Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties And East Anglia Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Woke up to light covering on the grass here in Latimer, now snowing which appears to be getting heavier. Just need it to be more steady than this to cover. Temp 0.5. Love living in the Chilterns as we always get something due to the hilly nature of the area.

Much happier this year as in 2010 I had a baby due on Christmas day and was more or less housebound by the snow.

Posted

lucky you ben, Peterborough snow shield has held strongly today.

Sorry to hear about that mate! :( Maybe the cold air will undercut the front at your location soon?

Radar is looking somewhat better than a couple of hours ago, maybe I could get a covering out of this?

Posted

Snowing here in Sawbridgeworth. Which has pleased the boy as he heads off to school for last day before Christmas. All good.

Posted

An inch or so in Dunstable... although can still see some grass poking through the snow... the roads are fine and it turned more to rain as got nearer to MK. Christmas Carol concert at work and departmental Christmas do this afternoon... it feels very festive... :smilz38:

Posted
Woke up to light covering on the grass here in Latimer, now snowing which appears to be getting heavier. Just need it to be more steady than this to cover. Temp 0.5. Love living in the Chilterns as we always get something due to the hilly nature of the area. Much happier this year as in 2010 I had a baby due on Christmas day and was more or less housebound by the snow.

Heavy snow now, and settling! Yes!

Posted

My dog is scared and jumped on my bed! He's a german shepherd! Lol! Good inch on some surfaces now, heavy snow still falling - I think I've done well out of this!!

Posted

My dog is scared and jumped on my bed! He's a german shepherd! Lol! Good inch on some surfaces now, heavy snow still falling - I think I've done well out of this!!

Hopefully that will all be heading my way!

Edit: Its coming down thick and fast now!

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

sleet in colchester, essex

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Snow in Stortford, but not settling except on the coldest surfaces.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Snowing quite thick and fast here now....still a bit wet and slushy but lovely to see snowflakes falling in daylight hours :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

Now Snow on Severalls Industrial Park :good:

Turning more to snow and getting heavier now. Temp 1c :acute:

Edited by final dest

Posted

I've just travelled from Grafham in West Cambs to Fulbourn and it's weird there are some areas where is hasn't settled and others where it's lovely and white. It snowed heavily throughout the journey. Just starting to settle in Fulbourn, yet it was a whiteout in Cambourne. Even in St Neots - one half of the town was green and the other half white - even though it's snowing heavily everywhere. Let's hope it carries on for a little while longer

Edited by icy toes

Posted

Had heavy snow for about half an hour but not settled - the ground is saturated. Very pretty though :D

Posted

Heavier again now - but ithink that means it's approaching te final burst looking at the radar...still, so nice to see - have generally 2-4cms on grass and cars and a dusting on roads. Happy bunny.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

Snowing for the last couple of hours here outside Saffron Walden. Now a good white, but wet covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Gone from a sleety mix to just snow now here in East Suffok (about 14 miles from the coast as the crow flies). Very light, but snow all the same....nice to see, didn't expect to see anything this side of Christmas. Temperature dropping fairly steadily, now 1.1C, down from 2.6C at 7.30am.

BBC seemed to think that it will be showery right into the evening on he East Coast....so still a chance for the temperature to drop further and give a dusting!

Now 1.0C

Just imagine if the low had arrived tonight not tomorrow! Would have over 20cms by now!!

* not yesterday

The reason the temperatures have dropped is because of the low dragging in colder air on its back edge....so wouldn't have made any difference.

As always though, if the temperature had have been just a degree colder, many places would be seeing settling snow today.

Edited by suffolkboy_