Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms - 12th December 2011 Onwards Part 2

Coast

Posted

I'm a bit west of you but agree about it being most intense between 11 and 12, walked my girlfriend home at 11 and felt pretty nervous walking below some of the old trees! I've seen a few posts saying winds could increase in the south east up until 3 to 4:30am but dunno if we have seen the worst now?

Does feel like the worst is over. I had the winds from 8pm until around an hour ago. Just the odd gust now.

Going to give it 20 mins then must get some sleep. I can't pull all nighters anymore esp if we have another storm thurs night!!!

Posted

The squall line at the cold front just woke me up, more powerful here than any of the last few months with incredibly heavy rain (rate 35.9mm/hour) and with winds battering it against the windows and hail mixed in. Has calmed down down but still p*ssing it down and a lot more to come on the radar, would expect there has been some flooding from the rain today esp given how much rain we've had recently in this part of the world.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

wind gust max now 54mph and pressure is 987.6mb, may be starting to calm down soon/now but very 40+ gusts for a while yet i'd imagine, going to try sleeping again.

Posted

The squall line at the cold front just woke me up, more powerful here than any of the last few months with incredibly heavy rain (rate 35.9mm/hour) and with winds battering it against the windows and hail mixed in. Has calmed down down but still p*ssing it down and a lot more to come on the radar, would expect there has been some flooding from the rain today esp given how much rain we've had recently in this part of the world.

Blimey. You can keep it. Think of it as an early Christmas pressie. I don't want it. [nor will I get it, way too far east for that]

Hope your not too flooded by morning. :good:

That squall line from the cold front is just hitting here now. Very heavy rain and strong winds now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Excellent. Sorry that it woke you up though.

Send it to us southerners and southeasterners.

It's looking like Hereford and Newport/Cardiff in line for the Squall line come 1am ish...?

What temp are you Mike?

11.1c here but I think I've reached a peak in the Barometer trend at a decent 984.5hpa.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not grey and damp

Raining pretty heavy again, not squally, wind ambleing along at force 5-6. Temp has crept down to 8.4c. Pressue is relativly stable at the moment, maybe dropping very slowly.

Just sort of waiting for it to pick up again, would hope to see an improvement by 3am. Think there will just be blustery bands of rain blowing in from the irish sea every hour or so till then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus
Posted · Hidden by Arnie Pie, December 13, 2011 - mistake
Hidden by Arnie Pie, December 13, 2011 - mistake

Excellent. Sorry that it woke you up though.

Send it to us southerners and southeasterners.

It's looking like Hereford and Newport/Cardiff in line for the Squall line come 1am ish...?

What temp are you Mike?

Then on to Birmingham

11.1c here but I think I've reached a peak in the Barometer trend at a decent 984.5hpa.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted

"It's looking like Hereford and Newport/Cardiff in line for the Squall line come 1am ish...?" Then all the way to Birmingham

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

"It's looking like Hereford and Newport/Cardiff in line for the Squall line come 1am ish...?" Then all the way to Birmingham

Yep, 01:30 sound good to you?

And Wolverhampton and probably Stoke on Trent right about now.

Posted

Does anyone know whether it's finished for us in the south east? Still raining but the wind seems to have calmed down over the past half hour.

I need to sleep now, but not if I am going to be woken up later!! :lazy:

Posted

Does anyone know whether it's finished for us in the south east? Still raining but the wind seems to have calmed down over the past half hour.

I need to sleep now, but not if I am going to be woken up later!! :lazy:

Not sure where Woodford Green is but see my post from earlier (445) regarding timings.

I must also say the I.O.W looks like its getting hit by something good too any time soon.

Folks, you all should purchase NW radar at times like these. Less than 50p a week.

Posted

cheers Gotto Just started a camera rolling ....so i`ll keep you in touch

wimd vectors all over the place as i watch some heavy looking cells.....on my 50p a week radar

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

Not sure where Woodford Green is but see my post from earlier (445) regarding timings.

I must also say the I.O.W looks like its getting hit by something good too any time soon.

Folks, you all should purchase NW radar at times like these. Less than 50p a week.

My Subscription ran out at the start of the month, it's on my list of millions of stuff to do.

Yes will look at your earlier post. I am in north east greater London.

Thanks.

Yup. Looks like we are done now. Off to bed.

See you all on Thurs night!! :acute:

Posted

cheers Gotto Just started a camera rolling ....so i`ll keep you in touch

wimd vectors all over the place as i watch some heavy looking cells.....on my 50p a week radar

Ahem, less than 50p a week. And no, I'm not on commission. :rofl:

That Isle of Wight cell I mentioned looks like a Selsey tornado revisited, BUT I would not be wishing that on anybody. :80:

The main band is starting is dissipate slightly I believe.

Derby, Gloucester and Exeter in line for the Squall within the half hour I would say. Birmingham any minute now?

Posted

torrential rain for 5 Min's with the heavier gusts after the main rain band Last couple of passing squall lines have been more impressive/ photogenic.....it was 10 mins late Gotto

nice while it was occuring.....time lapse later

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

torrential rain for 5 Min's with the heavier gusts after the main rain band Last couple of passing squall lines have been more impressive/ photogenic.....it was 10 mins late Gotto

nice while it was occuring.....time lapse later

Good stuff. What's 10 minutes between friends, got to love these radars. :good:

I think it be bed time. :lazy:

Posted

All hell has just broken loose here. Been hapily dozeing, then out of nowhere rain and gusting to 51mph.

Posted

All hell has just broken loose here. Been hapily dozeing, then out of nowhere rain and gusting to 51mph.

Yep, another squall just gone through your area and I imagine another decent temperature drop too.

Sleet/Snow on the radars over parts of Ireland now.

I'm not unexpecting an upgrade in terms of wintry stuff in the days ahead, winter for some could come earlier than they might imagine.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Fair dos, this is pretty nasty, super gusty, just had 60mph, dead on westerly. temp has dropped now at 6.1c, pressure is pretty stable. This has got my heart racing. Its dying off a little now thankfully

Edited by Treiagonaut

Posted

for any peps remaining :hi:

you can see when the squall line struck........camera shake

Music warning due to crap editing

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

OMG what was that?I was watching tv with headphones on as others are in bed when all of a sudden the house started shaking violently,I opened a window and for a minute or two the wind was really strong,gates were banging the garden chairs went flying car alarms have gone off and now pouring down,wind nearly non excistent now but a few minutes ago was like wow!!!