Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Southern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

indeed should be interesting... duno what you will get tho... is all that snow rain in wales meant to drop back? if so we could actually get a fair bit.

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

meto still have me down for heavy snow :)

anyone in Gloucester still awake? isit snow our rain there?

Edited by lfcdude

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Well, goodnight all. I'm away to my bed and hope to wake to a white world in the morning. :acute: Temp 5.1, DP 4.3, wind now Northerly and pressure 976mb.

Apparently there have been 90mph gusts on the Western coasts of France! :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I see i'm not the only one still up, all I'll see is rain I expect but I'll hang around for a bit longer and see what that area of precipitation coming in from Wales decides to drop.

Posted

Like Smartie, I'm expecting rain (secretly hoping for something better!)

temp: 2.6C

DP: 1.7C

If the dew point doesn't drop below zero then I fear for the worst here. Seen it so many times before. Maybe evaporative cooling might help. Heavy ppn to drag down the colder isothermal layer? All that shizzle.

Would be nice to see a dusting but I think all eyes on the strato forecast and something a bit colder in mid-Jan. Though I always hate the easterleys down here - they never deliver unless we get cold air embedded and then some kind of channel low or westerley bump into it like the Bristol Channel streamer of a couple of years back.

edit: I'm being Right IMBY here. Many surrounding areas at height will probably do well. Heck everywhere around Bristol did well december last year - but not Bristol itself. Year before we had a beautiful streamer, though, so it's all swings and roundabouts.

Good luck to the surrounding areas with height!

Edited by kumquat

Posted

I see i'm not the only one still up, all I'll see is rain I expect but I'll hang around for a bit longer and see what that area of precipitation coming in from Wales decides to drop.

rain our snow?

Radar just turn a hell of alot pink :)

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

Plain old rain here, not even a sign of sleet, might turn a bit wintry later in the night, beeb did have patches of white around here on their forecast for around 5-6am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Q bar...surely revs trumps that

On a Thursday? Propaganda? Absolutely not!

Anyway, just spent 20 mins walking home in just a t-shirt - it's BBQ weather out there! :p

Posted

Would be nice to see a flake or two falling but currently rain, which I was expecting anyway.

Posted

Would be nice to see a flake or two falling but currently rain, which I was expecting anyway.

Thats one reason why i would never live by a beach must be so frustrating!

Posted

Thats one reason why i would never live by a beach must be so frustrating!

Lol we get snow here under the right setup, had snow on the ground.from the 17th to the 26th of December last year.

Rain turning sleety now.

Edited by Smartie

Posted

It's getting more wintry here by the minute, can see some some fairly big flakes falling at times but still rain mixed in

Posted

Yep pretty much all snow here now too, just seen a gritter going up the road as well.

Started to sleet/snow. First falling flakes in nearly 12 months to the day! Temp 1.2/0.2 and falling 1C in last 30mins

Yep pretty much all snow here now too, just seen a gritter going up the road as well.

Wow even that low down and near the coast?

Posted

Light snow in Bristol too. Just woken up to check out. Flurries at the moment but from what I see on car it must have been a bit more intense before. Nothing major of course but still nice...! :good::lazy: :lazy: :lazy:

Temperature down to +1.1 C

Edited by leon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Its anowing up here and its settling!!! :air_kiss: :air_kiss:

How did this happen so fast? Is colder air ahead of schedule? Seems alot of ppn in wales still??

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Its anowing up here and its settling!!! :air_kiss: :air_kiss:

How did this happen so fast? Is colder air ahead of schedule? Seems alot of ppn in wales still??

Glade you got up? i have tried taking vids on my mob but its bit to dark, not settling here tho.. accept for on cars lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Glade you got up? i have tried taking vids on my mob but its bit to dark, not settling here tho.. accept for on cars lol

It was not easy and I did not expect it to be turning white outside! :lazy:

Steady snow here at moment although it looks like a gap coming soon. Its strugling to settle on pavements still but everything else is white.

Question is how much is to come?