Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties And East Anglia Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well folks for now nothing to jump and down about. Pretty much average temps from tuesday. However winter far from over keep your eyes on the model thread around xmas and new year week. pattern change is looming and has winter writen all over it.

SL :smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well folks for now nothing to jump and down about. Pretty much average temps from tuesday. However winter far from over keep your eyes on the model thread around xmas and new year week. pattern change is looming and has winter writen all over it.

SL :smiliz19:

I like your optimistic viewing of the coming new year period!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Some very icy roads/pavements round here this morning as expected, some wintry precipitation in the air when I walked the dogs and the heavy frost has been slow to clear.

Seeing snow fall yesterday I feel like a junkie in need of a fix.....I want more :crazy:

I have visitors today so I might have to take them to MK Xscape after lunch and pay the SNOzone a visit - there is 1500 tonnes of real snow in there.....it's just not the same though *sigh*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Hope you have a great time!

Btw micheal fish says to watch the cheshire gap streamer?I have looked this up and is there any chance this could effect(bring snow) to us in s east?thanks.

Posted

Unfortunately not, and the temperature profile suggests that any showers today in this region are more likely to be of rain (had a slightly sleety shower this morning).

It was quite frosty this morning with another frost tonight (sharper than this morning's frost) and another sunny day tomorrow.

Looking further ahead, it looks like the general pattern will flatten out, with the Azores High ridging in towards the south and low pressure to the north, giving quite murky weather with rain at times, though it will be mild, particularly mid-week. Monday is looking like a raw day with temperatures not getting higher than 4-5C, and rain arriving later in the day. Temperatures could get into double figures by Wednesday though it should cool down by Christmas eve.

Bit too early to say what Christmas day will be like in terms of the weather. My guess would be a rather average December day with temperatures maxing out between 6-8C with the chance of some rain showers during the day, sadly it looks pretty much certain we won't be having a white christmas this year!

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted

Hope you have a great time!

Btw micheal fish says to watch the cheshire gap streamer?I have looked this up and is there any chance this could effect(bring snow) to us in s east?thanks.

post-10773-0-58117300-1324136485_thumb.g

There is a Streamer on the NAE for tomorrow, no snow showing for the eastern counties though !

It has been a really lovely winters day here but it's starting to get quite chilly now...another cold frosty night to come :cold:

Temperature 3.8 °C

Windchill 1 °C

Dew Point 1 °C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Interesting clump of showers just off Lincs/Norfolk coast. Would expect a little bit of wintriness as this ppn hits land. Any news on that score, in those areas.

http://www.meteox.co.uk/images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop1uur&c=&n=&tijdid=20111217197

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Its snowing quite nicely in Norwich. Laying too! :)

Really........?

Posted

The Norwich market and Millenium Plain webcams are showing a few white areas that weren't there 30 minutes ago but it doesn't look anything much yet.

John

Posted

Hahahah Peterborough is always too far East for the snow that get the midlands, and too far west for the stuff that comes off the coast! hahaahah :) Enjoy xxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Indeed the latest Norwich Weather Centre metars have been rain, snow and now just snow. I haven't seen the last radar pics but here's hoping you can manage some lying snow and maybe a couple of centimetres lying this evening, marginality in Norwich should not be a problem with colder uppers arriving by the second.

Posted

Lets be realistic here, it has been snowing here in Norwich but at the moment, not enough to settle to any amount measurable, instant melt on the roads and a slight whiteness to the grass and my car but thats it for now. Unusual that Norwich had any at all, its usually rain starved!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter / snow

Current temperature is 1.3c and snow turned back to sleet/rain. Not settled, just slush on the bin lids. If it freezes tonight it's going to be very slippery tomorrow morning

Posted

well might get a bit of the side of that streamer afterall?

Unless its from somewhere else,mo forcast snow about midday,heavy for ipswich:)just up the road.

And now showing heavy for colchester yee!

Edited by Samantha Jane Lindsey

Posted

Great Cm and m/o said sleet at midday for bedford, is it settling yet?very frozen outside.

Posted

Morning all,

Light snow showers/graupel here which is settling on the thick frost - looks quite pretty :angel:

Posted

Its snowing oh my god. On my birthday again. Mind you we all know what happend a year ago today. :w00t:

Edited by silver line