Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Temperature drop from 6C to 3.9C in less than an hour

This is a good trend for those on the edge (meteorologically speaking) of that precipitation band when it decides to get here.

Judging by the BBC forecast I posted on here or on the storm thread, it indicated the rainband would be making its way up from the SouthWest and hitting my region by about 2100BST. Potentially, with you by say 2200BST. :hi:

Keep those reports coming as it could well be that the colder Northerly plunge is coming SOONER than they initially stated.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

This is a good trend for those on the edge (meteorologically speaking) of that precipitation band when it decides to get here.

Judging by the BBC forecast I posted on here or on the storm thread, it indicated the rainband would be making its way up from the SouthWest and hitting my region by about 2100BST. Potentially, with you by say 2200BST. :hi:

Keep those reports coming as it could well be that the colder Northerly plunge is coming SOONER than they initially stated.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Sure, will do my best to stay active here tonight. Are you up for an all-nighter? :p

temp.pngdew.png

Edited by BreezeInTheEast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Sure, will do my best to stay active here tonight. Are you up for an all-nighter? :p

temp.pngdew.png

I plan to have one eye on here and one eye on the PDC darts.

Not that I want anyone to leave me ALONE in here :cray: but some of the respected NAE/NMM (?) outputs are RAMPING UP the possibilities of overnight SNOW for a large part of our region. . :drinks::friends::clapping:

I've noted some very interesting reports coming from the other threads, so I think it COULD be GAME ON for some. It's then down to timings now and radar/lamp-post watching.

Wintry Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I think it's just a case of "wait and see" now to be honest.

Yes, I think its quite probable that at least some in this area will get snow but obviously the exacts of this sort of set-up is very uncertain even at this time due to the marginality. The NNM/NAE do look broadly similar though...

Posted

Here we go, the rain begineth :drinks:

Down comes the clear liquid stuff @ 6.2°C, looks like many hours of this to come.

You never know what could happen to your liquid stuff. :shok: Please keep the reports coming if you can. :hi:

Thankyou kindly.

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Its a depressing 5.3c here atm... I'd really like to see that drop sharply soon.

I will be up late tonight in the hope of seeing something.

Hope everybody keeps posting updates :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Pressure 998 and falling rapidly. Temp steady at 5.5 C for the past 3 hours. DP 1.2 and rising. My local weatherstation predicts a low of -2 tonight (not sure if they mean overnight or before midnight?) so it is going to have to fall pretty quickly if that is going to be achieved. And that really would be unpleasant icy conditions for anybody who has to go out in the morning. Glad to see stuff starting to happen way out west. I'm supposedly doing the end of year banking :help: so I will probably be reading around here late tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

4.9c and hovering around that mark at the moment. Back home it's the precipitation and not the temperature they're worried about, here it's the opposite!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Pressure 998 and falling rapidly. Temp steady at 5.5 C for the past 3 hours. DP 1.2 and rising. My local weatherstation predicts a low of -2 tonight (not sure if they mean overnight or before midnight?) so it is going to have to fall pretty quickly if that is going to be achieved. And that really would be unpleasant icy conditions for anybody who has to go out in the morning. Glad to see stuff starting to happen way out west. I'm supposedly doing the end of year banking :help: so I will probably be reading around here late tonight.

Temps should stay around 4-5c all night until around 4-5am when it falls, perhaps 1-2c in southampton at 8am.

4.9c and hovering around that mark at the moment. Back home it's the precipitation and not the temperature they're worried about, here it's the opposite!

Indeed- for the midlands it's a case of 'it's cold enough but is anything gonna fall?' and in southern england it is more 'it's gonna fall but is it cold enough'... you cannot really strike a medium!

Posted

It's a not so nice 5.3c and stable here, DP of 3.1, a 7mph wind and pressure at 995.1mb rising at 0.2mb/h.

On the + side the fire is lit and a nice stock of logs for the night, tea in the oven and a pack of beer on the table all set for a long night of weather watching.

The chance of my first bit of snow this winter is good compensation for missing out on a good storm I've been looking forward to all week :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well that was an interesting forecast! Focussed on the east of our region, especially the motorway network...I'm going to have a fun journey home tomorrow!!

Posted

Well that was an interesting forecast! Focussed on the east of our region, especially the motorway network...I'm going to have a fun journey home tomorrow!!

I've got the day off work tomorrow, drive down the M40 to London every day during the week, will be able to watch events unfold safe in the knowledge that what ever it does it won't affect me for a change :good: . 4.1 c here and rising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

snow graphics righ down to south coast on bbc news forecast a few minutes ago

fingers crossed for a flurry !! the charts on the michael fish video looks resonable too

Posted

ill be on me way to work at about 05:00 fingers crossed ill see a little flurry or 2

Edited by coxxy22

Posted

Oh sweet Geez... Temp has gone UP from 5.3 to 5.6

Minimal, I know but its not a trend I want to see continue :help:

Any positive white news predictions for my area very gratefully received :help:

Posted

Oh sweet Geez... Temp has gone UP from 5.3 to 5.6

Minimal, I know but its not a trend I want to see continue :help:

Any positive white news predictions for my area very gratefully received :help:

Don't worry if the temperature shoots up, this is going to happen as the precip moves in, its the colder undercut from the north as the low heads into the continent that will give a chance of some snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Does anyone else do this: Stare out of the window thinking if this only were snow? It is chucking it down with rain and I think thats what we will get this far south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Does anyone else do this: Stare out of the window thinking if this only were snow?

Yup. ALL the time!

Posted

Rain here now some heavy a few hours of this and we could have some flooding,may be some sleet on back ege for morning rush hour but not lasting to long.a few miles inland could get some snow in morning for a hour or two.