Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms - 12th December 2011 Onwards Part 2

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Yep squall line just woke me up in LB. I have a problem!

I don't have a problem actually. Some weird swear filter on here...and I didn't even swear!

Posted

OMG what was that?I was watching tv with headphones on as others are in bed when all of a sudden the house started shaking violently,I opened a window and for a minute or two the wind was really strong,gates were banging the garden chairs went flying car alarms have gone off and now pouring down,wind nearly non excistent now but a few minutes ago was like wow!!!

just had a similar thing happen here, rain and wind was swirling down so hard was worried a tornado was forming down my road for a mintute!!

Guest Quantumsnow

Flipping heck! Just got woken up by what sounded like one hell of a gust. That rain currently in the channel looks pretty potent too. My My weather station seems to be reporting some rather extreme gusts, not convinced by it though it's normally pretty good.

Posted

Morning, well after an interesting drive in, I have had a look at the low NW of us and its hardly moved in the last 7hrs and is down to 948mb with some tightening isobars in its SW quadrant,http://meteocentre.com/analyse/map.php?hour=0〈=en&map=AtlN have also noticed that the wind speed has started to pick up again in much of the S, SW & SE of England so get a feeling that its not finished yet. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

and if the isobars are correct then anyone in the NW of the UK that has been crowing about how is the south that’s been getting the hammering may get a little taster as well. If the Met O got the track right then northern Ireland and northern England and Scotland could get some very windy conditions later.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Nothing to dramatic report here. One or two heavy showers winds just gusting over 40 mph.

Anyway Met Office still going for a storm Friday GFS having none of it latest ECM not out yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Yes, the Met Office now seem to be out on their own with this one. The latest fax chart is peculiar. At T72 is shows the low over south west England, seemingly following a track similar to that shown by the GFS, but then at T96 it's in the northern half of the North Sea having moved rapidly N/NE.

I just can't see that happening. I notice they're now using the word 'potentially' relating to stormy weather on Friday, in their forecasts updated this morning, whereas before it was 'likely'.

I'm expecting warnings to start being removed fairly soon.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Going to be a bad week for the Met office now the media have picked up on the storm for Friday if it doesn't happen. Interesting that the fax is still showing this. Will the other models reverse or will ukmo swing to the other sceniro later today.

Posted

Morning to all,

Here in Paris it has been windy all night but nothing really noticeable.Just quickly looked at Friday and it seems more serious for here as forecasted now for gusts up to 60 miles!!!sure it may change before friday.

Thank you for all reports from your part of Uk.Always nice to check what is happening on the other side of Channel.

Yes just checked 43 miles gusting winds here in the south of Paris for the night.Bit less now.

Edited by jean91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Heavy hail showers and gusty winds here with a temp of only 4.3c, looking very nasty later with severe gales or storm force winds, Meto increased gusts for my town to 70-80mph. But still no weather warning?

Metcheck issued highest alert for later. http://www.metcheck....EE/warnings.asp

Wind gusts in excess of 70mph over Western Ireland atm http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Ecm 0z says no to the storm in Friday, it has virtually vanished. Ukmo out on its own now, make or break time for the meto.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

These showers coming through in the South have some VERY strong winds with them..Just had one pass through and a gust of at least 70mph slamed the house..Much stronger than anything last night..Got some damage to the fence now thanks to that and a for sale signs that where down the road are in my front garden..

Nothing like that sort of wind strength down in the south, people tend to overestimate wind speed massively, it was probably around 40mph or so.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/