Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The rain has got that little bit heavier in last 10 minutes, looked sleety at times. Temperature @ 2.6c, Dew Point @ 0.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Temperature now starting to drop having hovered around 3C for the last few hours. Fingers crossed guys!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm already addicted to the forums :D Work has been v quiet this week so have had 5 hours a day to browse the forums and learn... I had no idea it was as interesting as it is.... Very addicted now!!!

Thanks for the help with everything - any beginners websites that you know of, please let me know! Thanks :)

Not sure what the link is called, but there is also a learners area if someone could perhaps provide a link to Sungirl. B)

Currently 3.5c AT, 3.1c DP, 985,2hpa AP and falling rapidly. 4.4mm thus far and a few hours more to come.

Let's hope the wraparound is still on as indeed it's turning to snow in parts of the west. :yahoo:

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

Temperature - 2.9C

Dewpoint - 1.7C

Hmm quite a difference in DP there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

As john Holmes always points out, the netweather learners area on these very forums has a lot of excellent material, from basic to advanced. Take a read through it.

I'm too slow again. :acute:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

As john Holmes always points out, the netweather learners area on these very forums has a lot of excellent material, from basic to advanced. Take a read through it.

Not sure what the link is called, but there is also a learners area if someone could perhaps provide a link to Sungirl. B)

Currently 3.5c AT, 3.1c DP, 985,2hpa AP and falling rapidly. 4.4mm thus far and a few hours more to come.

Let's hope the wraparound is still on as indeed it's turning to snow in parts of the west. :yahoo:

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

TY - a project for tomorrow at work, after the xmas pressies are wrapped!!! Thats assuming I am not snowed in :rofl:

Can you tell its v quiet in my office atm?!!!

Posted

Temperature - 2.9C

Dewpoint - 1.7C

Hmm quite a difference in DP there.

Just a few miles up the road and up headington hill and it is 2.5c and dp @ 0.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I can report wet snow now its amazing i knew it wouldnt be long if the lickie hills has snow . Long night as i have work in the morn!

Posted

From Martyn Hick's weather station, Filton:

http://www.martynhicks.co.uk/weather/data.php?page=live

temp 3.3C

DP 2.5C

Pressure 985mb

Wind from E veering NE, guess the wraparound taking effect.

Edited by kumquat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Looking at raintoday it looks as if some of us might get a good long spell of clear skies before the wrap around begins - that should enable temps to drop nicely before the ppn starts again, don't you think? Is the main "storm" still off Lands End or has it passed south? I don't have any other radar.

Pressure: 980

Temp: 5.7 and falling

DP: 5.0 and falling

Edited by katemart

Posted

Apparently someone has tweeted Liam Dutton (on twitter) now of channel 4 weather saying it is snowing in Eastcombe, Cotswolds.

Posted

Radar looks pretty good right now, LP is starting to try and wrap around precip on its western flank, a sure sign of a strengthening low.

Precip over Wales should be getting a move on very soon!

Would this help me in Oxford, Kold? Also is this due to go south east? Gotta a funny feeling im gonna see nothing, please tell me i'm being wrong!

Posted

Good night my lovelies. "See you on the ice?" :rofl:

Whoopss, should I have really said that. :nea:

http://wiki.answers...._originate_from

Night Night

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

25 min update:

temp 3C

DP: 2.1C

Pressure 984mb

Wind: NE sustained

Looking at the radar the ppn is wrapping right around my house!

how long u recon? till it comes east.. that snow seems to of been in same place in wales for ages

Hey lfcdude, you're gonna have to wait for hours for any wraparound colder air and ppn, I would have thought. Right up until 5/6 am.

Probably not worth waiting up for - unless you have all night to kill.

Posted

The rain here definitely has sleet in it, covering my mums car for a few seconds before disappearing. Temp- 2.3c. Dew Point: 0.7c

Posted

Good luck buddy, I expect you'll see something at some stage - better high ground and colder inland than us in Bristol. Just hope it won't be a damp squib of rain/sleet. Isn't Woodpecker very weak? Heheh I see you must be pacing yourself.

Posted

Good luck buddy, I expect you'll see something at some stage - better high ground and colder inland than us in Bristol. Just hope it won't be a damp squib of rain/sleet. Isn't Woodpecker very weak? Heheh I see you must be pacing yourself.

indeed normally would be stella our henry weston... but its a long wait, and cant stand stuff like fosters, carling... tests like left trouser leg water... so woodpecker it is :)

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

Back from Xmas party and I'm on the Stella for a good straight kick in the teeth - otherwise I'd be up all night. Wind seems to be howling, Precipitation seems to be diving south rapidly from Wales now - just hope it has some cold air with it.

temp: 2.7

DP: 1.8

Pressure: 983.6mb

Surface Wind: NNE veering N

Heavy ppn seems to be dropping out of Wales down this way like a stone. Lets hope there's some embedded cold uppers. Good luck, I'll window watch then its bed for me.