predict the weather intensifies as people inevitably want to know will we have a white Christmas? Madden predicts we will, although heavier snowfall and low temperatures will stun the country throughout January and February.

I also made a definition of what a white Christmas officially consists of, as snow showers could literally be possible anywhere within the UK, although I have emphasised that the regions of Scotland and Northern England are the most likely to see any notable accumulations on the actual day.

All of the following statements still stand and were made before any other professional meteorologists or weather organisations, who are still being noncommittal on the outcome at this late stage, and as they will continue to do so, until a few days before.

May I take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and thank you all for reading my forecasts and your continued support.

Don't forget to enter our free white Christmas competition to win yourself a free scientific weather station/junior weather station kit.

Edited by silver line

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Sun 18th Dec forecast, sadly cannot see that coming off, all models against it away from Scotland, even Scotland looks mild at times

Posted

Manthanks ben.I have posted this in the forecast thread...But thought i would post in here aswell This guy must know something we all don't,hE IS NOT GIVING UP.

Sunday 18th December 2011

White Christmas 2011 and Widespread Snow

After the first significant falls of snow across many parts of the UK this week as forecast (including the south), I am expecting these conditions to become more prominent as we head into next week, and in the run up to and during the festive period.

Over the next 10 days, widespread snowfall will start to become a prominent feature across many parts of the UK including the south. The snow will be particularly heavy at times and lead to lasting accumulations at many lower levels too, especially more so in the regions of Scotland, northern England, and eastern England.

As I stated in my 4th December update

I am expecting things to significantly change to a more prolonged period of much colder weather with widespread snowfall across many parts of the UK and Ireland, as we head into the latter part of next week and in the run up to and during the festive period. The temperatures in Scotland and many Northern regions are likely to dip below negative double figures at times within this period in the evenings.

A white Christmas is also looking increasingly possible across many parts of the UK, especially more so in the regions of Scotland and Northern England in terms of any possible accumulations on the actual day.

The following MSN article from the 25th Novemberalso stated

What is The Big Question?

Christmas lights have been switched on all over the country; mince pies are now part of a staple diet, so the annual obsession of foraging for clues to predict the weather intensifies as people inevitably want to know will we have a white Christmas? Madden predicts we will, although heavier snowfall and low temperatures will stun the country throughout January and February.

I also made a definition of what a white Christmas officially consists of, as snow showers could literally be possible anywhere within the UK, although I have emphasised that the regions of Scotland and Northern England are the most likely to see any notable accumulations on the actual day.

All of the following statements still stand and were made before any other professional meteorologists or weather organisations, who are still being noncommittal on the outcome at this late stage, and as they will continue to do so, until a few days before.

May I take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and thank you all for reading my forecasts and your continued support.

Don't forget to enter our free white Christmas competition to win yourself a free scientific weather station/junior weather station kit.

So he is saying it is going to snow this week, when it is due to get warmer :nea: , even i know that does'nt make sense! Did he post that today???

Happy Birthday by the way.

Edited by WheresTheSnow

Posted

So he is saying it is going to snow this week, when it is due to get warmer :nea: , even i know that does'nt make sense! Did he post that today???

Yes he did WTS, Sometime late this afternoon. In fairness he has not been that far off at all so far. however as for the mild spell coming in i do not believe it will be a spell more of a blip. Like i posted earlier keep your eye's on the model thread later this week and so on up to xmas and new year.

SL

Who made this forecast ???????????

James Madden. Google EXACTA WEATHER. He is not that bad to be honest Shotski.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Could someone who is not as thick as me post the latest ECM t240 Northern hem pressure chart, looks interesting.

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jason T, December 18, 2011 - Image not workinb sorry
Hidden by Jason T, December 18, 2011 - Image not workinb sorry

Could someone who is not as thick as me post the latest ECM t240 Northern hem pressure chart, looks interesting.

Here you go.

ECH1-240.GIF?18-0

Edited by silver line
Posted

Yes he did WTS, Sometime late this afternoon. In fairness he has not been that far off at all so far. however as for the mild spell coming in i do not believe it will be a spell more of a blip. Like i posted earlier keep your eye's on the model thread later this week and so on up to xmas and new year.

SL

James Madden. Google EXACTA WEATHER. He is not that bad to be honest Shotski.

Ok Thank you Silver Line, I know I should'nt get excited but if hes been close with his predictions lately, who knows, anyone know where/or what charts hes looked at to find this information. As for the milder spell does it arrive tommrow evening and gone by thursday morning?

Posted

My Forecast for christmas day.

Max temp 5 degrees

Min temp 1 degrees

Afternoon light rain

light wind N/W

overcast skies

High pressure in the mid atlantic and low pressure over Norway.

Person with the most accurate forecast wins a half eaten box off ferrero rocher :good:

Edited by shotski

Posted

Minimum temperature achieved last night heere was -1.5, already down to -2 now and falling. Very nice heavy frost since about 7 here.

Ice is going to be a threat tomorrow so take care!

Posted

Cold wet and grey here in Peterborough xxx

Same here Mrsf16. Cold, wet and miserable. I have a chilli in the slow cooker though, for a warming meal later.

Silverline, Happy Birthday for yesterday. Hope you had a sparkling day. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just in case any of you lovely people in the 3C & EA have missed tonight's exciting announcement....

The free version of NW Rainfall Radar is now live here...

http://www.netweathe...ion=radar;sess=

Welcome to the new free weather radar on Netweather - updated every 15 minutes and using the same technology as our V6 radar in Netweather Extra, tracking the latest weather situation has now become a whole lot easier.

Posted

Just in case any of you lovely people in the 3C & EA have missed tonight's exciting announcement....

Welcome to the new free weather radar on Netweather - updated every 15 minutes and using the same technology as our V6 radar in Netweather Extra, tracking the latest weather situation has now become a whole lot easier.

Well that is excellent news, that is now going to be by far the best free radar there is!

Posted

Wow thats great, thanks very much!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

For many days now we have been told we are in for a mild set up over christmas and into the new year.

So what does that guy on exacta weather know that we dont??

Posted

For many days now we have been told we are in for a mild set up over christmas and into the new year.

So what does that guy on exacta weather know that we dont??

I think he knows how to grab the headlines, apart from that I'm not realy sure ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Theres alot of interesting talk on the models thread!

Posted

Theres alot of interesting talk on the models thread!

Well all i can say at the moment is there are change's appearing and this mild spell will probably turn into a very short one. As i have said though keep eyes on model thread. the fun is just begining.