Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties And East Anglia Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Would you say Watford is on high ground, lol, im sure this is a silly question, but really, I dont have a clue. :sorry:

Have a look here....

http://www.earthtools.org/

Posted

Would you say Watford is on high ground, lol, im sure this is a silly question, but really, I dont have a clue. sorry.gif

Erm i'm not sure what sort of elevation Watford is?

I think the chances should be better come early tomorrow morning once the colder air is dragged down from the passing of the LP,

LOL at the Lamp post watcher guy hehe, :rofl:

Posted

LOL Meltz! I feel your pain... the one outside my bedroom window is too!! Been meaning to report it for ages.... xxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Nooooooooooo ..........we can't have the 'lamp post watcher' of Leighton Buzzard out of action :doh:

Hope you've called the Council already and told them it's an emergency !!

:) welcome back Mr Meltz !!

It probably is the council MK, They took a bulb out of every other street light........KILLJOYS, ba humbug. :rofl:

No hard feelngs Meltz.

Anyway ITV Weather, 2 to 5cm with a max of 10cm ...YES 10cm for higher ground. :smilz38:

Posted

Hi MKSnowangel,

How was the panto, my family enjoyed it last Saturday whilst I spent a couple of hours walking around MK shopping centre. I would think a few people in MK can no longer lamp post watch as they have switched a number of to save money.

Temperature id 4.7c here and pressure falling.

Hi, It was fantastic thank you, Paul Burling who played Wishee Washee was hilarious, I really liked him on Britain's Got Talent !

Light Drizzle here at the moment -

Temperature 3.4 °C

Dew Point 2 °C

Pressure 991.8 hPa (falling)

Pleased to report my lamp post is fully functional :good:

Erm i'm not sure what sort of elevation Watford is?

Probably not as high as Luton but higher than Bedford, I guess ?

It probably is the council MK, They took a bulb out of every other street light........KILLJOYS, ba humbug. :rofl:

Not in residential area's they haven't, only on the grid roads and then not on junctions or roundabouts or on redways (a network of over 270 km of safe paths generally surfaced with red tarmac that criss-cross the entire city of Milton Keynes used by cyclists and walkers)...and defiantly not outside my house...they wouldn't dare !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

well it's raining here in good ol northampton....nothing new there then. To make it worse, I have 3 'narnia' type lamposts right outside my house but no snow to go with them. Is that a curse or what?

Posted

LOL Meltz! I feel your pain... the one outside my bedroom window is too!! Been meaning to report it for ages.... xxx

Oh please, not you out of action as well Mrsf16....it's the snow shield you need to break not the lamp post :nonono:

Posted

Would you say Watford is on high ground, lol, im sure this is a silly question, but really, I dont have a clue. :sorry:

The highest point in the county is 803 feet (245 m) above sea level, a quarter mile .... Examples include Scammell, (formerly of Watford), DRG (Hemel Hempstead) ...

:drinks:

Posted

Oh please, not you out of action as well Mrsf16....it's the snow shield you need to break not the lamp post :nonono:

It's my own fault. It's been broken for months!!! I knew I should have reported it! :( Will be up and down to watch the next nearest one!! hhahahaha xx

Posted

Hi, It was fantastic thank you, Paul Burling who played Wishee Washee was hilarious, I really liked him on Britain's Got Talent !

Light Drizzle here at the moment -

Temperature 3.4 °C

Dew Point 2 °C

Pressure 991.8 hPa (falling)

Pleased to report my lamp post is fully functional good.gif

Probably not as high as Luton but higher than Bedford, I guess ?

Not in residential area's they haven't, only on the grid roads and then not on junctions or roundabouts or on redways (a network of over 270 km of safe paths generally surfaced with red tarmac that criss-cross the entire city of Milton Keynes used by cyclists and walkers)...and defiantly not outside my house...they wouldn't dare !!

Something like that yah,

Watford is definitely lower ground then Luton just not sure what, Luton is 160m, then we drop back down en route to Bedford & MK, saying that Bedford is reading similar temps, further north slightly etc

Currently 3C /2C dew point 991mb here

The lamp post out side says sleet with the odd flake still, come on cold air where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Should my lam post go down i have a trusty floodlight back up system out the front & back, the last resort will be to actually move from my comfy chair and actually go out to check, god forbid that ever happens tonight, i will not be happy at all

Edited by DavidHB

Posted

As there probably won't be any snowfall until later on in the night/early morning I'm going to call it a night. Hopefully I will be able to come back on to some good developments around 4-5am! :D

I'm 11m ASL. I win :rofl:

Posted

Parts of Peterborugh are actually below sea level I believe!! hahahhhahahaha I must be in the "lucky" high elevation area!! LOL xxx

Posted

The highest point in the county is 803 feet (245 m) above sea level, a quarter mile .... Examples include Scammell, (formerly of Watford), DRG (Hemel Hempstead) ...

:drinks:

Didnt realise that, Thanks for the reply, i thought Luton was above Watford, massive hill going into St.Albans gives me that clue, and thanks too MK Snow Angel for the reply, I just tried the link, also thnaks DavidHB for the reply :D.

Edited by WheresTheSnow

Posted

Peterborough                                        

Current Temp: 2.2°C

rising.gif

Dew Point: 1.3°C

rising.gif

Using http://www.peterboroughweatherwatch.com/ as well? And time for bed I think, good luck to everyone.

Posted

Humidity: 93 % Dew Point: 0°c (0°f) Pressure: 29.36 " (994 hpa) Visiblity: 5.6miles (9km) Length of Day: 7h 51m Temp feels like: 3°c (37°f)

Posted

Hi looking like temps going to have us in the east with just boring rain.Low seems to tracking further south than first thought :bad:

Posted

now casting useing netweather radar looks to be on course for le harve - calais impact for the low's centre.Tracking germanys way

Posted

some are saying it is tracking further north ?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/