Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Tiny bit of very light snow here in NW Kent. Have to look really hard to see it though... Quite a surprise given my location.

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted

Its on its way down and is showing up as snow on netweather's radar, would be a nice suprise to just see a light snow shower, keep the ppn coming.. :good:

Edited by lewis028

Posted

I dont think the bbc weather will give out snow forecast , for the days ahead with every thing being uncertain.The showers forecast for tomorrow,were not there yesterday.Its going to be forecast as things develop.Any way very light snow falling at the mo. :drinks:

Posted

they wont mention it because the simply dont know, forecasting convective showers is more of a nowcast thing :) so dont give up!

I know been on this forum for many years convective showers almost always catch people by surprise. I am looking at the NW extra radar and charts I have not given up any hope. A lot of people do not realise that this is very much a SE event at the mo so of course they are all wailing in dispair at the models LOL We will get what we get.

Posted

Pepping up over Essex atm and heading SW towards the London area. Anyone in Essex reporting snow? Or is it rain?

I'm in Romford and nothing here. Is it following the rough course of the A12? Apologies, on phone so can't see raintoday website.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Just been on the MO thread. There is alot of negativity on there. But reading through some of the more knowledgable and none bias posters, this cold spell looks pretty good for the SE and East. Its just a shame that the way things stand, the west of the country will have a slight warm up (but still cold).

Posted

How i would love to be in Essex, South London, Surrey and North/East Kent this next week. The wind direction looks pretty perfect for you guys and with such cold uppers, there is bound to be a decent amount of convection. Just how much is the big question and how far can these shower penertrate inland?

Remember this time 3 years ago? We had a pretty similar situation, although perhaps the airmass was slightly more unstable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

How i would love to be in Essex, South London, Surrey and North/East Kent this next week. The wind direction looks pretty perfect for you guys and with such cold uppers, there is bound to be a decent amount of convection. Just how much is the big question and how far can these shower penertrate inland?

Remember this time 3 years ago? We had a pretty similar situation, although perhaps the airmass was slightly more unstable.

You took the thought straight out of my head. I was just thinking that!

Posted

here is a screen grab of the NW Extra radar. Can anyone confirm the snow over thanet at the mo?

I was just wondering the same thing - been watching that develop over the last hour or so but it doesn't seem to be really moving anywhere?

Posted

here is a screen grab of the NW Extra radar. Can anyone confirm the snow over thanet at the mo?

im at the southern edge of that, sleety with the odd large snow flake

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

GFS 12z solution gives britain it's first sighting of -15c 850hpa air since February 7 1991- most likely reserved for south-eastern england. Thursday and Friday could potentially give some hefty snow showers driven in from a E/ENE wind for some southern parts- but I would wait until Wednesday evening to be looking at specifics :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

someone from Thanet just told me there is nowt??

GFS 12z solution gives britain it's first sighting of -15c 850hpa air since February 7 1991- most likely reserved for south-eastern england. Thursday and Friday could potentially give some hefty snow showers driven in from a E/ENE wind for some southern parts- but I would wait until Wednesday evening to be looking at specifics :)

BRING IT ON I SAY!!! XD

Posted

What ever is on the extreme eastern end of that stuff coming down from Clacton/Colchester way looks like it will go straight over my head (SS9) So will report what it is when it gets here. Probably Sleet and Graupel as it really is not cold enough yet here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

spots of sleetzle - thats about it! - on the Essex coast. - by the way I changed my user name (Used to be Timmy H)

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Expectantly waiting for the tiny flurry that will come from the radar blob.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

what is annoying me a hell of alot at the moment is the "mild brigade" and the way they keep there views to themselves when the models show cold, but as soon as one shows a less cold solution they are there like rats! and the only reason is to bait other users, the MOD thread is almost unbearable to be honest.

i do belive that we will get snow, and very possibly, lots of it.

i just wish there was a more panoramic assessment of what the models show rather than people cherry picking mild synoptics to cause bad feeling.........

PHEW............rant over, sorry peeps :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Temp went down to 0.8 half an hour ago and now has risen too 1.2 .Can anyone tell me why its now rising? :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

What ever is on the extreme eastern end of that stuff coming down from Clacton/Colchester way looks like it will go straight over my head (SS9) So will report what it is when it gets here. Probably Sleet and Graupel as it really is not cold enough yet here.

Uppers are around -9c.. Dew Point here in 0c with a temperature of 2c. If it arrives it'll fall as snow, lets just hope it doesn't fizzle out!