Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties And East Anglia Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Its snowing oh my god. On my birthday again. Mind you we all know what happend a year ago today. :w00t:

Happy Birthday :smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Snow settling on frosty patches in the garden here - didn't expect this today - radar looks promising for half and hour or so but temps are rising and the flakes are getting bigger... 50p size now

edit £2 coin ! never seen flakes this big before

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Happy Birthday :smiliz19:

Manythanks MK.

Posted

Its snowing oh my god. On my birthday again. Mind you we all know what happend a year ago today. :w00t:

Happy Biiiiiirthday!!! :D xxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

10mins ago:

looking out into the garden - £2 size clumps of snow flakes falling...

prob the last snow I'll see this side of Christmas )-: but nice none the less

Fingers crossed for more surprises

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Happy Birthday. Did you know you share it with Keith Richards :air_kiss: of the Rolling Stones? He's 68.

It's snowing here and settling moderately well. Very strange, as in 2009, it snowed on December 17th and I think last year as well. So much for the even larger teapot — that's 3 or 4 years in a row where we've had lying snow the week before Christmas. I can't remember that, even in my childhood.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Interesting 20 minutes or so. Some of the biggest snowflakes I've seen for many a year here. A pleasant surprise for all here, esp our young lad. Snowing with some blue sky now.

Posted

Hope you have a great time!

Btw micheal fish says to watch the cheshire gap streamer?I have looked this up and is there any chance this could effect(bring snow) to us in s east?thanks.

It certainly did a couple of years ago, I was watching the radar and saw it advancing diagonally across the country. Whether it reached Colchester, I'm not sure, but it reached my location and gave us an inch of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Happy Birthday. Did you know you share it with Keith Richards :air_kiss: of the Rolling Stones? He's 68.

It's snowing here and settling moderately well. Very strange, as in 2009, it snowed on December 17th and I think last year as well. So much for the even larger teapot — that's 3 or 4 years in a row where we've had lying snow the week before Christmas. I can't remember that, even in my childhood.

The Peterborough snow shield holds again! Congats to everyone who got snow and Happy Birthday^

Manythanks. Wish i was keith richards. :rofl: .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's turned out really nice in MK this afternoon with plenty of blue sky and sunshine, but still a very cold day, even with the sun the temperature here has only managed to reach 3.5°C

So just a reminder that with temperatures due to fall again tonight this region is under a yellow warning for ice so please take care on the roads and paths....

Yellow Warning of Ice for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Luton, Peterborough, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk, Thurrock & Southend-on-Sea

valid from 1200 Sun 18 Dec to 1100 Mon 19 Dec

Yellow Warning of Ice for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Oxfordshire, Southampton, West Berkshire, Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Milton Keynes, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Kent & Medway

valid from 1200 Sun 18 Dec to 1100 Mon 19 Dec

http://www.metoffice...CE8317AAA5_1_EE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Snowing lightly here now after a few snow showers this morning - been a lovely day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

well we finally got our first snow of the winter this morning in Northampton. Okay it only lasted 5 minutes but it was a surprise and better than nothing. Here's the vid...!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

Snowing heavily here in Lowestoft. Agree with you Random Images, looks like we could be in for a covering by morning before the temperature rises!

This North Sea shower chain has happened before and caught us by surprise; the Met Office always forgets us!

Edited by Ian Suffolk

Posted

Manythanks. Wish i was keith richards. :rofl: .

Wish I was Patty Hansen, his wife — I love him. :wub:

The snow's lasted a bit in the ruts of farm tracks, but not enough of it to really make a Christmas scene.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

Snowing heavily here in Lowestoft. Agree with you Random Images, looks like we could be in for a covering by morning before the temperature rises!

This North Sea shower chain has happened before and caught us by surprise; the Met Office always forgets us!

Yes the Met Office see the radar images showing snow in the North Sea but forget that we stick out into the North Sea.