Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread.

Temp went down to 0.8 half an hour ago and now has risen too 1.2 .Can anyone tell me why its now rising? :drinks:

As eastenders starts you notice an uptick of television boxes being turned on & the heat radiates the surrounding area..

are you watching it- as it will effect your thermometer

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

As eastenders starts you notice an uptick of television boxes being turned on & the heat radiates the surrounding area..

are you watching it- as it will effect your thermometer

S

Lol,very good that made me chuckle,and yes how did you know i am watching it .You must be watching it too Steve :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow snow

Just took the rubbish out and I never do that, just to see if it was is snowin, and to my surprise it is lightly here in heybridge nr maldon, I want more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wondering if snowgirlkent is also looking at the blob and thinking hurry up!!! Seems to have taken a rest over deal/thanet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Twitter reports of very light snow in croydon and caterham. With my highly trained eye on the halogen lamp, and as desperate as I am, I can honestly say there is something floating about. It could be a couple of drizzles though, or maybe dust?

Posted

Steve m - how long do you think the blob will take to get to me?!

And where is yamkin

Posted

what is annoying me a hell of alot at the moment is the "mild brigade" and the way they keep there views to themselves when the models show cold, but as soon as one shows a less cold solution they are there like rats! and the only reason is to bait other users, the MOD thread is almost unbearable to be honest.

i do belive that we will get snow, and very possibly, lots of it.

i just wish there was a more panoramic assessment of what the models show rather than people cherry picking mild synoptics to cause bad feeling.........

PHEW............rant over, sorry peeps :)

The mild brigade only comes out when they see on the charts what they want to see (they post like crazy during the summer and warm spells!!) they jump on the wagon as soon as the mention of breakdown, Mild uppers, atlantic domination etc etc.. but as soon as the charts revert back,, which what will prob happen.. Gone!! you will see there names on the base of the page.. reading model output page... just checking... ready to leap once again!!... anyway got light flurries here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Twitter reports of very light snow in croydon and caterham. With my highly trained eye on the halogen lamp, and as desperate as I am, I can honestly say there is something floating about. It could be a couple of drizzles though, or maybe dust?

Snap here too, I can see something falling roughly every 10 seconds on the street light outside, whether it's snow or not I haven't a clue, though you'd think it would be

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Experts on here - Can the heat London gives of " beef" up showers??

lol. no.

i'm not an expert. but stil, no....

Edited by danm

Posted

If those blobs in channel hit the coast is that called a channel streamer? And is that possible in this wind direction

Posted

Wondering if snowgirlkent is also looking at the blob and thinking hurry up!!! Seems to have taken a rest over deal/thanet

I am waiting patiently! Seems to be edging closer :clapping: It seems cold enough - temperature here is 1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

That precipitation over Colchester fell as sleet here in Braintree. Stopped now. Disappointing.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Wondering if that precipitation moving SW from East Anglia will make it over the channel and hit north west Kent... Also a chance it could pep up as it passes over the Thames...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

That precipitation over Colchester fell as sleet here in Braintree. Stopped now. Disappointing.

Really? Ah well, not much to look forward to then.

Posted

Experts on here - Can the heat London gives of " beef" up showers??

Only during summer showers and storms situations normally during cold spells london can actually turn snow to rain... seen it happen loooadddss of times... snows one side of london.. crosses london snow turns to rain, rains my side... For beefing up snow showers u need the good ol river thames.. and warm waters of the thames inlet area.. then its called a thames streamer.. (seen that quite a few times as well).. that doesnt warm the cloud up but beefs them up... all very scientific and sometimes confusing. But can drop hours upon hours of snow in a small area in right conditions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Snap here too, I can see something falling roughly every 10 seconds on the street light outside, whether it's snow or not I haven't a clue, though you'd think it would be

It's so tiny I have to go outside to see it. Temp gone up slightly to 3.6 and dew 0.6 so could be anything...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

If those blobs in channel hit the coast is that called a channel streamer? And is that possible in this wind direction

The rain showers last Sunday were doing the "Kent Conveyor" thing! Much like last years snow!

Posted

Excited ! Thanks for replys

Will wait a while then look ! :)

But I won't think it's special unless it's heavy because I'm greedy :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

It's so tiny I have to go outside to see it. Temp gone up slightly to 3.6 and dew 0.6 so could be anything...

it pepped up very slightly here, enough to be able to see what it is anyway.. it was.. SNOW!

It seems a light area of PPN developed ahead of the main (light) area, hoping it'll pep up as it crosses the Thames, it seems to be fizzling out. Ah well, wasn't expecting anything significant tonight, hopefully we see some proper showers tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Somethings happening out sidfe,not sure whether its rain or snow,so tiny and every 10 secs,could be anything but at least there is movement out there :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Somethings happening out sidfe,not sure whether its rain or snow,so tiny and every 10 secs,could be anything but at least there is movement out there :)

I will take anything.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

temp still rising here currently 1.6 and Eastenders has finished Steve,so whats the reason now lol :drinks: